[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alcohol general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 224
Thread images: 18
File: img00614-20110117-0130[1].jpg (90 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
img00614-20110117-0130[1].jpg
90 KB, 1024x768
>tfw such an aspie lightweight that I put 2 shots of vodka into a glass and poured the rest with sprite and already feel it and ill probably have to crush waters so i dont get hungover

jesus christ kill me
>>
Drinking Alberta Premium and listening to James Bond theme songs.
>>
huh I usually have to pound 4 shots.
>>
i drank a bottle of wine
>>
>>7298863
>vodka and sprite

Hey I was drinking that combination earlier. I'm using Mtn Dew now and had the thought that they should make doritos flavored vodka.

It'd be horrible.
>>
Is scotch supposed to bite really hard? My first bottle (glenfiddich 12) isn't what I was hoping it would be (it tastes like they added pair flavoring rather than there being hints of pair in it). Anyone have any recommendations for a next bottle? Should I just give up? To me, rye is easier to drink. What's bourbon like?
>>
>I get drunk quickly and more cheaply
Why is that bad?
>>
Why doesn't everyone binge drink and die of cancer like OP?
>>
If you want a girly mixed drink that will Fuck you up, mix Mike's Hard Lemonade with Parrot Bay (I like mango). Honey whiskey and cola is really good too. I just buy a two liter, pour about a third of the coke out, then empty the booze in. I can take swigs from it all night and it's great.
>>
Anyone ever used these type of things to mix with so you don't have to drink so much liquid?

I was thinking of getting some cheap booze and just taking double shots with a squirt of one of these things.
>>
File: squirt.jpg (7 KB, 225x300) Image search: [Google]
squirt.jpg
7 KB, 225x300
>>7299421
>>7299421
forgot pic
>>
>>7298863
>2 shot of vodka and already feeling it
How? Isn't that just equal to drinking 8 shots of wine?
>>
>>7298863
Im high on 2C-B right now OP. You should try some of this shit.
>>
I wish I could get drunk that easily and save money OP. You shouldn't feel bad for it.
>>
>>7299378
idk, never tasted a pair before.
>>
>>7299378
For harsher scotches you've got to learn how to work through or around the bite. Usually involves tasting critically and figuring out the best temperature to serve it at, maybe let the glass air out a minute or two or add a couple drops of water.

Lowland scotch goes down easy though. Can personally recommend Auchentoshan, it's almost like brandy.
>>
>>7299541
SCOTCH
C
O
T
C
HOMO
>>
Does anyone here know of a good armagnac?
>>
>>7299547
I've heard of Cerbois, Castarede, Sempe, Delord, Duffau, and Cles de Ducs. Not sure if they're all actually good though.
>>
>>7299607
How about Janneau?
>>
File: russ.jpg (89 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
russ.jpg
89 KB, 1500x1500
xth for best vodka. Unless you can get Green Mark, which is basically Standard (same company) but I swear tastes better.

Yes,
>taste
>vodka
I know
>>
>>7299422

heh, back in college when I was underage and the best I could readily get was 42 proof, I would just dump mio/kool aid into the 42 proof mixture and drink that.

The levels of depravity in college were amazing at times.
>>
I have never understood the concept of drinking to the point of you losing control of your senses.
>>
>>7299646
my gf bought this for us when I was 17 (she's a year older than I), and I have continued drinking it ever since

it's legitimately delicious, no burn, just alcohol

once we bought it and got drunk in the city I live in's botanical gardens, drinking from the bottle. good times
>>
Grandpa died at 8 AM. It's 7 AM next day now. Was at the hospital all night, then got home about 10 PM, took a nap and been drinking since. Boss said I don't have to work the weekend. Rockin some Kokanee, I asked my sister to pick me up some rum but she didn't. It's hard to get drunk off of domestic beer
>>
>>7299655
Uh, BORING ALERT
>>
>>7299655
because not feeling anything is better than feeling something. do you question why opiates are so popular?
>>
Anyone had stomach discomfort after drinking wine? I can down a glass pretty quickly and feel normal, until I lie down for sleep several hours later. Then I will get nauseous after half an hour, and have to sit up to sleep. Never had this problem with other drinks.
>>
>>7299675
Maybe have some TUMS?
>>
>>7299675
wine is highly acidic. stomach disturbance is not uncommon.
>>
>>7299685
I should mention I am asian. But I don't flush or feel bad directly after drinking. The stomach thing got me worried about acetalaldehyd accumulation.
>>
File: buffalo5.jpg (25 KB, 504x332) Image search: [Google]
buffalo5.jpg
25 KB, 504x332
>>7299657
>Kokanee
Hey I've been the breweries before. Shit beer though
>>
>>7299691
nah, its unrelated.

i get "asian flush" sometimes, on like day 3 of a bender. when my liver isnt able to combat that chemical anymore. lack of sugar.

