[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vegetarian and Vegan General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (80 KB, 720x634) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80 KB, 720x634
Recipes, Shopping Lists, etc.
>>
>>7327149
this is my typical "shopping list" meaning that most of what I eat can be made out of the following:
-steel cut oats
-peanut butter
-bananas
-eggs
-greek yogurt
-red lentils
-gouda or havarti cheese (cook in eggs)
-bell peppers
-zucchini
-onion
-peanut oil (for frying eggs and "sauteeing" veggies)

I think thats about it. I bought dried black beans and chick peas once and I still have those bags almost full in my cupboards, I prefer lentils is all. I generally eat the same things day in day out. I'm not adverse to eating meat if there's some in a free meal at work. Wouldn't refuse it either, I just don't buy any at the grocery store
>>
File: chipotle-burritos-ck-x.jpg (28 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
chipotle-burritos-ck-x.jpg
28 KB, 300x300
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup water
1 (15-ounce) can organic black beans, drained
1 (15-ounce) can organic kidney beans, drained
3 tablespoons refrigerated fresh salsa
6 (10-inch) reduced-fat flour tortillas (such as Mission)
1 cup (4 ounces) preshredded reduced-fat 4-cheese Mexican blend cheese
1 1/2 cups chopped plum tomato (about 3)
1 1/2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
6 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
6 tablespoons light sour cream
1. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic to pan; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Stir in chile powder and salt; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Stir in 1/3 cup water and beans; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in salsa. Partially mash bean mixture with a fork.

2. Warm tortillas according to package directions. Spoon about 1/3 cup bean mixture into center of each tortilla. Top each serving with about 2 1/2 tablespoons cheese, 1/4 cup tomato, 1/4 cup lettuce, 1 tablespoon onions, and 1 tablespoon sour cream; roll up.

Made these last night. So fucking good when you add a bit of hot sauce.
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 329x571) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 329x571
>>7327149
Vegan Chile

>5 Linda McCartney sausages
>1 onion chopped
>2 cloves of Garlic chopped
>2 cans of plum tomatoes
>2 cans of beans (choose based on preference) chickpeas/kidney beans
>1/2 Aubergine chopped into bite sized chunks
>1/4 Broccoli chopped
>Handful of spinach and kale
>Cumin and Chile powder or Chile purée
>Half a tube of tomatoe purée
>1 veg stock
>Olive oil

Steps
>Put a large pot on the stove and start browning the onions and garlic with the olive oil
>Now throw in the chopped veg (excluding the aubergine) and sausages until they are nearly cooked
>Add the powders or Chile purée
>Add the tomatoes and chop them a bit with your wooden spoon before including the tomatoe purée
>Now using a handheld blender blend all this stuff together
>Add the veg stock
>Add the beans and aubergine pieces (don't blend)
>Leave on a low heat for an hour whilst periodically checking and tasting it (it can be less time depending on how soon you want the meal)
>If the Chili is too dry add boiling water, if it is too watery boil the moister out

Remember to season accordingly and to stir throughout. This should be enough for 3-4 servings so don't pig out on it.
It's also good to serve with rice and Yeast flakes.
>>
drain and rinse boiled chickpeas (or use ones you boiled yourself.)
fry em up in a hot pan without oil at first (till the moisture on the surface evaporates) then with oil till brown
spice up with a red za'atar (toasted sesame seeds, dried thyme, sumac, salt, smoked/non-smoked paprika, cayenne pepper)
serve with coriander + garlic + yogurt - type sauce or as a side to something
>>
>>7327149
I adjusted this red kidney bean orzo salad to make it vegan. It's really, really good. I just replace the feta cheese with sauteed tofu (with spices to taste) to make it vegan and more flavorful with extra protein. I also up the vinegar since I like red wine vinegar a lot. The best thing I've made in a while. I often find that I'm not eating as much as I need to, so if I cap my day off with a bowl of these delicious carbs, I'm all set.

http://www.cvbean.com/kidneybeanConsumers/recipes/Salad/65-Dark-Red-Kidney-Bean-Mediterranean-Orzo-Salad
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.