[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Documentaries about cooking or restaurants
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
Does /ck/ have recommendations for good documentaries about cooking or restaurants? I've seen everything Gordan Ramsay has been in and of course Jiro: Dreams of Sushi. When I search for similar documentaries, I end with a bunch of shitty vegan propaganda movies.
>>
File: 3674551374541.jpg (119 KB, 768x576) Image search: [Google]
3674551374541.jpg
119 KB, 768x576
>>7348631
>>
Not a documentary, but Marco Cooks For and its predesscor show were really great. They removed them from YouTube and is basically impossible to find. It follows a young Marco Pierre White back at his days at Harvey's.
>>
>>7348699

>They removed them from YouTube

that shit broke my fucking heart
>>
>>7348631
Thought this one was interesting, a different take.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0f-j1ctaQqw
>>
Spinning Plates, I Like Killing Flies. Mind of a Chef. There's a new series about chefs on Netflix but I don't remember what it's called.
>>
>>7348895
Chef's Table is the Netflix series

http://www.bonappetit.com/people/chefs/article/chefs-table-netflix-documentary
>>
>>7348941
I found this series to be really boring desu.
>>
>>7348895
Also in search of perfection
>>
>>7348631
how is this manlet taller than everyone else in the shot?
>>
>>7348631
For Grace just came out on iTunes etc. it's pretty good a little bit too much focus on his personal life but eh
>>
>>7348701
I've got them all. Downloaded them from youtube.
>>
>>7348774
>I never come home before midnight
>He's only here at weekends

I'm so glad I didn't get into the industry. Both my parents told it was a horrible (mom a cook and dad restaurant manager) and I almost didn't listen. I love cooking but I don't think I could do it as a job.
>>
>>7348975
What didn't you like about it?
>>
>>7348631
>I've seen everything Gordan Ramsay has been in

Including Ramsay Behind Bars?
>>
>>7351038
yes
>>
>>7348699
Removed or unlisted?
Just about everything by martin yan was unlisted.
>>
>>7349448
Any chance of reuploading them, man? All of his series at Harvey's were good.
>>
The Mind of a Chef
No Reservations
Good Eats
>>
File: image.jpg (113 KB, 665x374) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113 KB, 665x374
Anyting by David Geld.
He focuses on the aethetics of cooking rather than the process. You won't learn how to cook by watching his stuff but you'll learn about the beauty of cooking.
>>
>>7353267
This was fantastic

I really enjoyed the Argentina episode because I thought the country was shit, it's actually fucking beautiful
>>
>>7353362
That was my favorite episode aswell. that guy was pretty based.
Norwegian (or was it finnish?) and italian episodes on places 2 and 3...

I hope they make a second season.
>>
>>7348688
Anon you are RAW
>>
A Cook Abroad is really good, and I also like Alex Polizzi's Secret Italy but it isn't strictly about food. The Restaurant Man is also good - it's like a much more polite version of Kitchen Nightmares where the restaurateurs are trying to set a restaurant up.
>>
>>7348631
Mind of a chef is pretty good
There a documentary on Ferran Adria on netflix but I can't find it anymore. I think it was named El Bulli like his restaurant
The stuff this guy was putting on plates was 10-15 years ahead of any other chef. Really impressive work
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (224 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
224 KB, 1920x1080
>>7353362
> I thought the country was shit, it's actually fucking beautiful
The country is shit though. This might be a good time for the American to learn that great buildings, great food, nice people, and beautiful scenery doesn't translate into a properly functioning country.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.