Anyway, if you want to avoid asian flush take some antihistamine (benadryl is one option) and have some sugar, not too long before drinking. your liver uses the sugar to break down that byproduct that causes asian flush.
>>
>>7299657
Sorry to hear that bro. I lost my grandmother a couple years ago and it was one of the hardest points in my life.
>>
>tfw have to drink just to get out of bed now
>tfw got blood work done at er and doc said I need to stop
>tfw its impossible to imagine life without alcohol and are too afraid to stop
Kill me
>>
>>7300336
>>tfw have to drink just to get out of bed now
could you describe how this works? You have a bottle on your nightstand and when you wake up you take a sip?
>>
>>7300341
Pretty much. I have bottles, empty, unopened, partially drank, that just hang out on the floor of my bed side. Every ~two weeks I throw out the empty ones once staring at those things starts to depress me too much.
>>
>>7300347
And what happens to you if you dont drink for a day?
>>
havent any alcohol in 48 hours
#strength #makingit #based
>>
>Drink with friends for the first time
>Have a few shots, feeling what I would describe as "kind of tipsy"
>Next thing I know I wake up and learn that I blacked out for 5 hours

Is it normal to completely skip the drunkenness stage? I didn't have that much, and I was still very much aware at the last point I remembered.
>>
>>7300355
Last time I got sober I was mostly nauseous, got migraines, was irritable, and had sleep paralysis a couple times. That was months ago so I'd imagine I'd have a similar experience now.
>>
>>7299547
Cerbois is good.
>>
>>7300387
yeah thats called a hangover. The thought is you sit it out.
>>
>>7300398
>but muh "addiction"
>>
>>7300371
That sounds like you got date raped anon.
>>
>>7300398
Most of that lasted about four days of being sober. I've never had a hang over last more than a couple hours before.
>>
>>7300412
>talks about how he is surrounded by bottles
>wonders why his hangover isnt just a few hours long
Look man if you stop doing something your body is used to it isnt just a few hours work.
>>
>>7298863
ive been on The Kraken Spiced rum and coke here lately.
>>
>>7298863
>mfw 10+ shots of duckfarts and crown and no hangover in the morning
>mfw I didn't even get drunk
Get better genes, fag. Or just stick to cider or some shit.
>>
>>7299433
My nigga, I've been looking for that shit for months, how does it feel?
>>
>>7299728
he made it to 90
Grandma is in the hospital on her death bed too.

Only person who i've descended from after that is just my mom.
>>
>>7299646
>>7299656
anything good that goes well with russian standard? no soda preferably
>>
>>7300355
>>7300387
>>7300429
Curious as to whether or not you quit cold turkey. Those seem like mild withdrawal symptoms for someone who drinks so much they can't walk without it. I'd expect you to be having seizures after a day or two of quitting.
>>
For a "normal" person how long does it usually take to finish one beer? People always say I drink too fast.
>>
>>7300579
You must be pretty fat, right?
>>
>>7300900
depends on the situation. Just look at others to see if you should pace yourself or not. I always drink fast too but now I just drink till about halfway, then wait till others catch up.
>>
File: IDShot_540x540[1].jpg (23 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
IDShot_540x540[1].jpg
23 KB, 540x540
>>7298863
What's a good rose lads? had this last night, didnt taste horrible atleast
>>
>>7300900
About 20 minutes if I'm not pushing
>>
>>7300900

About 10 minutes for me.
>>
>>7300900
I take 3-5 minutes, but I've always gotten shit for drinking everything too fast, even when I was a kid.

Can't help it if I'm thirsty and there's drink in front of me!
>>
>>7299655
You drink to have fun, and you notice the more you drink, the more fun you are having. You get to a happy level, and notice yourself coming down. Not wanting to come down and be bored/depressed/anxious anymore, you top yourself up. Do this enough and wa la, you've lost it or passed out.
>>
File: 2016-01-23-15-51-58-541371863.jpg (7 KB, 309x163) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-23-15-51-58-541371863.jpg
7 KB, 309x163
>>7300371
>You got de puddin pops
>>
>mixing vodka
>feeling it after two shots
>still thinking of vodka in terms of shots and not bottles

these are good things OP
>>
help im drunk
>>
>>7299655
it's the parts briefly before
>>
>>7301271
grow a road
>>
>>7301295
i donz know what the fuck that means
>>
>>7300907
try cognac with champagne, angostura bitters and a sugar cube. seem s so innocent but it fucks your shit up
>>
>>7300645
Not him, but desu lsd is a much better high than most of the 2c-x or nbombe research chemicals. It's more controllable and is way easier on your brain.

