[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, I'm having this argument with an american about american
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 19
File: New-York-Cheesecake_7983.jpg (80 KB, 287x200) Image search: [Google]
New-York-Cheesecake_7983.jpg
80 KB, 287x200
So, I'm having this argument with an american about american desserts.
Are there any real inventions the made?
For example, she named the New York Cheesecake,
but I would just consider this as a variation of the normal cheesecake
because, come on:
>I put cream cheese on it, its a totally different thing
>muh innovation
That's the same thing as saying American Pizza is an inherently american food,
just because it also gets filled with cheese.
I'm from Austria, so that really is not a big thing to me, yet it seems to be to her.
Can anyone tell if I'm just ignorant or why she behaves like that?
>>
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_American_desserts
>>
If you want to be reductive about it you can make the same argument to say there's no truly Austrian dessert, either.
>>
>>7375781

Just rape her so she would shut her whore mouth
>>
>>7375795
10/10 comment m8
nice contribution
>>
you are being a bitch, bro.

Also, whoopie pies.

Oh wait, those are just glorified macarons. Totally the same.
>>
Key lime pie, for one
>>
>>7375786
Lol'd at "Caramel" is that really american?

There are great ones though. Boston cream pie etc.
>>
Mud pie, Boston cream pie, pecan pie, sugar cream pie, key lime pie are a couple pies I can think of.
>>
>>7375786
Most of this list is 'things Americans eat for dessert' not what they have created.
>>
>>7375781
Well, considering we're only 200-odd years old everything was pretty much invented already by the time America came about.
>>
>>7375781
they're all variations but baked alaska comes to mind.
>>
>>7375838
The vast majority of them were created in the United States. Caramel is an exception.
>>
>>7375791
>no austrian dessert
>Vienna is the world sweet capital
sure m8, they didn't invent cake (linz) and palacinkas (bohemia) and Krapfen (Vienna) at all
>>
>>7375781
The chocolate chip cookie is an American invention. It is the best cookie humanity has come up with. We know who did it, but who cares where she came from anyway?

I don't know why your friend is all butt hurt about your condescension. I don't know why you're all butt hurt about her defensiveness. Have either of you invented the chocolate chip cookie? No? Maybe it all stems from that. Maybe both of you haven't given the world something great personally so you have to have silly arguments about silly things that don't matter. You know what would be a better thing to talk about? Creating a new dessert. Culinary jingoism is for fags. Arguing with your friends about stupid shit is for fags.
>>
>>7375781
Americans have n culture so the most minuscule thing to us is something of reverence to them.

That is why they muh heritage.
>>
>>7375781
the new york cheesecake is an american take on an existing dessert, and frankly it's superior in every way
>wanting dry garbage italian cheese cake
>>
File: 1447556850020.jpg (386 KB, 1600x1151) Image search: [Google]
1447556850020.jpg
386 KB, 1600x1151
>>7376313
Don't you have a "North African" cock to suck?
>>
>>7375781
>>I put cream cheese on it, its a totally different thing

Europeans have been making cakes with a graham cracker crust and cream cheese?
>>
>>7375781
if you read in German: "Döner Hawai" -> history of the globalisation of the food after Columbus discovered south America
>>
>>7376523
Oh nice, thank you
>>
>>7376508
That's such an American response. Get told and instead of trying to refute what you know is true, simply attack the one who posted it.

You're a pathetic lot.
>>
>>7376519
The first recipe for cheesecake is found in the Forme of Cury, an English cookbook from 1390.
>>
'strayan anti-american shitposting is the worst.

This terrible bait thread will be on page 8 by the time most people wake up, and is just going to be a reverse trolling circle jerk.
>>
>>7376523

Robert Irvine wrote a book in German about Hawaiian cuisine and Turkish fast food sold all over Western Europe, that's also about food globalisation resulting from Columbus' discovery of South America?

