[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Serious question /ck/. Is there any actual flavor difference
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5
File: coke-versus-pepsi.jpg (147 KB, 774x774) Image search: [Google]
coke-versus-pepsi.jpg
147 KB, 774x774
Serious question /ck/. Is there any actual flavor difference between these two?
>>
>>7382397
yes
>>
Pepsi is sweeter
>>
I don't really know the taste of any of them.. It's just sweet
>>
Pepsi < Coca-Cola
Pepsi Max >>> Coke Zero
Diet Pepsi >>>>>>>>> Diet Coke
>>
>>7382405
>Diet Pepsi >>>>>>>>> Diet Coke
You absolute madmaggot
>>
>>7382408
They're right though
>>
>>7382408
Diet Coke has no sharpness, no refreshing sensation. It's too bland and flat and 'thick'. Awful stuff.
>>
Coke is more acidic. Pepsi is sweeter.

Your mileage varies with the low/no-calorie variants. I tried that new Coke (the green label one) and it was fucking disgusting. Felt nauseous for the rest of the day.
>>
>>7382405
This, everyone go home
>>
>>7382412
Diet pepsi tastes like diet coke that has gone flat and with more MOARXtra sugar
>>
>>7382405

Spot on.
>>
File: 320.jpg (18 KB, 207x320) Image search: [Google]
320.jpg
18 KB, 207x320
Opinion on Pepsi Next? I kind of like it desu
>>
File: 1433013700817.jpg (37 KB, 800x551) Image search: [Google]
1433013700817.jpg
37 KB, 800x551
The only one to drink anyway.

But if that's not available, then Pepsi.
>>
I drink RC
>>
Yeah, there is, Coke tastes delicious while pepsi tastes like shit.
>>
>>7382397
Can people really not taste the difference?

Years ago, when they both used real sugar, I imagine they tasted more similar. If you've ever had a Pepsi Throwback, it's much more "Coke-like" than standard Pepsi. Coke with real sugar, in my opinion, doesn't taste any different, it's just less cloyingly sweet.
>>
>>7383141
True patrician taste
>>
Coke has a sharper acidity.

I prefer coke.
>>
>>7382473
i prefer coke life
>>
>>7383141
I'm descended from the founder of RC Cola

I personally thank you for having good taste anon.
>>
>>7383247

coke is definitely more acidic.

you can really taste the difference when you use it to chase whiskey because it clashes with the sharp taste/acidity from the liquor

pepsi is sweeter and less acidic. you can't really taste a huge difference when drinking them regularly (or at least i couldn't before tasting them both with whiskey one after the other because we ran out coke chaser and had to switch to pepsi) but with whiskey it's a huge difference.

>>7383329

RC is shit and so is your entire family
>>
Coke with a splash of water. Opens it up like a fine scotch. Or, well, the reality is that unadulterated pop is too syrupy and thick. Coke has more flavor, pepsi is sweeter, so pepsi tends to lose flavor when it's necessarily thinned with ice or at least water, coke stands up better.
>>
File: mrcola-010000_1.jpg (42 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
mrcola-010000_1.jpg
42 KB, 800x800
mmmm
>>
>>7383368

>i only drink micro-brewed colas

is this gonna be a hot new meme?
>>
>>7383381

It's pretty good, senpai. It's not as acidity as Coke, but the same sort of texture.
>>
Pepsi is more carbonated, Coke has more sugar.
>>
>>7382405
>Diet Pepsi >>>>>>>>> Diet Coke

Diet Pepsi is awful since they switched to aspartame free
>>
>>7383348
>Coke has more flavor, pepsi is sweeter
this
>>
>>7382397
Pepsi is sweeter and has a stronger vanilla taste.
Coke tastes kind of "spicy" by comparison.
>>
>>7383482
Yet I perceive Pepsi as sweeter because Coke is more sour and that helps balance the sugar.
>>
>>7382397
Appearantly, but I don't taste it. I also can't tell the difference between their diet and caffeine free counterparts either.
>>
>>7382401
it has a hint of vanilla actually
thats the whole difference
>>
>>7383189
Why thank you!

>>7383329
Thanks for being related to someone who brought in a more affordable, better tasting cola.
>>
>>7383186

Most people can tell the difference. Best way to tell the difference between them is to try them in equal mediums. I have been drinking regular coke in 8oz glass often and the mexican coke in 12oz glass, they are different and when the pepsi throwback glass came out I tried it, it tasted different than standard pepsi but it went flat before I got half way through it, after it went flat it was disgusting to drink.

Funny thing, regular 8oz glass is still mexican coke, because it is bottled in mexico...
>>
Dr. Pepper is better than both, desu.
>>
File: 533547b.jpg (13 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
533547b.jpg
13 KB, 500x500
You nig nogs need to try superior cola.
>>
coca cola has waaaay more nutmeg and general 'spices' flavour than pepsi. other than pepsi being obviously sweater, this is the main difference
>>
>>7383091
This bc Mexican coke is super sharp, but why Pepsi rather than regular coke? Imo regular coke is a lot sharper than pepsi
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.