[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any foods you want to like but can't bring yourself
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4
File: century egg.jpg (50 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
century egg.jpg
50 KB, 500x282
Are there any foods you want to like but can't bring yourself to? I just tried pic related and I was really excited about it, but in the end I couldn't keep it down.
>>
>>7322870
What? I tried them in Japan with a Chinese friend was extremely disappointed because they tasted like slightly pickled regular boiled eggs
>>
Mayonaise... I can eat it in a sandwich as long as I'm not making the sandwich. The texture and smell from the jar...
>>
>>7323238
reminds you of the jar you keep under your bed?
>>
>>7322870
You can line any food you want to.
>>
>>7323238
i really don't like most white creamy sauce/spread type things. mayo, sour cream, cream cheese, cottage cheese, alfredo sauce... i'll eat those things to be polite if they are already on whatever is being served, but they pretty much ruin food for me.
>>
>>7322870
Did you eat them by themselves or something?
>>
>>7323288
Yeah. It was on an impulse though. I can't imagine putting it in my mouth again but maybe I'll get to using it in a recipe eventually.
Also I used duck eggs, which are apparently not good for beginners.
>>
>>7323295
Yeah, they need to be put into something, like congee.
Same thing with the salted preserved duck eggs.
>>
File: Aubergine-Image.jpg (45 KB, 800x660) Image search: [Google]
Aubergine-Image.jpg
45 KB, 800x660
>>7322870

Aubergine. I try to like it in ratatouille and moussaka, but it's just to soft and watery; even when fried it has no flavour for me.

The only time I've actually enjoyed it is when I stuffed it with chorizo, spinach, ricotta and tomato.
>>
>>7323279
>i really don't like most white creamy sauce/spread type things
Check out this closet faggot.
>>
>>7324247
>Aubergine
>UK

as-salām `alaykum
>>
any meme food that is pulled, twice-fried or thrice-baked etc.
>>
>>7324247
fry those fuckers with some courgettes and then season with a tickle of salt and some fresh cracked black pepper and im telling you its the best veg youre gonna eat
>>
>>7324494
وَعَلَيْكُم السَّلَام
>>
>>7322870

Any fish that hasn't been breaded, deep fried, and smothered in sauce.

I just hate the taste of fish, I try it at least a few times a year to try to get myself used to it but it still makes me nauseous.
>>
Blue Cheese. I like blue cheese in certain sauces and dips and I can handle some varieties of it but in general I feel nauseous whenever I eat it.
>>
>>7324247
I don't know what an aubergine is but I think you posted the wrong pic; those are eggplants.
>>
File: 1388969097924.jpg (27 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1388969097924.jpg
27 KB, 625x626
>>7324976
>>
>>7322870
salted peanuts
I crave them but whenever I eat them I reflexively gag
>>
kidney is too weird texture and taste wise for me to enjoy it... and i've tried multiple times. i'm not opposed to most offal, liver or even heart are pretty good, i just can't make myself swallow kidney. not even a little in steak pies.

and sea urchin sashimi i was really excited for, but the texture threw me a curve ball i couldn't get over. it wasn't quite like eating tongue or other raw fish, it was just... bad. natto bad.
>>
Plain boiled potatoes.

The smell, taste and texture all make me gag.

I love some good roasties though.
>>
I was treated to a 12 course meal at one of the best Chinese restaurants in LA, I was so excited going in and was determined to eat everything since I knew I probably wouldn't be near it again.

>Shark Fin Soup. da fuck? texture of undercooked noodles in dish water broth. $75 for about 6 oz bowl.

>Abalone. Feels like I'm eating a mouse pad

>Sea Cucumber - uhhh no.

And then the table laughed at me when I asked for rice since I should have known that rice is actually not a major part of a Chinese banquet meal.
>>
Stinky tofu.
Smells like a homeless guy, burns my mouth.
>>
>>7325032
Who's the cunt who laughs at you?

Even I occasionally want some rice with my meal
>>
Oysters. I have to put them on a cracker with tons of horseradish and cocktail sauce just to pretend to like it.

And they dont even taste that bad... its just awful
>>
>>7324247
2 yellow squash, 2 zuccini and 2 eggplants slices quarter thick, eggplants should be perled.

Add a cup of feta, quarter cup olive oil, veggies and a 32oz can of tomato. Mix it all up. Bake at 400°f for one hour. Serve over rice.
>>
Truffles. They're a caviar tier meme food, but I just cannot get along with them in any way, shape, form or variety.
>>
>>7325024
Liver is terrible. It just dissolves in your mouth like sand
>>
Wäää wääää I don't like food wäää
/thread
>>
>>7324889
Get those desert scribblings out of here.
>>
>Blue cheese
>Washed rind cheese
>Bell peppers
>Zucchini
>Eggplant
>Pita bread
>English muffins
>Cilantro
>>
>>7325024

I've only tried kidney pie once at a highly-rated Brit restaurant and it still had a faint urea scent.

never again.
>>
>>7325032
Look at this guy, he eats shark fin soup and has a clear conscience afterwards.
>>
File: shiros-uni-nigiri.jpg (291 KB, 1280x959) Image search: [Google]
shiros-uni-nigiri.jpg
291 KB, 1280x959
First time wasn't a fan and second time was no different.
>>
>>7324247

I've seen people coat them in flour and egg before frying, so I'll give it a try.

>>7324976

Good one.

>>7325262

Thanks, I'll give this a try.
>>
>>7326645
you sure the smell was from the pie and not just the restaurant?
>>
In this world of nearly unbounded menus of foods and dishes, from which you can sample (in the course of your life) a new item every day for a lifetime, why would you spend your days doting on the one thing that offends your senses to the point of regurgitation?

Also OP I would recommend avoiding balut if century eggs are not to your liking.
>>
>>7324503
>using meme for everything
>>
Probably instant miso.

I'll drink it if I have it but I don't think I will buy it again.
It's ok, just very lacklustre once the water is added.

But the paste not diluted has a very good taste.
It's just when it's diluted with water that I think it's pretty meh
>>
>>7328940
OP here, I just tried a century egg again but without the yolk and I enjoyed it. I hate regular egg yolks so it makes sense that I wouldn't like a preserved yolk. Isn't balut kind of meaty?
>>
>>7324889
lel
>>
>>7322870
i eat them with porridge, otherwise they're pretty tasteless to me
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.