Are there also zombies involved?
>>
>>7376328

Käsekuchen is the superior cheesecake, friend.
>>
Why am I not surprised?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken_nugget
>>
>>7375781
Chess pie
Mississippi mud pie
Pecan pie
Key lime pie
Pies with american fruits like Marionberry pie or pumpkin pie
Shoofly pie
Angelfood cake
Funnel cake

Also basically anything by the pennsylvania dutch
>>
Pecan Pie
Ranch Dressing
Meat Loaf
Smores
Milkshakes
Fortune Cookies
German Chocolate Cake
Red Velvet Cake
Woopie Pies
Sundaes
Peanut Butter
>>
Is there anything more autistic and less productive than arguing about how 'authentic' a recipe is and it's 'heritage'?
>>
>>7378046
>Meatloaf
>American

Why lie when you have a list of genuine answers?
>>
>>7378063
At least a question about authenticity has a definitive answer. Yours doesn't.

Who's autistic now fgt?
>>
>>7378069

>literally every place in the world has a variation of ground meat mixed with other shit and baked
>y-you can't call your variation on a loaf of seasoned meat unique!
>>
>>7378038

>The largest recorded chicken nugget weighed 51.1 pounds

I'd love to get a crack a the king if all nuggets.
>>
>>7375781
There is no such thing as American cuisine. It's all been done before.
>>
>>7378077
You're right, you can't.

Something like Chicago pizza is different enough to real pizza for it to be called a unique American thing, but meatloaf? No way unless you do something majorly different which we would like to hear about.

So please, share.
>>
>>7375840
Exactly!
Well, except anything with potatoes... and tomatoes... and peppers... and you're dumb.
>>
>>7377970
Don't lump us all in with that cuck.
>>
>>7378127
But what meals are made using them tat are a new creation?

They were simply added to existing meals as opposed to creating original dishes.
>>
>>7378138
I'm not going to list them for you.
You could start with tomato based sauces.
>>
>>7378138

Saying that 'murrica doesn't have anything unique or original is the most tired form of shitposting at this point.

Nobody cares that your village makes variation #234423432 of head cheese and that you're proud of your heritage.

'murrica makes 34423432 + 1 variations of whatever your village makes, and does it better. Just get over it already and stop embarrassing yourself with your inferiority complex.
>>
>>7378146
Good lord the American inferiority complex is a wonder to behold.

Go and shitpost elsewhere.
>>
>>7378141
A sauce is not a meal. Maybe it is to Americans with their good old sketti and budder, but not in the civilised world.
>>
>>7378168

>i'll just parrot exactly the last bit of whatever he said
>that'll show 'em!

If you don't have anything to say don't bother posting, dum dum.
>>
>>7378146
America takes food, adds butter, salt, sugar or whichever additive they are craving that day, and still manages to make it worse. Stop trying to defend your sketti and butter and egg-in-the-middle pizza, you have a shitty bastard food culture
>>
>>7378146
>'murrica makes 34423432 + 1 variations of whatever your village makes, swaps the meat with pink slime, swaps the sugar with HFCS, swaps literally every ingredient with the cheapest most unappetizing industrial byproduct that the sickest minds our diseased hypercapitalist economy could invent, destroys anyone selling the real version, and then teaches us after generations of this sick pattern that our way is #1 and anyone who dares question the chemical-smelling slurry getting shoved down our throats hates America and is trying to make this country more like Europe who, by definition, cannot possibly be better than us in any way and in fact is worse, you don't even have to think about this fact please don't think, just buy more Monsanto and Mondelez crap!

Fixed that for ya Cleetus
>>
>>7378199
Actually, he was spewing out nonsensical buzzwords as part of what I described.

Americans having an inferiority complex is the only explanation for the way they shitpost and ruin every thread they enter. Hell, it's the only explanation for him starting a chain of shitposting in reply to my original comment.

You are a pathetic people and would serve us better by simply going away.

Now demonstrate your inferiority complex by replying with one of the three standard replies:
lol mudshits rape you
murica stongest in da wurld
murican website so suck muh dried out mutilated cock
>>
>>7378046
>So, I'm having this argument with an american about american desserts.

