[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Chicken Thighs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: fag enabler.jpg (20 KB, 297x288) Image search: [Google]
fag enabler.jpg
20 KB, 297x288
I have 8 bone in skin on chicken thighs and I'm looking for something new to do with them. I'm having my father over for a "thank-you" supper (he does a lot for me) and want to make a nice home cooked meal.

What are your go-to chicken thigh recipes, /ck/?
>>
Chicken cacciatore would be good, I usually use breast but i am sure it would be fine with thighs.
>>
You're welcome.
https://youtu.be/h6OSMbfhIao
>>
Chef John has a chicken lettuce wrap video on his foodwishes youtube channel

it looks really yummy and I want to try it one day
>>
>>7351147
I hate the the way this guy ends his sentences in an upward inflection. It makes everything sound like a question?
>>
>>7351147
and why does he use water to deglaze his pan
>>
>>7351168
Because he can you dumb fag. He says you can use either. I swear to god you better get that stupid out of your mouth.
>>
>>7351147
Thanks. You've tried it?
>>
Most any Asian chicken recipe is great with thighs. Curry is good too. As are any soups.
>>
>>7351163
This. All of his recipes look really good, but his videos are unwatchable to me.
>>
I'm surprised a /fit/ shitposter hasn't come into this thread yet and told OP to throw the skin in the garbage.
>>
>>7351290
Skin bad for ya?
>>
>>7351292

Skin is the best part. /fit/ posters just have zero taste.
>>
Take the skin off, thighs already release enough fat just with those little bits left after yanking off the big skin. Plus they're better oike that. I love crisping the thighs and having the insides be soft and delicious. I cut them in little pieces tho senpai.
>>
stew it in a teriyaki sauce. put over rice. celery and carrots might help texture/appearance
>>
File: chickenyassa.jpg (879 KB, 1275x4375) Image search: [Google]
chickenyassa.jpg
879 KB, 1275x4375
For bone-in and skin-on my go-to recipe is yassa. Super easy, cheap, an tasty.
>>
>>7351312
The way they talk it sounds like they get fat really easily, too. That must suck.
>>
>>7351133
Stir fry
>>
chick thigh tips:

1. the skin is rad and you should not discard the skin. crisp it up and brown it somehow, either by having it under dry heat in the oven or by searing it in a pan as part of your cooking process.

2. chicken thighs have a lot more connective tissue than chicken breasts so they are well-suited to longer cooking times and to methods like braising or roasting. 2-3 hours is sufficient. if you cook them too long they WILL get kind of raggy so watch out. if you want to cook them in only half an hour, use a pressure cooker.

3. save the bones for making stock.

my recommendation would be to put the chicken thighs in a pressure cooker with black beans and vegetables to make a stew.
>>
>>7351133
Just posted this in another thread Zuccini Stuffed Chicken.
Shred zuccini and an onion in the food processor. Cook in a pot and add bread crumbs, an egg (make sure to mix while adding the egg so it doesn't cook it into pieces), s&p and garlic powder. I've added other veggies too like mushrooms. Stuff the filling under the chicken skin. Paprika the chicken and drizzle honey. Bake uncovered and to really brown the skin, broil just at the end.
>>
Coq au Vin. Failing that some other fricasee
>>
>>7351133
Chicken Adobo.
>>
lemongrass soup
>>
>>7351346
>3-4 onions
Gross
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.