[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Chipotle general. Post pics, stories, and favorite orders.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 6
File: burrito-2-630x427.jpg (80 KB, 630x427) Image search: [Google]
burrito-2-630x427.jpg
80 KB, 630x427
Chipotle general. Post pics, stories, and favorite orders.
>>
>>7383067
The ingredients are never that well mixed in a burrito.

>buy burrito
>take bite
all rice
>take next bit
all guac
>take another bite
all beans
>>
>>7383067
I would eat a 5lb bass
>>
Food-borne illness general?
>>
>>7383075
Get a bowl and mix it yourself. Maybe even get a tortilla so you can make your own burrito.
>>
I remember that one time I got Salmonella of the E.coli Norovirus burrito (bowl, I'm watching my carbs).
I shat so hard an hour later, that I levitated above my toilet for a good thirty seconds!
Ahhh...good times...
>>
>>7383079
>paying someone to make your food
>remaking it when you get home

I bet you leave a tip at Chipotle too, don't you?
>>
>>7383088
You actually typed that out and thought it was funny. You thought that if you posted it, someone as stupid as you would laugh at it. What a fucking failure you are.
>>
>stories

hahaha remember that good time I went to Chipotle, paid 8 bucks for 2 lbs of tortilla, beans, weak salsa, and rice, ate it, and left wanting to kill myself to Le Tigre? those were good times...

on a serious note, does anyone else think that these onslaught of DIY chain restaurants that cater to a large but mentally timid group of consumers who are afraid to taste something that actually has flavor or isn't something they're used to, is killing the restaurant industry?

like our tastes are all becoming homogenized, becoming accustomed to an increasingly limited selection of restaurants and flavors over time, and we're very okay with it. Take the average white american in a new city. Instead of trying out a local business or new establishment, 9 times out of 10 shes going to bring the kids to Pieology or Chipotle or 5 guys or whatever the new "fast-casual" restaurant is these days. What sells is "schticks," not actual substance. Umami burger. Kula REvolving sushi. These kind of tacky things sounds like the hallmarks of the fad-obsessed 90s and yet restaurants like Blaze pizza and yogurt land are still laughing all the way to the bank when in reality, the final product is inferior to an actual scoop of regular old Vanilla

and that's kind of what we need, Vanilla, not butternut monkey hopscotch suprise that you deconstructed on a cold plate
>>
2 scoops rice.
2 scoops black beans.
1 scoop corn.

I'd enjoy it more if it was less expensive, and the employees under the manager were widely treated better by their fellow coworkers.
Food tastes good though, good quality, and clean.
>>
>>7383109

At chipotle, we use only the finest quality e. coli, norovirus, and salmonella for your explosive shitting pleasure.
>>
File: 2015-12-14_13.38.10-1.jpg (475 KB, 864x864) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-14_13.38.10-1.jpg
475 KB, 864x864
>>7383067
Check out this /beautiful/ & /moist/ chicken from my chipotle tacos
>>
File: badger_pissed_off.jpg (213 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
badger_pissed_off.jpg
213 KB, 1280x1024
>go to Chipotle
>order burrito
>go to pay, hand the cashier girl a 50
>she stares at it for a few second, realize she doesn't know how to make change
>take burrito and go back to my car
>count change, now have $55.
>Mfw Chipotle paid me $5 to eat there.
>>
>>7383067
Eurofag here, I want to set up a chipotle style of restaurant out here, does anyone know where I can get some good recipes for the toppings offered at chipotle? Also, any idea about rough start up costs? I've got around $300k that I can use to start it.
>>
>>7383156
looks fine puss-boy
>>
File: 1455134761763.jpg (18 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
1455134761763.jpg
18 KB, 680x680
>>7383159
Some pretzel place did this to me, handed a 100 and got like 112 back.
>>
>>7383159
That is unethical anon.
You should go back and right that mistake.

>Go to chipotle
>order burrito
>get to cash register
>cashier starts ringing up my burrito
>gets distracted by talking coworker
>I am standing there, card in hand, for what felt like two minutes
>I walk out
>crippled burrito maker (the guy has a mini arm with a mini hand, it is fucking hilarious when he is on burrito wrapping duty) chases me to my car.
>tells me I forgot my burrito
>tell him I didn't pay for it
>he looks confused, so I tell him what happened
>he apologizes and gives me a free burrito

I used to work in a service industry. I never let coworkers distract me from interacting with the customer. But boy did they try to distract me.
>>
>>7383179
Chipotle has posted their guac recipe online, you could probably get away with using that.
Don't offer queso, no matter how much people beg. From what I've heard it's insanely hard to make fresh, so if you want fresh food made in store like chipotle has, it won't be an option. Try to offer a bigger variety of other toppings than chipotle however. Olives, bacon, veggies that aren't fajitas, and have more types of hot sauce other than tobasco.
>>
>burrito
>chicken
>bell pepper and onion
>black beans
>two scoops of hot salsa
>sour cream
>cheese

And then once I get to my seat, the fucker is already a soggy mess that had no chance of staying intact in the first place. I don't stuff my burrito too bad, do i? Have I just experienced burrito wrapper workers who have no clue how to properly wrap a burrito? It is so disappointing to have to grab a fucking fork and spoon halfway through every burrito I order from this shithole. I stopped going a few months ago. I would get them double wrapped, but seriously? I'm not even stuffing it that much. That would be too much tortilLa
>>
>>7383264
Are you fucking trolling? Two scoops of salsa and sour cream is way too much liquid. The employees fucking know it's gonna rip, and they can't do shit about it, cause they can't tell your fat ass to stop ordering liquid fucking burritos.
>>
>>7383257
sounds good, and yeah, i've already tried making chipotle's guac recipe and it tastes even better because i used fresher ingredients, but the general flavors were about the same as that of chipotle's.