>Ranch Dressing
>Meat Loaf

ugh
>>
>>7377975
u did not answer my question. is it the same as what we have been making?
>>
>>7378209
Egg on pizza is legitimately good. It's also not an American invention.
>>
There's also one dessert I had in the US that I'm not sure is American or not, but it was delicious. It's chocolate beetroot cake. Basically a carrot cake only swapping the grated/shredded carrot for beetroot and adding cocoa powder to the batter.
It was fucking marvelous. Is it classically American or is it nouveau hipster garbage? I never considered using beetroot in a dessert before.
>>
anything with corn
>>
lol at all the buttblasted foreigners, I wish we really didnt have a culture then you worthless faggots would have nobody to imitate
>>
>ITT Europeans pretending to be American upsetting other Europeans
>>
>>7378301
I didn't know pizza was a dessert too
>>
>>7378035
What's in it? Looks good.
>>
>>7378038
Damn, I need that original.
Impossible to find, though..
>>
>>7377970
Technically you did the exact same thing, tho.
>>
File: 1455496802786.jpg (232 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1455496802786.jpg
232 KB, 1600x1200
>>7375781
Off the top of my head, brownies and fudge are American inventions. You also have some lesser-known things like Shoe-fly pie, honey buns, funnel cakes, etc.
New York Cheesecake is it's own thing so I'd consider that an American invention too.

Unless you're an American, it's pretty difficult to work your head around different state specialties; we're like 50 countries stapled together, all speaking English but different.

New York Cheesecake has as much in common with continental cheesecake as spaghetti does with Asian noodles; same shape, similar taste, totally different uses.

There's only so many ways you can get creative with a dough-snake. Until Japan invents 4-dimensional food, we'll have countries fighting over who invented the sweet baked batter snack or the dough filled with fruit dessert.
>>
>>7378285
Americas only purpose is actually to make websites where the civilised world can communicate without feeling inferior to each oher.
Why?
Because they can agree to speak one language and no "You're using muh site. Muh land, muh language, that makes me better than you" and come on:
everytime america spouts about muh culture and muh innovation, they can just laugh at it.

So thank you america. You are the only one who can unite the old world.
By being the butt of its jokes.
>>
File: photo_2016-02-15_22-03-19.jpg (75 KB, 580x464) Image search: [Google]
photo_2016-02-15_22-03-19.jpg
75 KB, 580x464
>>7378448
I feel like there is a relationship there.
When Europe mixes some shit together there mostly turns out something good.
When america mixes some shit together there turns out some shit like fried ice cream
>>
>>7379288
Or these Michelin-starred confections.
>>
As great as American food is (basically making better versions of immigrant food), the desserts are pretty bad. Shitty dry cakes covered in fondant to make them pretty and decorated with nearly pure sugar icing. They might look nice but the inside tastes like sand... Speaking of sugar, I find nearly all American desserts to be overly sweet, I mean there even is such a thing as "sugar pie", and I'm not just trying to sweet talk to anyone here.

The ring shaped donut was invented in the States, that's about as American as you can get and for the most part donuts can be pretty amazing. My favorite American dessert however is a milkshake.
>>
File: img_0741.jpg (87 KB, 650x638) Image search: [Google]
img_0741.jpg
87 KB, 650x638
oscar mayer bologna slices staked with mayo and mustard icing.

America FTW.
>>
The Cronut is the most recent one that comes to mind.
>>
choco tacos are american right?
>>
>>7375791
Nigger Austria is fucking reknown for a lot of its cuisine, namely baked shit and pastries. The Sachertorte is the first thing that comes to my mind.
>>
File: tumblr_nx06b3CpwA1udwanoo1_500.jpg (45 KB, 483x504) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nx06b3CpwA1udwanoo1_500.jpg
45 KB, 483x504
>>7379351
Fuck
>>
>>7375791
Kaiserschmarrn is famous as fuck you dickhead.
>>
Bananas Foster.

Are you even trying, rest of the world?
>>
File: 1436892448752.png (731 KB, 1451x795) Image search: [Google]
1436892448752.png
731 KB, 1451x795
>>7379351
Ah yes, the Hurgin.
>>
Pasta did not originate in Italy and tea (as in tea leaves, not "tea" made from different roots and shit) did not originate in the UK.

