[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cheesecake Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6
File: CCF_FreshStrawberryCheesecake[1].jpg (209 KB, 1920x1440) Image search: [Google]
CCF_FreshStrawberryCheesecake[1].jpg
209 KB, 1920x1440
What's your go to recipe for cheesecakes? Do you use a bain marie?
>>
I wanted to try the Food Wishes recipe, but I don't know if the Laura in the Kitchen one would be better.
>>
>>7378204
Arent baine maries those big perforated metal straining bowls?
>>
>>7378250
A bain marie is just a water bath. I think you're thinking of a colander.
>>
bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/marys_white_chocolate_55940

This, though I leave the ginger out and make a lime curd topping instead. The amount of chocolate makes it really stable and reliable.
>>
>>7378257
>bain marie
Kill yourself
>>
>Cheesecake
My favourite dessert.
I haven't had it in over 2 years, it's never easily available.
>>
>>7378591
just make it you dingleberry
>>
Recently made this using nly 4 eggs (keeping the 2 other yolks) and with a simple cherry topping. I thought it was great, but then again i havent had much of a variety of cheesecakes.
>>
>>7378204
my brother had this epic oreo cheese cake recipe it is fucking incredible
>>
Dads recipe, really simple:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

24 oz cream cheese (softened)

8 oz sour cream

3 eggs

1 1/2 cups sugar

1 tsp vanilla

Pinch salt

2 9 inch premade graham cracker crust pans or one spring form pan lined with whatever crust you'd like.
Leave eggs, sour cream, and cream cheese at room temp. Or if you don't have time, only the cream cheese needs to be softened in the microwave in a glass bowel covered with plastic wrap and heated until liquidy soft.

Cream sour cream and cream cheese together. Let them beat together for like 8-10 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla. Then add sugar and salt.

Pour into prepared spring form pan
Or the 2 premade crust pans.

My dad is a bit of a heathen, he just cooks the 2 cheesecakes directly in the oven, no Bain marie for an hour. For the springform pan version, I cook in a bain marie for 1 1/2 hours. Whatever one you use, cook for alloted time or until the cheesecake is only a little jiggly in the middle.

Cool completely. Now, if you want you can freeze the cheesecake, I usually donut overnight until frozen solid. This makes it much easier to remove from a spring form pan and easier to cut as well.
>>
Donut, meant do this.
>>
I know this is going to sound blasphemous
But does anyone know a recipe where it isn't so rich?
I love cheesecake, but I can feel myself going into diabetic coma while eating one.
>>
>>7379043
You can always use lower far ingredients. Like instead of full far cream cheese, use light. That goes for sour cream too.
>>
ricotta cheesecake > cream cheese cheesecake

>>7379043
just eat a smaller portion. it's a dessert with a base of cheese, it's going to be rich no matter what.
>>
File: 1300044776986[1].jpg (16 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1300044776986[1].jpg
16 KB, 250x250
>>7379050
>Like instead of full far cream cheese, use light.
>making your dessert taste worse so you can eat more of it
this also just means you'll probably be eating more sugar.
>>
>>7378204
>how can we ruin these perfect strawberries?
>PUT DISGUSTING SYRUP ALL OVER THEM
>>
>>7379061
Eh, I didn't say it would be good. Just an optio. But yeah, you don't have to necessarily add more sugar. But like the other person said, just eat a very small amount of the full fat version.
>>
File: 20160214_194044.jpg (3 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20160214_194044.jpg
3 MB, 4128x2322
I use this recipie, works out nicely. Too lazy to waterbath though, so mine always crack on top.

3x 8oz cream cheese
8oz sourcream
3 large eggs
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons flour
+ graham crust

Bake 450 for 20 minutes, reduce to 250 for 1 hour, then off for another hour.

Pic related, made last night for valentine's
>>
I would just like to take this moment to say fuck all of you who say you will bring a cheesecake to my parties and come with a no bake
it isn't a cheesecake if you didn't bake it, its a cream pie, it doesn't matter if they have a similar flavor, its a different confection

cheesecake is solid, gets topped with fruit or sauce, eaten with a cup of coffee
no bake is a thick liquid that melts at room temperature and gets eaten off a disposable plate with a plastic spoon at bbqs
>>
>>7378204
alton brown's as described in his book, yes
>>
what is the general consensus on no bake cheesecakes? any good recipes?
>>
File: japanese-cheesecake[1].jpg (55 KB, 630x437) Image search: [Google]
japanese-cheesecake[1].jpg
55 KB, 630x437
>>7378204
the best
>>
>>7380183
What is this like? I always wanted to try them but I wasn't sure if they were still creamy or not
>>
File: cheesecake-verrines.jpg (532 KB, 1275x2859) Image search: [Google]
cheesecake-verrines.jpg
532 KB, 1275x2859
>>7379043
If you want the taste and are willing to cheat on both form and texture this works great.
>>
>>7380227
Light cake
souffle
>>
>>7380236
Looks delish, but what is quark? Also, anything on plain cheesecake is horrendous to me.
>>
>>7379500

It's still not a cake, but no bake cheese"cake" with gelatin does just fine at room temperature or even on a hot day.
>>
>>7380270
Quark is a low fat fresh cheese.
It is similar to the French fromage black or the Mexican quest fresco.

Here http://www.liberte.ca/en/products/quark-cheese
>>
>>7379043
You could try souffleing a recipe so you're basically eating a smaller portion that's puffed up. Separate the eggs, make the mix like normal with just the yolks, whip the whites up and fold the mix in. You'd probably get the same volume with half the ingredients.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
>>7380236
>mfw Quark
>>
>>7379050
>lower far
i want farther ingredients
>>
>>7380160
They're delicious, but not fucking delicious, like baked cheesecake.
>>
>>7380433
ah okay, thanks friend
>>
>>7378587
BAIN?
>>
Ummm, so I use heavy cream instead of sour cream.
I like to whip my eggs into a mousse, and whip my cream, whip my cream cheese. Basically just whip everything. add my sugar to my cheese, along with whatever flavouring I am using.
Fold the ingredients together and put them in the pan and bake 'em.
I don't really have a recipe.
>>
>>7380160

Dunno if it's good relatively speaking, but I made this and I liked it.

http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/8158/lemon+and+lime+cheesecake

Holds firm when warm, used sheet gelatin though.
>>
>>7380160
potentially tasty, typically disappointing.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.