[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why my chicken tastes delicious just after I finish cooking but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1451314656409.jpg (117 KB, 771x1024) Image search: [Google]
1451314656409.jpg
117 KB, 771x1024
Why my chicken tastes delicious just after I finish cooking but gets so shit next day, spending the night in the fridge?

Serious, I will start eating the entire chicken in one day and go the next four vegan (no time to cook chicken everyday), at least is better than almost puking. Hope I don`t die because I`m already skinnier than pic related.
>>
>>7383236
It's easier and probably cheaper to buy chicken breast in bulk.
>>
once you grow up you'll put on weight, I was like you in university too
>>
Probably I`m gonna start IF every two days so I don`t need to eat anything from the fridge AND can do all the things I have to do.
>>
I've noticed myself that left over chicken always tastes bad, and I believe the microwave is the problem here.
Try reheating in the oven or on the stovetop. Microwave makes chicken taste like ass.
>>
>>7383267
Or make a chicken salad, if it still tastes bad then OP is buying some weird chicken or he's developed a food phobia of some kind about old meat.
>>
I always use the stove and it still tastes shit. I believe the fat content is the problem, after cooled it won`t return to the original state after reheating.
>>
Try this: shread chicken and make tortilas. Or refry them maybe in bread crumbs. Or cold russian salad. One with boiled potatoes, carot, peas, eggs and tons of mayo. If you are gonna reheat do it to the core, heating it up just to rught temperature to eat is gonna make it taste blah. But don't dry it out, in needs to fry. Also change where you buy the chicken, probably low quality meat taste worse when reheated. I buy from small local stands on market not the industrial ones. Look for yellowish meat not pale. Fat is yellow. Also chicken breats are the same size, often one is smaller becouse caged industrial chickens lay only on one side. Free range is way to go
>>
When I cook chicken thighs I only eat them off of the bone that night. I debone and shred leftover thighs and use them in burritos with plenty of other ingredients that drown out any potential off-taste or in pot pies.

My grandmother would usually serve leftovers in a stew (split pea soup for pork, gravy for poultry) of some sort so I kind of just stole the idea from her.
>>
Srsly cold chicken taste worse if it's cheap than the free range ones. I have no idea why it looses it's flavour so gradiualy after cooling down
>>
I know in the west we typically sneer at the idea but try poaching the chicken rather than roasting it.

Reheated / recooked / reseasoned poached chicken tastes infinitely better than the equivalent roasted one.
>>
Brine the chicken before roasting it. then it will taste delicious all day every day.
>>
File: two.jpg (38 KB, 306x257) Image search: [Google]
two.jpg
38 KB, 306x257
>>7385532
here's a pic
>>
>>7383236
Simply refrigerate your chicken in a sealed container with some chicken stock poured over it.

This may require carving it from the bone first if you do whole birds.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.