Your point?

Go back far enough and any culture derived some aspects from others.
>>
>>7378494
It's an old-school way of making red velvet cake without food coloring.
>>
>>7378277
Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my best to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
>>
>>7375791
i dont think anyone even knows pic related exists, austrian cuisine has a lot of original desserts. cheesecake is something that has existed for literally millenia. claiming it as an american invention is ridiculous, even the particular new york variation has probably been made before a long time ago in the exact same form.
>>
File: gcc.jpg (97 KB, 600x339) Image search: [Google]
gcc.jpg
97 KB, 600x339
>>
>>7379060
quark and eggs usually are the base of the filling. as a result of the rather low fat content it is quite refreshing, even more so with tangerines or cherries added like in this picture.
>>
>>7381298
>cream cheese invented in new york
>cream cheese cheesecake invented in 20000 bc austria by mozart himself
"ok"
>>
There are some desserts I KNOW were invented in America

>Brownies
Invented in the USA. Mostly out of necessity because US coco powder and coco beans grown in the US are naturally sweeter and didn't work as chocolate bars (see Hershey)

>Mississipi mud pie
As the name suggests, differents from European chocolate cake in the arrangement of the layers which are often done with no variation in chocolate type in Europe.

>New York Cheesecake
Different from any other Cheesecake before it. For one, it uses graham crackers as opposed to 'european biscuits' which are disgustingly buttery. Graham Crackers are a healthy snack. The lack of toppings and cream cheese also make this healthier than European options

>Ice Cream with shaped chocolate
Maybe we didn't invent ice cream itself but pretty much every great flavor (cookie dough, peanut butter, pecan and pineapple, caramel apple half melt choco-animal-biscuit dip) were all invented here. European ice cream is very boring as well and requires serving alongside something else. We eliminated the need for that
>>
>>7375781
Twinkies are American
>>
>>7375781
So youve never heard of nanimo bars?
>>
>>7378494

Super traditional. It's called red velvet cake. It's usually frosted with a cream cheese (a bastardized but delicious neufchatel) frosting. It's more commonly colored with food dye today though. It's also made with natural cocoa powder which is lighter and redder in colour than dutch process cocoa. It's a very popular cake in the USA and Canada.
>>
>>7381544
Nanaimo bars are canadian
>>
>>7381298
This desert is fucking buff. Plum jam stuffed dumpling with custard, definitely one of the best deserts I've ever had.
I seriously wish the UK had more germanic/ Scandinavian influence in its food than Chinese and indian does right now.
>>
File: IMG_4939.jpg (56 KB, 433x325) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4939.jpg
56 KB, 433x325
>>7381611
Don't worry, all deserts were invented in Austria by Mozart.
Here I am holding up one of my famous chocolates.
>>
>>7381626
those mozart balls are fucking delicious
>>
>>7381587
Canada belongs to America
>>
File: health at every size.png (181 KB, 483x620) Image search: [Google]
health at every size.png
181 KB, 483x620
>>7381378
>The lack of toppings and cream cheese also make this healthier than European options
>cheesecake
>healthy
have you ever eaten a goddamn cheesecake
>>
>>7381633
Oh god I had 3 medium to large slices yesterday....
I couldn't help myself.... Was I bad..?
>>
Ice cream predates America, but we invented ice cream cones, ice cream sundaes, and banana splits.

Cookies predate America, but we invented chocolate chip cookies (and chocolate chips) and peanut butter cookies.

Key lime pie is rather uniquely American.

