[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just bought myself my first own knife this weekend, pic related.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: DSC_6640.jpg (70 KB, 800x532) Image search: [Google]
DSC_6640.jpg
70 KB, 800x532
I just bought myself my first own knife this weekend, pic related.
Im currently still in training, so i live with my parents and have to carry my way to live in other important ways (new car, moving out). Thus I dont have big money to throw around. Now i wonder how i am going to keep this knife around, i dont wanna throw it in the drawer to the other knifes in fear of it becoming dull and we dont own a knife block. Is it a good idea to keep it wrapped in a blanket and then putting it in the drawer?
Also General knife thread i guess
>>
File: Yellow%20Edge-Guard[1].jpg (64 KB, 707x200) Image search: [Google]
Yellow%20Edge-Guard[1].jpg
64 KB, 707x200
>>7378355
Buy one of these plastic edge guards for it.
>>
>>7378362
Well thats surprisingly simple. But then again ive always heard that you are not supposed to use plastic cutting boards and since this only puts the plastic around the edge and doesnt really lesseb the impact it sounds unpractical.
Am i wrong or am i wrong?
>>
>>7378379
You just spent like $100 on a knife while living with your parents and unable to support yourself

From this, it doesn't seem "practical" is really a significant concern of yours
>>
>>7378379
It's meant to prevent things from hitting the edge and chipping it. It'll work fine for that job.

Also plastic cutting boards are fine. It's glass/ceramic/stone/metal boards that are to be avoided.
>>
>>7378383
>if you dont make 1.9k/month+ you are forbidden from having hobbies and joy
>>
>>7378397
No, but if your parents still provide for your needs as an adult and you're buying unnecessary shit rather than working towards some level of autonomy and independence you've got totally fucked up financial priorities. Stop leeching off your parents, move out, and buy things consistent with a lifestyle you can afford. Stop making your parents ashamed of you.
>>
>>7378397
If you have children/cannot financially support yourself then that should morally take priority

But we ARE on a Singaporean goat-trading board, so morals are up in the air I guess
>>
>>7378355
The handle on these is so fucking awful
>>
>>7378470
I pay rent and provide for myself and building a household inventory that will last me forever isnt what I consider useless shit, but to each his own
>>
>>7378507
to everyone else it is you sperg. please stop posting fur faggotry on this board we know its your pathetic ass doing it
>>
>>7378491

still holding knives in a fist grip, anon?
>>
>>7378522
if you read on /v/ that someone bought the new far cry and cod you wouldnt bat an eye, but someone buying an item to help his family out and you flip your shit
how about you go back to /b/ with your shitposting and stop whining about people more fortunate than you. im sorry if you just barely had gas money before the age of 22 but why you gotta be so bitter
>>
>>7378547
none of the things you projected about me are true. go back to playing video games faggots
>>
>>7378547
>bought the new far cry and cod you wouldnt bat an eye

That's an even worse use of money in this situation.
>>
File: noice.png (100 KB, 241x207) Image search: [Google]
noice.png
100 KB, 241x207
>mfw this thread
>>
>>7378355
how do you know which end is the handle?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.