Do you have any idea whether or not i could find recipes for things like their meats, etc. - I assume they have a variety of seasonings that they add to them.
>>
I once watched a guy spend about five minutes arguing with a cashier over whether or not he should be allowed to buy a margarita to go.
>>
>>7383257
olives are a horrible idea. I would stick with a few good salsas, flavored rice, chicken, steak, make real carnitas (braised pork shoulder that has been crisped in an oven), maybe go full mexican and offer turkey, and fried battered fish for tacos (top this with coleslaw)...

just look at a mexican food blog that ties to be authentic

Also, ceviche is easy and delicious, serve it on a toastada
>>
>>7383272
Just try googling it, there's bound to have been a few employees who've leaked that stuff.
>>
>>7383271
I'm not kidding.. How is two scoops of salsa and sour cream too much?? I know people who order like all of the salsas.. Do you work at chipotle? I honestly thought the burrito I make wouldn't be too much of a problem since I don't stuff it to hell like most people do. Also, their tortillas seem pretty large and durable, and they even heat them so they don't fall about easily..
>>
>>7383279
I've already looked into it a bit, and found some recipes, but i guess there's no published recipe like they did for their guac.

Either way, i'm sure it's not hard to come up with some nice tasting meats by trial and error.
>>
File: zizzlemynizzle.gif (993 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
zizzlemynizzle.gif
993 KB, 250x250
>>7383207
>ethics

I was waiting for you to bring that up.
>>
>>7383290
anyone save those leaked recipe cards from that anon who worked at chipotle?
>>
>>7383075
>Hey, can I wrap the burrito myself?
Less work for them and you can spread the filling the around to heart's content.

You have only yourself to blame if you do not ask.
>>
>>7383287
I get all of the salsas + sour cream, and I've not had issues with my burrito being soggy
>>
>>7383108
That's capitalism in morion Anon, unless you're informed or inclined to do your research this happens.
Sometimes I think the human species will never stop being gullible or afraid to try new things.

btw that 'haha' shit should stay on Facebook and awkward family chats.
>>
Are they still charging extra for E. coli?
>>
>>7383296
Not that Anon: Some part of you must be bothered enough to think that's wrong or you're just un-ethical enough to think that's annoying.
>>
>>7383067
The last time I had a burrito from there I was sitting in my car zoned out listening to the radio. I peeled back the wrapper, took a bite and thought to myself, "this burrito isn't even that good, I can't believe I just paid ten fucking dollars for this."

I would honestly rather have Taco Bell. At least they don't pretend to be something they're not. They also know how to party.

>>7383099
CIDF right on cue.
>>
>>7383296
>>7383324

There is no such thing as ethics.

The meaning of a proposition is its method of verification.

Show me a way to test ethical propositions for truth content and I'll eat my hat.
>>
>>7383159
>>7383203

how... does that even happen
>>
>>7383108
Proles and middle class people have always been afraid of the new and challenging. Nothing is changing but the names.
>>
>Buys Food
>Eat it all
>Go to bed late to study for finals
>Suddenly get a stomach pain
>calls friend to pick me up and take me to hospital
>got ecoli for a whole week
>>
>>7383328
>Dude, you're not funny
>CIDF CIDF CIDF REEEEEEEE
>>
>>7383075
That's why I like Panchero's, they actually mix it up.

AFAIK they're only a Midwest chain.
>>
went there with a friend right before it closed to pick up burritos for us and some friends. we were last people in line, and once we got our burritos and sat down to eat, an employee came over to us to apologize that the rice was missing cilantro and offered to make both of us replacement burritos for free to make up for it. we ate our first burritos on the stools facing outside while people unfamiliar with chipotle's hours watched, hungry and locked out. and then we went home and each had an extra burrito for later that night

was great
>>
literally no one can roll burritos there for shit. They reason why they always tear is because they don't prepackage the ingredients, they just slobber it all over the tort and than go around shifting it once they wrap it, causing an imminent disaster.
>>
>>7383108
most people aren't really that into food. they eat what they know they like and aren't dying to go find new and exciting flavors. they take the family out to olive garden to give mom a break from cooking and to get everyone around the table at the same time, not because they love the breadsticks.
>>
So are people still getting sick?

