[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best guacamole recipe? No memes please.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: guacamole.jpg (843 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
guacamole.jpg
843 KB, 1920x1080
What's the best guacamole recipe? No memes please.
>>
>>7320159
Throw it in the trash and eat a burger. 10/10 guac recipe
>>
>>7320168
I got some avocados at Costco, but it's really too many for me to do anything with except put them on a few sandwiches and use them for guac.
>>
>>7320171
Throw them in the trash and eat a pizza
>>
>>7320159
2 decent sized avocados
heaping tbsp minced red onion
heaping tbsp minced roma tomato
1tsp chopped cilantro
1 lime
two healthy pinches each of granulated garlic and white pepper
1 serrano pepper, minced

Skin avos, put in bowl. Add the rest of the not-lime shit, mash up with hands. Roll lime on board to get juice flowing, cut, squeeze both halves into the mix, finish combining with hands.

Wa la.
>>
>>7320159

Look up literally any recipe and use those ingredients, tasting as you go.

There is no perfect guacamole recipe because half of the ingredients often vary widely in how strong their flavors are.

>>7320174

>not dipping your crust in guacamole

I bet you ask for no anchovies as well.
>>
>>7320159
Throw it in the trash and eat McDonald's.
>>
>>7320180

>no salt
>>
Add peas
>>
File: 1453774745597.gif (245 KB, 500x665) Image search: [Google]
1453774745597.gif
245 KB, 500x665
>>7320180
Thanks anon.

>>7320168
>>7320174
>>7320185
>>7320190
I said no memes, fellows. >>reddit is over there.
>>
>>7320186
oops, you're absolutely right. I derped hard on that, though I don't typically add much. just a small pinch at most of kosher salt.
>>
>>7320196
no problem, but don't forget to salt to taste, as was pointed out that I forgot to mention. I'm bad at writing recipes down because i make them so much i don't actually think about it so i forget to copy down obvious shit all the time.
>>
>>7320196
>anime

>>>/trash/ is over there.
>>
>>7320196
Guacamole itself is a meme. This thread was doomed from the start you pissfuck
>>
Avocado
Onion, white or yellow whichever I have around
Garlic
Tomatoes Roma is best but you can use whatever just not any of grape tomatoes
Lemon or lime juice, lime is traditional but I'm American and I usually have lemons on hand
Salt and pepper

Mash avocado with a fork keep it kinda lumpy
Dice up onion, garlic and tomatoes add to bowl
add juice from one lemon or lime
salt and pepper
mix it
taste
salt and pepper to taste

You can add some chopped chili peppers if you want. This is how I make it. I think what's most important is getting the acid and salt level right. Also picking out avocados with the right ripeness. I don't really measure ingredients but It's usally around 3 avocados, 1 small onion, 3 or so tomatoes depending on size and 2 cloves of garlic. The rest is done to taste.
>>
>>7320321
>1 whole roma per avocado
>that much onion
You're not making guacamole, you're making pico de gallo with avocado in it.
>>
>>7320339
Basically. I like it chunky. A genuine Mexican taught me how to make it. Different regions do it different. Just like salsa.
>>
What do people do to guacamole that makes it less salty than the avocados that make it up?
>>
>>7320347
Hey not hating man, just saying. And yeah, it's like tamales; every region has its way to make shit, and theirs is ALWAYS the best. The Mexicans I work with love my guac so I guess I do it pretty well.

>>7320354
>salty avocados
I dunno what could cause this besides your bitch tears, nigga.
>>
>>7320354
They don't let it sit a few hours before serving. They don't taste it before serving it. They fucking suck at cooking.
>>
>>7320159
ask jeb bush. he's smashing an avocado
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.