[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help me /ck/ you are my only hope. Actually I am looking for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: Why use wood when there is ivory.jpg (591 KB, 4000x1457) Image search: [Google]
Why use wood when there is ivory.jpg
591 KB, 4000x1457
Help me /ck/ you are my only hope.

Actually I am looking for input on what I should make first in my new smoker.

Yesterday I purchased one of those Pit Barrel Smokers and it should be arriving later this week and I was wondering what would be easiest to smoke first.

My local Costco has the cheapest prices on meat around the area and has pork shoulder, prime brisket, baby back ribs, and St. Louis style ribs.

Which of the choices would be good for a first time user of a smoker to make?
>>
>>7335796
Also from what I read the Pit Barrel Cooker was a decent and cheap smoker to get started on, is this true or has the internet merely led me astray yet again?
>>
>>7335808
Well how should I do it then? Any special rub or sauce to mop it with?
>>
>>7335819
A pretty typical recipe would be:

Make a dry rub from equal parts brown sugar, coarse salt, and paprika. Rub this all over the meat.

Put the pork shoulder in the smoker with the fat side up and smoke for about 6 hours at about 250F. At that point take the meat out of the smoker, wrap it in foil, then put it back for another hour or two until it's fall-apart tender.

Pull the pork, then sauce it.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.