[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best/easiest chili recipes? >inb4 someone posts that reddit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
File: 1452181746651.png (47 KB, 1710x840) Image search: [Google]
1452181746651.png
47 KB, 1710x840
Best/easiest chili recipes?
>inb4 someone posts that reddit cringe infographic
stovetop or crockpot?
beans or no beans?
sour cream?
>>
>>7331906
> implying that image is from reddit
> implying reddit makes OC
> implying people on /ck/ didn't worship that retard's shit for far too long
>>
>>7331906
Best and easiest is crushed tomatoes, chopped up chilli peppers, and whatever meat you like. Simmer it uncovered for a while until a lot of the water has evaporated from the tomato sauce
>>
File: spices-cut.jpg (284 KB, 476x996) Image search: [Google]
spices-cut.jpg
284 KB, 476x996
>>7331906

WE DO IT

L I V E
I
V
E
>>
>>7332060
>throws away pre-packaged spice mix so he can mix together his own pre-packaged spices
kek
>>
>>7332023
most of the shit posted here originated on Reddit.
>>
>>7332060
>>7332068
I don't get why you're hating on him. Yeah, he mixed the spices up himself because obviously he likes his combination more than theirs. What's wrong with that?
>>
>>7332096
>him
Why are you talking about yourself in the third person?
>>
File: 2F8.gif (415 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
2F8.gif
415 KB, 500x375
>>7332060
REEEEEEEEEE
>>
op here, godfuckingdammit guys
>>
>>7332096
the preground shit in the packet hasn't been exposed to air like his little shakers of literaly the exact same preground shit has. So he's using less flavorful preground shit and being a smug ass about it. No one likes smug asses other than Trump.
>>
File: XlbsdPy.png (52 KB, 994x1044) Image search: [Google]
XlbsdPy.png
52 KB, 994x1044
donttreadonme.png thread?
>>
>>7332060
The fact that he's throwing out McCormick spices as inferior, just to use more McCormick spices, is what really gets to me.
>>
does anybody have a don't tread on me parody pic where a frog goes "reee normies get out"
>>
File: 1443475155290.jpg (19 KB, 638x417) Image search: [Google]
1443475155290.jpg
19 KB, 638x417
>>7332982
>>
>>7332096

The problem is not the combination--he's welcome to make whatever blend he likes. The problem is that he's still using shit-tier spices. He's using the cheapest supermarket crap.

He ought not to be using powdered spices at all. Use whole fresh and dried chilies instead of "chili powder". Use fresh garlic and onion instead of garlic and onion powder. If you use black pepper grind it fresh.
>>
>>7333011
thanks
>>
File: fook.png (152 KB, 300x319) Image search: [Google]
fook.png
152 KB, 300x319
>>7331906

Nice try trying to bait us by asking about beans, everyone knows that a legitimate chilli should always contain a medium - large amount of beans (20-40%)
>>
>>7333026
I've been wondering about that. Where do I get stuff like cumin fresh? Do I have to order it online?
>>
>>7333206

You can buy whole cumin seed at most supermarkets, then grind it yourself. (there's countless ways to do that: mortar and pestle, food mill, blender, those cheap electric coffee grinders)
>>
>>7333148
i used 2 cans of beans
>>
>>7332060
I hate this generation
>>
>Get canned chili
>put in microwave

Easier than ur mom at a bar
>>
Ok, I got a recipe for yall. It's got a decent amount of brotein from all meat/yoghurt sources. It's flavorful, and it's Mediterranean/indian influenced. I made this yesterday, pretty good. sorry for no pic, but it looks and tastes like a chilli/curry crossover
all cans are 12oz/400g

Chickpeas, beans and tomato simmer pot

1 can crushed tomato
1 can three bean mix (kidney, pinto, lima) - drained
1 can chickpeas (lightly salted) - drained

1-2 tsp whole cumin seeds
1tsp minced garlic
0.5tsp minced ginger
1tsp fennel seed (whole)
10 large fresh thai basil leaves
1 - 2 fresh jalapeƱos (red)
*for extra hot 1-2 fresh thai chilli peppers
3tsp of hot paprika

2tsp olive oil
1tsp honey (leatherwood works well)

In a non-stick wok or pot add olive oil and bring to a high heat. As oil gets hot, add whole cumin seeds, fennel seeds, minced garlic, minced ginger, and half of the paprika to the oil. Allow to become aromatic and fragrant, then stir. Add the crushed tomato, then drain the beans, and add them. Stir. Chop the basil leaves into thirds width-wise, and stir in. Slice the jalapeƱo and/or thai chilli and stir in. Add the drained chickpeas, and remaining paprika. Drizzle in the honey, and stir well.

Simmer for 5 to 8 minutes uncovered, or with a cover which allows the steam to escape. Serve with cool greek yoghurt.
>>
You've hit up your butcher and had him grind you up some tasty sweet meats (I use turkey but beef is the typical. Once I tried lamb, super yum but expensive)
Throw in some bbq sauce of choice for some sweetness, cut up some red onions (I prefer larger chunks so they have a more specific crunch but smaller pieces kind of spread out the flavor more), smash some cloves of garlic, pepper, cayenne, cut up some chili's, nice big chunks of tomatoes (Canned is as good as cut up, although I like the tactile feel of cutting up fat tomatoes), and sometimes if I am looking for a bit more stuff I smash some red potatoes and throw it in.

Mix it into the bowl, throw it into the slow cooker, set it for a few hours (6 for me) and mmmmm mmmm it's tasty! and simple.
>>
>>7332060
Yeah, this... is retarded. This is the kind of shit someone does when they think they're cool. All braggy about shit. I know a guy who just non-stop talks about his cooking like he's some kind of double-pro master chef. Frustrating cause it's just basic and.. well, it's not BAD but it's just basic. Not in that wholesome-simplicity way just in that underwhelming way. Like if you're slummin' it at Dennys cause 2am breakfast is glorious and you're reading the menu and it's like... yeah, sure Dennys, right.
>>
>>7334475
>bbq sauce
yuck, so much added, unnessicary sugar. it's the only thing you can taste, along with the sourness of the vinegar.

>cayenne
overpowering spice. jalapeno has a warmer heat that has a wider flavor profile. even moreso is the thai chilli, if you like a bold heat, with a nice accompanying flavor you'll love thai chilli

>red potatoes
now you're just making stew. you should go for chickpeas or more beans
such a primitive, and common recipe. try the next level of sophistication
>>
>>7332060
>dried basil leaves

lmao nigger why are you even trying?
>>
>>7334484
>thai chilli
specifically fresh birds eye chilli
>>
>>7334484
A) I totally forgot the beans. What an oversight. Also, chickpeas? I haven't thought of that, I should try that.

B) BBQ sauce comes in many flavors and concoctions. You're foolish to think it can't be good.

C) Cayenne in a small amount adds flavor without being overpowering. I prefer it to jalapeno and, considering I am adding actual chili's, I don't think adding jalapeno powder will really be a good addition.

D) Literally for if I am looking for added stuff if this is gonna be my only meal for the day, which sometimes it is. It is not a required part of it.
>>
>>7334509
>powder
dude, i don't add any powder, except for paprika in my recipe >>7334438
>>
>>7332101
Kek
>>
>>7334512
It's really for convenience. I don't use it often and I don't make chili often so it's basically just sitting around. I keep it in a cool spot and hope it doesn't lose all its flavor.
>>
>>7333011
moar
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.