[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what are we in for /ck/? https://www.tacobell.com/preorder
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9
File: WHAT'S IN THE BOX.jpg (341 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
WHAT'S IN THE BOX.jpg
341 KB, 1000x750
So what are we in for /ck/?
https://www.tacobell.com/preorder
>>
File: ASDYRFe.png (285 KB, 491x491) Image search: [Google]
ASDYRFe.png
285 KB, 491x491
>>7346974
Another shill thread.
>>
Just open it and get it over with shillfag
>>
>>7346997
Not my box. They haven't even started selling it.
>>
>pre-ordering fast food
what is this world coming to?
>>
>>7347005
Oh my bad senpai.
>>
File: sauce.jpg (107 KB, 450x253) Image search: [Google]
sauce.jpg
107 KB, 450x253
>>7347008
>not pre-ordering fast food

But then how will you get the exclusive pre-order sauces?
>>
Another variation of their five ingredients
>>
>>7346974
Genius marketing move, I hope they gave whoever came up with it a raise.
>>
Taco Bell shill thread?

Great, what's in the box?
>>
>>7346974
Quesalupa. I was hoping for pic related? But it's probably the quesalupa
>>
It's a churrito. Ice cream filled churro with cream drizzle.
>>
>>7346974
>WHAT'S IN THE BOX

Is that box...the internet?
>>
>>7347649
Yes. The whole internet.
>>
I preordered today, I'm pretty excited

I only ordered one though, I hope I don't love it and regret that decision
>>
>>7347269
If this is real then we live in a truly godless world
>>
>taco bell

whatever it is it's going to be absolute shit
>>
>>7347587
Sounds dope
>>
I'm surprised we don't have at least one tacobell worker blowing the whistle
they must know what the item is if they are going to start making them tomorrow
>>
>>7348098
Taco Bell is a well disciplined well trained organization.

Don't expect any weak links in that chian.
>>
>>7348136

Are you serious right now?
>>
>>7348136
Taco Bell always finds out
>>
>>7348136
People are posting the supposed leaked images all over Taco Bell's post on Facebook.
>>
File: quesalupa.png (8 KB, 644x272) Image search: [Google]
quesalupa.png
8 KB, 644x272
So after all they they ruin the surprise in the order confirmation. Fucking Taco Bell.
>>
>>7350311
Everyone assumed it would be that, since not that long ago Taco Bell had been testing it in a small area of the country. It was never confirmed though.
>>
Guys, I can't add it to my cart...what do?
>>
where the fuck is my order confirmation email!
>>
>>7350264
they seem to have fixed it because its reflected as a mystery item in mine
>tfw need to wait another 30 minutes to get
>>
>>7347775

the KFC double down was 6 years ago. God has moved onto better things than our universe by now.
>>
>>7347269
Oh wow oh wow!

Fuck, they'll be sold out by now. I should have preordered.
>>
File: IMG_8187.jpg (53 KB, 500x339) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8187.jpg
53 KB, 500x339
Official description: The Quesalupa has melted pepper jack cheese stuffed inside a flaky, crispy shell. It’s layered with premium seasoned beef, crisp lettuce, real cheddar cheese, reduced-fat sour cream and diced ripe tomatoes.

Standard price: $2.99
>>
File: IMG_8190.jpg (65 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8190.jpg
65 KB, 500x375
>>
File: IMG_8193.jpg (30 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8193.jpg
30 KB, 500x375
>>
File: IMG_8194.jpg (31 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8194.jpg
31 KB, 500x375
Shell is not crisp or flaky, more a flat chew. Cheese barely could be described as being "pepper" jack.
Same ingredients as a Supreme Taco, but twice the price.
>>
>>7351182
>>7351187
>>7351192
It's the beef, lettuce, tomato, and cheese they use in their tacos (and other products) inside of a new shell. Color me surprised.

Have they lost the ability to innovate beyond creating new shells? The Doritos shells were underwhelming and long overdue, and now this is just an iteration of it, in a sense. That is to say, it's just a taco in a new shell.

How about you bring back the fucking chili cheese burrito you niggers? They also need more low calorie options.
>>
>>7351211
>bring back the fucking chili cheese burrito

agreed
>>
It was ok. $3 is too much. I would prefer it without the tomatos and sour cream for $1.50-$2.
>>
>>7351182
theres nothing premium about tacobell taco beef

or as my friend calls it "cat food"
>>
>>7351211
Their Fresca menu (was that what it was called? I haven't eaten at one in 4 years) used to be good as fuck. There was something called the Santa Fe Chicken Taco or something I recall being amazing, and lo-cal to boot (for fast food anyway)
>>
>>7351781
Nothing premium? Are you shitting me? Look at all these premium ingredients...

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/taco-bell-reveals-mystery-beef-ingredients/story?id=23514878

1. MALTODEXTRIN

"It sounds weird, but it's actually a form of mildly sweet sugar we use to balance the flavor. You may have had it the last time you had a natural soda," Taco Bell says.

2. TORULA YEAST

"This is a form of yeast that gives our seasoned beef a more savory taste," the company says.

In Photos: Food Company Mascots Through the Years

3. MODIFIED CORN STARCH

"Actually, it's derived from corn, which is a food staple in Mexican culture as well as many others. We use a small amount as a thickener and to maintain moisture in our seasoned beef. It's common in many foods like yogurt," Taco Bell states.

4. SOY LECITHIN

"When you prepare as much seasoned beef as we do, you don't want it to separate. That's what soy lecithin does. It helps (with moisture) to bind substances that would otherwise separate -- like oil and water. It's a common ingredient in many grocery staples, like chocolate bars and salad dressings," says Taco Bell.

Read More: How Much to Tip at Restaurants, Hotels and Other Awkward Situations

5. SODIUM PHOSPHATES

Taco Bell says it uses this "to help make sure our seasoned beef is the right texture."

"They're also commonly found in deli items, cheeses, coffee drinks and desserts," the company says.

6. LACTIC ACID

Taco Bell says, "This safe acid occurs in almost all living things, and we use a very small amount to manage the acidity to get the right flavor."

7. CARAMEL COLOR AND COCOA POWDER

Taco Bell says the caramel color "is caramelized sugar, which is a commonly used food coloring (also found in cereals and pancake syrup). Cocoa Powder doesn't add any flavor to our recipe, but it helps our seasoned beef maintain a rich color."

8. TREHALOSE

Taco Bell: "It's a naturally occurring sugar that we use to improve the taste of our seasoned beef."
>>
>>7347269
It's the quesalupa.
>>7347587
You've been lied to.
>>7348098
>>7348136
The quesalupa was on Conan last year when they visited the Taco Bell test lab.
It's existence has been well known for a long time.
>>
Will it fill the hole in my heart, because my parents didn't love me?
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.