[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
moved in with a friend that has never cooked meat before. what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: FB_IMG_1432953559632.jpg (60 KB, 580x725) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1432953559632.jpg
60 KB, 580x725
moved in with a friend that has never cooked meat before.
what meat should I teach him to cook?

pic unrelated
>>
>>7311147

your dick meat
>>
Slow cooker pulled pork.
>>
Did he grow up in a vegetarian household? How does a grown-ass man not know how to cook meat?
>>
>>7311147
Pork Chops are pretty easy. Or burgers.
>>
Anchovies.
>>
steak
>>
>>7311262
steak tartare
>>
>>7311147
I'd start him with sautéed chicken with a simple pan sauce. Basic principles involved: intro to butchering, meat preparation/sanitation, seasoning, how to approach light vs. dark poultry, pan frying (cooking oils, pan temp), doneness, and deglazing/sauce making.

I mean if you actually want to teach him to cook. If you want him to be a one-trick pony, do burgers or some kind of crock pot dish. I wouldn't waste money on steak. They're expensive, so you're probably going to hover and he won't learn as quickly.
>>
>>7311147

Vegan here, so I'd say "seitan"

Or since you're not probably going to listen to that (even though seitan is delicious, amazingly customizable, and delightful when you explain it to a "gluten free" person), I'll say: chicken thighs

They're cheap, which good for someone who is poor enough to need a room-mate, and pretty forgiving in terms of the danger of over-cooking. You can also make it pretty predictably by baking it in lots of marinate in a covered dish and then setting in the broiler for a minute
>>
burgers
give him a quick success with an easy meal
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.