[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Soup, co/ck/s. Want to do a whole chicken with BBQ style spices
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: CrockPotWholeChicken2.jpg (103 KB, 640x423) Image search: [Google]
CrockPotWholeChicken2.jpg
103 KB, 640x423
Soup, co/ck/s.

Want to do a whole chicken with BBQ style spices in a crockpot to make pulled chicken.

My grocery has the traditional whole chicken in a bag, frozen. They also have a "whole chicken" unfrozen on a meat tray in seran(sp) wrap, like it doesn't have any form. The meat is all piled up, like they just discected the parts first.

Does this matter if I was putting it in a crockpot with spices for 4-6 hours?

Also, recipes encouraged.
>>
>>7367045
>Does this matter if I was putting it in a crockpot with spices for 4-6 hours?
Not really, I would just get the cheaper one in this case if you plan to cook it right away.
>>
>>7367045
Doesn't really matter since you're slow cooking it and you're going to pull it apart anyway.

I would say just regardless of what chicken you get, season it liberally on the outside, under the skin and inside the cavity with whatever seasoning you want to use, put some cut up onions and crushed cloves of garlic in the bottom of the crock pot, chicken on top and a bit of chicken stock or water. Not too much liquid to start though, a lot will cook out of the chicken after a few hours.
>>
>>7367045
if you're doing pulled chicken I would probably just use a bunch of leg quarters. dat breast meat gonna be dry after 6hrs
>>
>>7367045

Every time I've tried cooking chicken in a Crock Pot it turns out as dry as as Egyptian mummy fart.
>>
>>7367101
>>7367061

Thanks guys. I'll just get a bunch of dark meat.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.