[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>restaurant has burgers on the menu >offers chips instead
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
>restaurant has burgers on the menu
>offers chips instead of fries

I don't get this. I've been to several places where this is the case. Does offering chips instead of fries elevate them to being more trendy? I understand if you're getting a sandwich, but if I'm buying a burger, I want my fucking fries.

>"Replace chips for french fries for an additional $2"
I saw this at a fucking sports bar
>>
>>7304489

A little bag of chips is practically free to restaurants. Fries require maintaining the oil, a proper hood for ventilation and in some place require the person to be over 18 to operate.

I worked at a restaurant and you had to pay extra for fries, but a bag of chips would come with the burger.
>>
>>7304489
The only time it was justified in my eyes was when the restaurant made their own chips in-house. They were a lot thicker than regular bag chips. But otherwise, yeah. Give me fries instead of weak ass chips.
>>
>>7304521
OP here. Yeah I worked at a fast food place when I was in HS and handling the oil/maintaining the fryer was a pain in the ass.

What I'm talking about are "sit down" restaurants, where the kettle chips are served next to the burgers and not already in a bag. I hope the bag of chips wasn't opened prior to being served?

Then again, chips=1 potato(?) whereas fries require 2?
>>
Chips are an absolutely amazing accompaniment to a burger IF they're freshly made. They blow fries out of the water. Chips from a bag are an unbelievably poor cop out.
>>
>>7304489
>I keep pictures of black men on my hard drive.
>>
>>7304526
I went to a place recently that had homemade chips (still hot when served) but what confused me was the little side of ketchup that came with it. Do people really dip their chips in ketchup?

Yeah its odd that ketchup with fries is fine in my book, but chips are a no-go.
>>
>>7304489
BBC Thread
/Slide
>>
>>7304588
>>7304614
>>7304620

Please go back to /pol/, nasty racists like you aren't welcome here.
>>
>>7304600
i mostly agree with this, but i've had some that were way thicker cut and ketchup actually worked with them.
>>
>>7304641
sigh, just leave before things get dangerous for you
>>
>>7304489
>offers chips instead of fries

inb4 insecure Limeys
>>
>>7304648
The ranch chips at BWW were tasty as fuck, but I won't be getting them again. They gave me nasty gas
>>
File: comfy.jpg (108 KB, 601x601) Image search: [Google]
comfy.jpg
108 KB, 601x601
>>7304667
>not exclusively eating food that gives you gas so you can dutch oven yourself later
>>
File: zazzle.jpg (4 KB, 131x131) Image search: [Google]
zazzle.jpg
4 KB, 131x131
>>7304680
>not being a donut
>>
>go to ghetto restaurant in london
>they offer fish and crisps
>>
>>7304489
House fried potato and sweet potato chips are delicious. I love them the next day when I inevitably don't finish them all and I'm too hungover to do anything.
>>
There is this new bar where I live that serves chips with burgers instead of fries. It pisses a lot of people off because their burgers are waaay overpriced as it is. Fries are +$3 and side salad is +$5 substituted.
>>
>>730550
>$3 for fries
>$5 for salad
Fuck this bullshit. Seriously, fuck this. I'm not going to get the salad to begin with, but goddamn. I'd rather pay $3 for the soup replacement
>>
>>7304489
Chips are fucking disgusting anyways.
Little dry heartburns just waiting to fuck up your mouth now and esophagus later.
>BUT IT'S HOME MADE KETTLECORN
no, it's burnt salty grease delivery machines.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.