Processed ready-to-eat breakfast cereals, like corn flakes and puffed rice, were also invented in America, and a popular dessert derived from those are what we call "rice krispie treats", after a popular cereal from Kellogg's called Rice Krispies.
>>
>>7381657
So basically you guys stole the core dessert and easily added in a bunch of random accessories?
>Hey Jim, let's throw a banana into this ice cream and we've made a brand new dessert
>Genius!
>>
>>7381378
like the other poster said, american cheesecake is definitely not healthier than european. the last sentence is kind of ambigous but i assume you mean that the cream cheese in new york cheesecake is healthier which is not the case. at least the widespread german cheesecake i am familiar with uses quark, which is more like cottage cheese and has quite the low fat content and more protein instead. the dough doesn't use buttery biscuits either, it's a rather dry shortcrust pastry with not a lot of butter and the toppings are just a sour fruit.
>>
>>7381643
Why are you asking me you fucking mongoloid
Just what the fuck are you
>>
>>7378035
>cheesecake is the superior cheesecake
What?
>>
>>7375781
Do Smores count?
>>
>>7379237
>we're like 50 countries stapled together
I refuse to believe Americans aren't joking when they claim this nonsense.
>>
>>7378127
>except anything with potatoes... and tomatoes... and peppers...

1492 you nigger

300 years gives you quite some time to make stuff with those
>>
>>7383281
Except they aren't, almost every state could be a country, some would be shitty countries and some would be very modern 1st world countries New York could totally be it's own country, Arkansas could be a total shithole of a country though. Look at the EU, there are countries like Germany who are leaders in industry and then there is Greece or Romania...
>>
>>7381814
Senpai pls
>>
Baked Alaska. The most meme dessert on earth until the chocolate lava cake was invented.
>>
>>7383543
I once got really high in Alaska and ate a baked Alaska. I nearly killed myself that day....
>>
>>7378179
>>7378209
Pasta and butter is authentic Italian. Source my mother-in-law is Italian.
>>
>>7384477
>he thinks sketti and budder is the same thing as pasta with butter!!!
No.
Sketti and budder is spaghetti overboiled to the point where it acquires the ability to disintegrate if you look at it funny then drained and mixed with either ketchup and tub margarine or fast food ketchup packets and fast food butter tubs.
It really varies trailer park to trailer park.

Source: I spent some time in the USican south and saw how those people live. During my stay, I had both some of the best food I've ever had and some of the absolute fucking worst food I've ever had.

>>7381561
>>7380725
Oh, cool. I've got some beetroots laying about. I think I'll roast, cool and grate/shred them for use in a cake recipe, then. How much do you think should be added to a chocolate poundcake recipe? My recipe is 250g each sugar and soft butter creamed together with a further 250g of whole eggs as well as a bit of vanilla essence and a pinch of salt mixed in. Finally, a mixture of 160g self-raising flour and 90g of cocoa powder is added in by hand. I'm thinking to cut down on all ingredients except salt, cocoa and essence, by about a fifth and replacing it with beetroot. Good idea? Bad idea?
>>
>>7375781
Everything in existence is derivative moron. Nothing is "Austrian" or "American". It's all just rehashed shit from earlier cultures shut the fuck up and eat your cheesecake.
>>
>>7384642
I've never done it with beets, personally. I've only made red velvet cake once, and when I did it I leavened it with baking soda (bicarbonate). The recipe I used, with I don't have on hand anymore, used buttermilk as the acid to activate the baking soda. The chemical reaction between the acid and base reddens the anthocyanin pigments found in unprocessed cocoa powder. This wouldn't work with Dutch process cocoa, as dutched cocoa is colour stable.
>>
>>7375959
>>7379899
>>7380587
>>7381298

His point is that the vast majority of European cuisine probably has roots with the Greeks and Romans.

If they invented cake, clearly nothing done in Austria is original, amirite? New styles don't seem to count.
>>
>>7383281
Why?

Unless you failed geography, you should be aware that the US is a pretty large place.

Throw in two centuries of very diverse immigration, and the fact that certain cultures congregated at or mixed in different places, and you see a lot of different crap.

Take Amish and Cajun cuisine as examples. They're worlds apart. I'd argue that certain areas are as or more diverse than parts of Europe.
>>
>>7384824
this

ancient greeks, romans, mudslimes, and gooks did it all first.
>>
>>7387579
White Americans trying to have "heritage" are a cancer worse than the thing that killed Steve Jobs
>>
>>7387586
go back to tumblr or jump off a balcony nigger
>>
>>7387587
You first
If you're scared, I volunteer to push you
>>
>>7383281
Eurocuck who's never been anywhere but NYC, if that, and relies on media representation to inform his opinions on Americans detected.

