[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how come all donut shops are run by asians? is there some ancient
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 9
File: 5007162c87032.preview-620[1].jpg (68 KB, 620x460) Image search: [Google]
5007162c87032.preview-620[1].jpg
68 KB, 620x460
how come all donut shops are run by asians? is there some ancient chinese secret to making donuts?
>>
They out-compete all other donut shops because gutter oil is so cheap.
>>
>>7376021
Low overhead
Many fat people to sell cancerbeatusnuts for gorging upon
>>
>>7376021
Lots of fat, lots of sugar.
>>
The best shop in my town is run by Mexicans
>>
I've never seen a single Asian person in a doughnut shop.

They are all run by fat, middle-aged+ white women.
>>
>>7376891
Commiefornian here, mostly asians.
>>
I dunno about ownership but they're all staffed either by Dominicans or Bengalis around here
>>
>>7376021
Im white in the southeast and i manage a dunkin. is this a west coast thing?
>>
>>7376884
>>7376891
it's regional

i dunno about op but in eastern texas, there's a donut/kolache shop run by asians every few miles.
>>
>>7376021
Because Jews have cornered the bagel market.
>>
For the same reason every Subway is run by Indians
>>
>>7376021
That's because I live in Hong Kong.

But when I lived in New Jersey they were all either white ("upscale" donuts) or South Asian (DD and its ilk).

Where do you live?
>>
>>7376901
are there family-owned donut shops in the east or just national chains?
>>
how come all subways are run by indians
>>
>>7376994
I my town (in northeastern PA) there's a local chain run by an Indian man called Curry Donuts. I'm surprised it's survived so long because every time I go to one it's dingy and empty except for people too poor for Dunkin or who have been going there long enough to have it as their mailing address.
>>
>>7376998
For the same reason every donut shop is run by Asians.
>>
There's only one local donut shop that i know of in my city that is run by Chinese people
the rest, chain or local, are run by Indians
as for all subways and Quiznos.
>>
>>7376901
All the Dunkin donuts I know of in MD are run by Indian people.
>>
>>7376021
>ancient chinese secret

secret ingredient
>>
>>7376021
God there was this Thai last who runs a donut shop in Los Angeles. Fine 30-40 year old lady bought fresh donuts or bagels every morning. Ended up dating then marrying her daughter when we met in usc. Still makes the best donuts and I still want to tap that ass.
>>
>>7376891
When I was in san diego being a homeless it was all asians. Can confirm. I also saw a bus of chinese tourist so I guess its like indians and gas stations. It happened naturallyand then spread memetically
>>
>>7376895
odd its mostly arabs up north in oregon
>>
texas here. can confirm all asians. plus they are always christian asians with bible verses in chinese all over the place which I find really cute for some reason
>>
When the french colonialised vietnam they transferred a lot of their patisserie knowledge and traditions which were brought to NA by vietnamese immigrants post-vietnam war and cemented themselves due to americans being fucking pigs who gave them roaring business
>>
>>7377664
they colonized cambodians too?
>>
File: originalカレードーナッツ.jpg (851 KB, 2544x1634) Image search: [Google]
originalカレードーナッツ.jpg
851 KB, 2544x1634
curry donuts here! ^o^
>>
>>7377669
Indochina. Yes.
>>
>>7376021
Actually it's not just Asians but Cambodians.

https://stories.californiasunday.com/2014-11-02/ted-ngoy-california-doughnut-king/
>>
>>7377712
Cambodians are not Asian ?
>>
>>7377664
Fuck you, donuts aren't French They're A-OK Number 1 American.
>>
>>7377720
They're a specific subset of Asians.
>>
>>7376895
confirming, all 4 cali donut shops in my town are asian
>>
>>7376950
What do you do in Hong Kong?

Give me a job.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
Because dumbass Whites want more 'desirable' jobs, like being a fucking superhero. Only the Asians are willing to put their pride aside and open a competitive small food business. And then the whites whine about the Asians taking all of their jobs because they are not as hardworking and innovative as the Asians.
>>
>>7377822
I clean toilets and earn more than most donut businesses do.
>>
>>7377822
whites are usually the ones opening hipster shops charging 3.50 for a gluten-free, grass free, locally-sourced bran cupcake with matcha frosting
>>
File: o[1].jpg (43 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
o[1].jpg
43 KB, 600x400
>>7376021
The Chinese invented donuts. But decided to put them in porridge for whatever reason.

Making donuts is easy for them.
>>
>>7376021
Never seem am Asian making donuts. You west coasters sucks at making them anyhow.
>>
>>7377828
Doesn't matter. Anyone who has a job is a winner. The lowest of the low are people who complain about not having jobs available to their entitled asses.
>>
who is the largest lower middle class in your area?

they own all the small businesses

gee, I wonder how that came to be
>>
>>7377834
this.
theres like 2 types of local donut shops. the generic one that seems to serve the same shit, almost always run by asians.
then you got the hipster donut shops that always have those wacky, one of a kid donut creations. those are ran by whites.
>>
>>7377859
Keep your provincial preconceptions to yourself. It's not like that in all the states.
>>
>>7377803
I teach English in a kindergarten.

I actually like this job, but there are thousands of expat anglophones that are here for the easy money and party scene.