Is Chipotle safer or less safe than other burrito places?
>>
Skip the meat, get free guac
>>
>>7383544
At this point they're going a little overboard with their food safety practices.
It's not going to stop the occasional rock left in the beans or food service worker leaving shit out for too long at room temp, but their supply lines and food safety practices are probably the safest and most meticulous of any chain restaurant right now.
>>
>>7383599

Hmmm I think I'll keep avoiding for a while.
>>
>>7383496

being fat is surely not great :(
>>
>>7383645
good thing i'm not fat :)
>>
Stop shilling for this shitty restaurant.
>>
>>7383077
underposted rate.
>>
>>7383303
I work at Chipotle. What you want senpai?
>>
>at airport
>getting lunch before flight
>order Qdoba burrito
>doesn't come close to Chipotle taste

WHEN'S IT GOING TO BE SAFE TO EAT CHIPOTLE AGAIN BROS?!?!?!?
>>
>>7384332
It was never even dangerous. There's only been 50 people who've gotten sick, and the CDC said the outbreak was over like 2 weeks ago.
>>
>>7384332
It already is. The amount of new policies put in place is insane.
>>
>>7383075
You watch them make the burrito in front of you. If you see something wrong fucking tell them.
>>
>>7384333
Hundreds of people got sick all over the country you moron
>>
>>7383099
>>7383088
I thought it was funny.
>>
>>7383257
offer queso only at certain hours? I would say make a graph of the amount of customers that come in every hour for the first 3-9 months. then serve it between those hours
>>
> go to chipotle because they are offering free buritos to win back customers who stopped going because of E coli out break
> get buritos
> get food poisoning.
> spray pain my toilet brown for the next day.
> go back and write a google review
>>
Shillpotle
>>
>>7383067
>post stories
So there was this awful chain of restaurants that was hyped up by viral marketers even when their restaurants were hubs of disease...
>>
>>7383067
This one time I ordered a burrito and I got E Coli instead
>>
I prefer Moes tbqh
>>
I fucking hate the portions here, you shouldn't need to spend $15 for 1200 calories and 50 grams of protein
>>
>>7385567
Here's a ground breaking notion - go eat somewhere else.

Fucking retard.
>>
>burrito
>EXTRA white rice
>no beans
>barbacoa
>mild AND medium salsa
>sour cream
>cheese
>guacamole

How's my order?
>>
>>7385592
Never said i wouldn't, you salty little mongoloid.

I've been there approximately once and the portions were only appropriate for cuntlets like yourself.
>>
>>7385592
Based Shitpotle viraler
>>
How to pronounce Chipotle?

I say "cha-pottle-lay"
>>
>>7383328
Agreed. I dont understand why chipotle is popular. Nothing they have tastes remotely like mexican. Instead you get a choice of various salad toppings. Lettuce? Corn? Steamed white rice?? They dont even have refried beans. Its like if i slapped some bell peppers, turkey slices, and ketchup between two buns and people started calling it the best burger in town
>>
>>7385662
it's not supposed to taste like mexican, you moron. do you really think that a restaurant could be that bad at replicating something that easy to make? if you want mexican don't go to chipotle
>>
>>7385693
You Chipotle stans are pathetic
>>
>>7383313

>what is irony

that was clearly a joke
>>
>>7385698
the truly pathetic thing is that you would probably decry a san francisco burrito of true quality because "it isn't the way a burrito is supposed to be"
>>
>>7385628
Crappy but not shit tier
>white rice
>black beans
>steak
>tomato salsa
>corn salsa
>sour cream
>cheese
>lettuce
>>
>>7383109

I agree. I am sick of this $10 lunch bullshit. Jimmy johns is charging $10 dollars for a ham sandwich.
>>
>>7385706
What's truly pathetic is the way you Daily Show-loving dorm dwellers rush to defend your shitty dining hall-tier burritos every time someone dares to blaspheme against your epic no GMO brofeed
>>
>>7385724
Honestly this "upscale" fast food shit is so terrible if you lift. McD's or BK gives you quadruple the portions for the same price.

Seriously, i get angry every time i see the dainty fancy feast portions at these fagstaurants (that means faggy restaurant)
>>
>go to chipotle with friend
>he tries making conversation with employee to get more shit on his burrito
>doesnt work
>i just order what i want while im on my phone
>burrito bursts
>she wraps it in another tortilla

it was a lot of fucking tortilla but it was worth it to see my friend so angry
>>
File: 20160210_204331-1600x1200.jpg (365 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
20160210_204331-1600x1200.jpg
365 KB, 1600x1200
>got free "rain check" offer ealier this month
>ordered bowl
>half chicken half steak
>it sucked ass
>3/10 would not eat at Chipotle again even if it was free

Why does everybody like this garbage?
>>
>Muddbutt General
>>
>>7383075
you know u can ask them to mix it up before rolling, righT? Its pretty common actually
>>
>>7385693
Their menu has like two items. Burrito. And taco. "Its not supposed to taste like mexican" lmao
>>
Bowl, burrito or tacos idgaf
Carnitas
Green Salsa
Lettuce
Cheese
Little sour cream
Then spread guac on the bites with a fork
>>
>>7385724
>go to BK
>2 burgers and 2 small fries for $4
>smother with ketchup so you don't have to taste it
>feel full until the next meal
>>
>>7387403
damn son you're stupid
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.