[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Experiences with Jerusalem Artichokes? I hear they cause major
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1455416979254.jpg (264 KB, 1000x722) Image search: [Google]
1455416979254.jpg
264 KB, 1000x722
Experiences with Jerusalem Artichokes?

I hear they cause major ass fumes.
>>
>>7383926
I've had them several times, never noticed any particular fart issues as a result.
>>
They're not worth the trip.
>>
>>7383926
You should experience what's oozing out of my ass then.
>>
>>7385244
That induces a mental impression of unease.
>>
>>7383926
Uhm... I thought they were considered fodder?
>>
>>7383926
I'd never buy them but that's not to say they're bad. It's just they grow so fast and so easily. My old garden was overrun with them the year I didn't watch them. They spread like wildfire and self propagate brilliantly. I planted them alongside potatoes on an abandoned green and have reaped the rewards

They're good, earthy and bland in a good way. Just a blank slate starch really. They do cause a bit of flatulence but considering how they grow like weeds I'll take a few farts for a free meal
>>
I really love the nutty, buttery flavour, but every time I eat more than a cup of them, I have to hide myself for half a day while the eggy vapours from my anus cause national UV index warnings.
>>
Never had an issue.
makes a good puree as a side for steak
>>
They're great roasted. Will also allow you to attempt a moonshot with your bedsheets.
>>
Offhand, what are some recipes that are actually good for these?
>>
You may have confused them with their close cousins, [spoiler]fartichokes huehuehuehuehuehuehuehue[/spoiler].
>>
>>7383926
don't you know according to recent pop science ass fumes are good for healing cancer and also good for the folks around you
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/farts-can-fight-cancer-well-6793616
>>
>>7389333

http://www.duckandroses.com/tag/jerusalem-artichoke/
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.