Getting a job is so dead easy that I don't know how there is an employment crisis in any English-speaking country. If you have a university degree and/or a TEFOL or equivalent you are guaranteed a job. The pay wont be that great depending on your qualifications but the cost of living in HK/China/Korea is so low that it more than makes up for it. I know people that don't have degrees that work for a year in a random school, save up that entire year and then take the next year off to travel. I know other people that take a vacation every holiday (Christmas, Chinese New Year, Easter, and Summer) and still have plenty to live on.

Get your CV in order and apply to every single NET job you see on a Hong Kong job search website and guaranteed one will take you and some might even cover your travel costs.

If you want more money and aren't afraid of living in the middle of nowhere try China. The pay is generally better there (though I don't know if that's still the case) but unless you're in Shanghai/Beijing it's going to be pretty boring.
>>
>>7376021
In my country, Chinese people are hard-working class whatever shop they run. They want to do the job that others see as 'unprofitable'.
>>
Houston here, there are tons of generic donut places and they're always run by Asians. We also have a big donut chain here called Shipleys but I'm pretty sure they're run by Mexicans.
>>
>>7376891
Arizona Reporting. the 4-5 donut shops ive been into 3 of them were asian.

Not even American asian either. Some barely speak english.
>>
I have never once seen an asian in a krispy kreme whether working or owning or buying
>>
>>7377822
>asians
>innovative

Lolk. And excuse me for not wanting to be a wage slave forever
>>
>>7376891
They're all asian here in socal.
>>
>>7377901
All three of the Shipley's in my town are run by Asians too.
>>
>>7377822
I wouldn't exactly call eating cats and dogs an innovation, chang.
>>
>>7376021
most are run by indians, imo
>>
>>7376895
>>7377764
here you go
https://stories.californiasunday.com/2014-11-02/ted-ngoy-california-doughnut-king/
>>
Michigan here. Most are run by whites. Only been in one owned by an Indian family.
>>
>>7377445
ayy im from plano texas, i agree all the donut shops around my area were ran by Chinese people. it was baller as fuck because they knew me and would put free creme filling in whatever donut i wanted for free.
>>
File: OhzVo.gif (483 KB, 141x140) Image search: [Google]
OhzVo.gif
483 KB, 141x140
>>7379172
My name is Cheng and your dog tasted fucking delicious, gweilo.
>>
I lived in a small townn in fucking central texas. Were talking like 400 people and some god damn cows. There was still a doughnut shop run by an asian person.
>>
>>7379354
Wow, that was a decent read. THanks
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
>>7376021

I want that donut money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DA86rsKOjo
>>
>>7376895
also commiefornian, can confirm.
>>
The doughnut shop in my town is run by a vietnamese family, and they sell the best fucking banh mi sandwiches i've ever had. The doughnuts are alright.
>>
>>7376021
The chop sticks operate both donut shops near my house.
>>
>>7376998
Good way to get a return on investment.
>>
>>7376028
made me lmao senpai
>>
>>7377838
This is one of the good answers.
>>
>>7376021
Every shop I've been to in the last year that wasn't a chain like Dunkin' Donuts was run by asians. There's one place that's pretty dope though. Better than all the others.
>>
>>7376021
the chinese invented donuts 400 years before europe invented donuts
>>
>>7377679
For fuck sake Japan.
You never managed to conquer southern Asia - why would you subject yourself to bullshit like this, when you don't even hold the clay to back it up?
>>
>>7376021
lol where are you from`?
i've never seen an Asian person run a donut shop where i'm from.
here they own almost all nudel shops which is pretty fair given they are Asien and make better nudels and rice then we do
>>
Midwest here
I've never even seen a Asian IN a donut shop, much less operating one

We have the "Hometown" shop with like 6 locations that's been White family owned since the 1920's. Sometimes there's a black working there, but generally chubby white women.

Tim Hortons and Dunkin Donuts also seem to mostly only have white women working there, occasional black woman, and those 2 chains only seem to stay in business because of morning rush-hours and that they have a Drive-Thru

If the "Hometown since 1920's" shop were to open a drive-thru I'd wager that their sales would quintuple overnight

Lastly there's a few "off the beaten path" sketchy donut places that open at 3:00AM and are closed by 10:00AM that seem to cater exclusively to Truckers. I was in one once and was like stepping into a Normal Rockwell painting of 1950's American Whiteness.
>>
>>7376021
South Florida here.... Never saw a Asian doughnut shop....

Only thing I can think are close would be the sugar dough things they have for dessert.
>>
File: indianslurpee.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
indianslurpee.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
Detroit area
Indians run/own most of the Dunkin donuts

I think it's part of being a Hindu or something
>>
>>7385199
Detroiter here too. I'd napalm Woodward in order to have a chick like that.
>>
Texfag here and every donut shop I've been to has chinks running it
>>
All the dunkin donuts around me are run by Indian families
>>
>>7376891
Midwesterner here and can confirm this.
We have no Asians or Mexicans here also.
>>
>>7376994
I lived in NH and there was a tiny local place run my some cute Japanese couple

Much better than DD
>>
>>7376028
ayyyyy lmao
>>
>>7376891
>>7376905

Can confirm, and it is regional.

Dallas is the same as east Texas, a donut shop on every corner and always run by asians.

I'm in St. Louis now, and it's mostly fat middle-aged white/black women.
>>
File: asian vs black 3 gens.jpg (89 KB, 530x970) Image search: [Google]
asian vs black 3 gens.jpg
89 KB, 530x970
>>7377898
>In my country
What cunt?

Also Chinese range, but they generally put everything they have into their children who (in good countries) can climb higher up social economic ladder.
>>
>>7385080
NUDELS
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.