[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey /ck/ i'm taking the plunge and going vegetarian can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: sophia-loren-20127130100138.jpg (36 KB, 600x515) Image search: [Google]
sophia-loren-20127130100138.jpg
36 KB, 600x515
hey /ck/
i'm taking the plunge and going vegetarian
can anyone recommend any like starter's kits - i.e basic pantry staples for vegetarians or good cookbooks? single recipes are good too
>>
Interested in this as well, need to cut back on meat and incorporate more vegetarian meals into my diet.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (172 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
172 KB, 1920x1080
if you're into mexican food, check out the "authentically mexican/deliciously vegetarian" series on youtube
most recipes are p easy and tasty af - bold flavours without any meat
girl who hosts it is super cute too, wouldn't mind her handling my meat if you catch my drift
>>
extra absorbent tampons
>>
>>7327384
prepare to shit raw sewage water for a week (no interruptions)

also this>>7327551
>>
>>7327384
cashews, walnuts, oats, whole grain wheat, avocados, pomegranate, cranberries, ect

vegetarians eat mostly vegetables anon
stick w/ comfort foods you are familiar with burritos, sandwiches, soups, ect

10 year vegetarian reporting
>>
>>7327544
shes so cute, hnggggggg
>>
>>7327384
>authentic
fucking fedora autist pls go
>>
>>7327611
>>7327551
huh?

when I had a vegetarian phase I never had unusual poop
>>
>>7327748
Dainty, well dressed, soft spoken and wearing heels. No thanks. Not in my kitchen.
>>
I'm always stocked on rice, beans, oats, pasta and flour. I go to the store and buy produce for whatever recipes I want to make that week.
>>
>>7327777
i had it when i stooped eating meat (i eat alot of it)

long story short i had to go from solids to liquids for 3 weeks, which meant legume soup for 3 weeks. now, i love me some soup. but i shat what can only be described as hot fury from the fiery depths of satan's asshole himself for a week.

seriously, never been able to eat soup since (and i used to love it).
>>
>>7327544
i'd do her

>>7327384
not as hard as i'd do her though
>>
>>7327384
yo beans rice, oats, keep that spice cabinet stocked up with curry powders, chili powders, and other shit like this. pasta and just buy veggies as you go because some spoil really quickly. Also if you're gonna have cheese just keep that shit around for burritos and casseroles and shit.

Idk though about you though because i eat only plant based.
>>
keep it greek anon

get some legit extra virgin olive oil (like trader joe's kalamata stuff) (and yes there's a ton of fake olive oil)

learn to make some basic dips and spreads for quick meals:

greek salad / davos (tomatoes, feta, red onion, olive oil, oregeno + switch it up with green peppers (or paprika wherever you're from), cucumber, lemon, red wine vinegar)

tepanade (i blend sun dried tomatoes, kalamata olives, garlic, olive oil)

Melitzanosalata (baked eggplant + garlic + olive oil + red wine vingar, then mash it)

honorable mention: hummus

eat em with bread/pita

other things? fucking pasta dude and make sure you get pasta that has added nutrients some pastas dont and there isn't a flavor difference

pesto + arugula (rocket) + cherry tomatoes
pasata + fresh garlic + basil

frozen fruit + almond milk (more nutrients + greek yogurt (protein rich)

you'll be shit posting into your 100s with this diet
>>
>>7327384
Are U a gril
>>
>>7327384
There are tons of channels on youtube that post nothing but vegan recipes. But if you're planning on being vegetarian, here is a delicious pasta salad recipe that my bf and I love.

http://www.cvbean.com/kidneybeanConsumers/recipes/Salad/65-Dark-Red-Kidney-Bean-Mediterranean-Orzo-Salad
>>
>>7327384
Whatever you do, do not fall into the junk food hole. It's really easy to substitute meat for things like cheese...and then pizza and shit like that. I gained 20 pounds from eating the same amount of food as before but it was all carbs and fats. Just train yourself from the beginning not to rely on the easy foods.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.