You realize that the US is larger and has more people than your entire continent, right?
>>
french fried potatoes and potato chips are america
>>
File: 1455324585417.jpg (41 KB, 346x404) Image search: [Google]
1455324585417.jpg
41 KB, 346x404
>>7387586
>white americans
wew
Which ethnic groups living in America do have culture, then?
>>
>>7387598
but muh cultrul approbation

we wuz kings n shiet

niggers literally just fry shit and call it soul food. less heritage in cuisine than any other american demographic.
>>
>>7387626
Exactly, the only races in my meth town are "white" and "african" and that is literally the extent of my murrifat understanding of "culture"
>>
>>7387636
answer question
>>7387624
>>
>>7387640
Yours, obviously. Your once-yearly binge drinking and acting like a retard on "m'heritage day" really demonstrates your deep cultural roots.
>>
File: haute couture.jpg (41 KB, 573x313) Image search: [Google]
haute couture.jpg
41 KB, 573x313
>>7387649
what the fuck is m'heritage day
do you mean pic related perhaps?
>>
>>7387659
This picture makes me happy because of how much it upsets you
>>
>>7387636
North America is the last bastion of many of the subtleties of European colonial culture, immigrant culture and classical liberal values.
WW2 glassed most of Europe's historic sites and destroyed a supposed hundreds of thousands of artifacts. The EU's active attempt at homogenizing culture between it's countries and importation of literally millions of illiterate North Africans and Muslims masquerading as Syrians has beaten it back to a stump.
>>
>>7375781
Aside from the stuff people have already mentioned, the thing about America was always that it's a melting pot. This is less important than it used to be because of globalization and easy/cheap freight to and from anywhere in the world.

Technically, all food is "American". I assume you hate Americans otherwise you wouldn't start this bitchy thread, so I've also got some bad news for you: Our cultural exports have in the past, and still, dominate the international market so thoroughly that we're literally turning the entire world into America.

What do you think is going to happen over the next hundred years or so provided we don't all run out of water or oil? You know what else? You're all too busy whining about stupid inconsequential shit you hear about Americans that you'll never be able to stop it.
>>
>>7387675
>hey everyone look at me I don't have a passport!
>>
>>7375781
i actually don't know american deserts that well but cheesecake is most certainly not from usa.
>>
>>7387675
> WW2 glassed most of Europe's historic sites and destroyed a supposed hundreds of thousands of artifacts
Those *exact same* historic sites and artifacts were probably also *your* historic sites with regards to ancestry?

There isn't even anything really old in the USA, and I don't think many would consider Indian culture a strong influence for the cultural identity of the USA.
>>
>>7387706
I'm arguing that we have a separate identity. "Muh heritagers" are exactly the sort of people that lie about other things to make their life exciting.
The American identity goes back to when Gerorge Buhs became the first president insid 4th white house
>>
>mfw eurolard married to a merrkin
>mfw I showed her this thread
>her actual words: who are these people and why are they so insecure?
So my wife wants to know why you're so insecure about "american exceptionalism". She said you'd know what that meant.
>>
>>7387778
Because I love to shitpost and Europeans do too
Banter unites us across the Atlantic

I guess you're wife's just pleb
>>
>>7387778
Your wife, like all Americans in this thread, sound mad that her country has no culture other than guns and childhood obesity
>>
>>7387801
Sorry I'd love to reply but an american is literally about to drink my cum right now

Enjoy your banter, I guess
>>
>>7387778
`You should ask her boyfriend, I'm sure he would know the answer.
>>
>>7387778
First of all, you're lying.

Secondly, I would ask you why it is that Europeans (the Brittish are the worst) who've seen a few movies think they know more about us than we do about them and are always, ALWAYS the ones who start this shit that degenerates into flinging shit at each other.

It's like some kind of euro pastime (mostly Brittish) to shit on us in order to make themselves seems superior. It's less insecurity than it is defensive.

Why are you so insecure that you always have to start this horseshit?
>>
File: 1454435075487.jpg (136 KB, 652x774) Image search: [Google]
1454435075487.jpg
136 KB, 652x774
>>7387811
Post pics you greasy liar
>>
>its another bash america thread
>>
>>7387757
> I'm arguing that we have a separate identity.
Couldn't really see much of a difference in current culture or cultural identity when I was in the USA? Everything was immediately rather familiar. I could have been sitting in England or Germany instead, wouldn't have been culturally really different.

> The American identity goes back to when Gerorge Buhs became the first president insid 4th white house. Okay, I'm confused now.
>>
>>7387677
This.

The whole thread and half of its posts are just bait.
>>
daily reminder that america is one of the most diverse food cultures in the world and is the only country in the world that inhabits every climate zone, having the widest variety of local ingridents available to it from hawaii to alaska to california to maine to florida.

daily reminder that our "shitty" fast food restaurants are prevalent in every european country and you can go there and get KFC, mcdonalds, burger king etc but i cant think of one single european restaurant here.

daily reminder that america is one of the best growing regions in the world for a multitude of things.. we make the best wheat flour, the best rice, best corn, a bunch of the best and the most vegetables, nuts, garlic, grapes etc

daily reminder that america is home to numerous top restaurants in the world, that we started a whole new food truck trend, our food manufacturing is also top notch, and our food culture is only growing and improving as opposed to stagnating

daily reminder that america is a big strong black woman who dont need no man
>>
>>7387757
To be fair, recently immigrated families, or those only relatively so, generally take a lot of pride in where they're from.

If you're grandparents came here on a boat from Poland, you probably have more than a few Polish traditions, especially in terms of food.

>The American identity goes back to when Gerorge Buhs became the first president insid 4th white house
wat
>>
>>7387863
>the only country in the world that inhabits every climate zone
China too
>>
>>7387677
>>7387861
Some cultural exports were, but the food is really all the same US/European culture thing.

Nestle, Unilever, Kraft, Pepsi, Inbev - what the fuck is the fundamental difference, we're going to our supermarkets and don't think "wow, I'm sure eating this exotic swiss/netherlands-brit/us/us/belgian-brazilean food today!"

As you might see from the list of these names, it's hardly all an exclusive result of the USA exporting it taste in food over the world, either, never mind that same taste came from and remained locked with Europe's taste in food (whatever was good in the old world made it to the new one, and vice versa).
>>
The all American desserts are crap like icecream sandwiches and strawberry milk. Yes it tastes good but would you pick it over Italian rum cake or Swiss chocolate?
>>
File: 1387727948775.jpg (12 KB, 153x200) Image search: [Google]
1387727948775.jpg
12 KB, 153x200
>>7383281

How fucking stupid are you, bro?
>>
>>7387863
>daily reminder that our "shitty" fast food restaurants are prevalent in every european country and you can go there and get KFC, mcdonalds, burger king etc but i cant think of one single european restaurant here.

There are like 2 taco bells in England
>>
Shoo fly cake
>>
>>7387863
>best corn

and corn sucks
>>
>>7387932
It's shoo fly PIE you asshole I WILL fight you over this yes THIS IS A WRITTEN THREAT
>>
>>7387959
Is the reading terminal stuff legit? Because it was fucking awesome warm. I can't imagine brown sugar pie being any better than that.
>>
File: gobby-gob-8x6.jpg (114 KB, 599x800) Image search: [Google]
gobby-gob-8x6.jpg
114 KB, 599x800
>>7387965
Haven't been to Reading in years; if I'm in PA I usually stick to the Dutch westways since I've got family in the hills.

Terminal market is totally legit, though.

Baffles me how the people behind such tasty morsels as scrapple and apple dumplings also make the horrifying honey dog turds in pic related. Seriously, fuck gobs.
>>
>>7387677
Says the one that gets fucked from China, but whatever
>>
>>7387617
> and has more people than your entire continent, right?

no... wrong

Europe has around twice so much people then the USA...
>>
>>7387919

>thinks the all American dessert isn't delicious apple pie
Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.