On topic, sipping vodka on the rocks gives me that edge I need to reach ballmer's peak.
>>
>>7299402

Isn't Mike's Hard Lemonade already a mixed drink?
>>
File: wodka.jpg (586 KB, 2204x3920) Image search: [Google]
wodka.jpg
586 KB, 2204x3920
My dad got me this bottle of vodka. Is it any good? I'm pretty new to drinking and I usually have Sobieski.
>>
>>7300866
You know how there's the phrase, vodka goes with everything? Well that's cause it does. A couple non soda drinks I like are vodka and orange juice and vodka and pineapple juice, both are delicious.
>>
>>7301313
mikes hard liquor is a malt beverage

its sugared and flavored beer
>>
how is sprite with vodka? I just make screwdrivers, 3 shots in a glass and fill the rest with oj. I think drinking so much OJ is really fucking with stomach and intestines though. Gone through like 3 bottles in a week
>>
Does it matter if an unopened bottle of good scotch is kept in those fancy metal cases, or, not in terms of expiration/shelf life?
>>
>>7301422
>he thinks its the orange juice that's fucking him
>>
>>7300904
I'm actually skinny as fuck. It probably has something to do with my high metabolism.
>>
>>7300866

>>7301391
is right

I'm a fan of soda so that constitutes the majority of my mixers (good on you for calling it soda and not 'pop' btw) . I suppose basically any fruit drink would work fine -- you can usually pick up a crap ton of cheap mexican fruit drinks at a grocer unless you live in bumbfuckistan (like I do) and they work well.
>>
>>7301422

nice dubs

it's alright. A little too light for my taste (that and it reminds me of college partying). Ginger Ale or colas are more my speed.

of course, when mixing vodka with soda

R O O T B E E R
O
O
T
B
E
E
R
>>
>>7301422
Sprite with vodka is REALLY fucking good. You get the nice blend and if you can't stand the taste of straight vodka, the sprite masks a lot of it, but you still taste the vodka I guess. Depends on how much you put in. I put a shot worth of vodka into a glass and 3 shots of sprite equivalent.
>>
man up or shut up
>>
>>7301610
Boring. That's literally just taking a beverage and adding alcohol to it. Sugar content is way too high to have a lot of them, and when the mix has caffeine in it you shouldn't drink that much in a night either. Soda water is the way of the alcoholic.

That being said, I'm drinking a shit load of Hemp beer tonight. Alone. With the gf in another room.
>>
I'm recently coming to a brandy phase and looking for some nice sipping brandy that's also affordable. And I've been only lately finding out that there's a shitload of them outside from the French cognac.

Does anyone know some brands like that for piscos, grappas, coñacs, armagnacs, and calvados? Preferably Old World tradition. Would be a great help.
>>
>>7300683
Be sure to spend time with her before she goes, it's the best we humans can do to one another in passing.

I missed the opportunity to reply to my grandpa before he passed and it kills me to think what he thought about me as he left this world.
>>
>>7301408
I use to mix tequila with mikes hard lime-aids I called it a welfare margarita. It did the job
>>
>all these different types of distilled spirits
>different flavors
Aren't they all molecularly the same? What accounts for the taste if they're distilled and basically alcohol?
>>
>>7302638
>Aren't they all molecularly the same?

Maybe if they were all pure ethyl alcohol and not, you know, distillations of various fruit and grain infusions.
>>
>starting out on alcoholic drinks lately
>find out that beers are weaker than wine.
No wonder old timers call beer piss water.
>>
>>7301372
It's.. common. Not bad, though.
>>
>>7298920
>It'd be horrible.
vodka that you mix with mountain dew usually isn't very good either
>>
>>7302801
Nah, they call shitty beers like Corona piss water. People with good taste know the value of a good beer. Alcohol content is never the most important factor, unless someone is a 20 Budweiser a day, drink only to get drunk type. Then they hit up the shitty tasting, high alcohol wines and vodkas.

Also what the fuck, it took you this long to gauge the alcohol content of beers vs wine??
>>
>>7303769
Never really drank before and I thought the common man drink, beer, is made of tougher stuff than wine.
>>
>>7303816
Really depends on the beer man. What kind did you have? Imo there's nothing manly at all about a bunch of dudes standing around drinking a ton of Coors Light or Budweiser or Heineken. Having an 8% Double Smoked Maple Porter with your steak is quite manly though, and those WILL get you drunk.
>>
>>7300866
vodka water is decent if you're trying to save £
>>
>>7300922
this
>>
File: 1425947701702.jpg (24 KB, 320x266) Image search: [Google]
1425947701702.jpg
24 KB, 320x266
>vodka with sprite
>scotch with coke
>mixing alcohol with anything

absolute pleb tier
>>
>>7303865
>not mixing alcohol with more alcohol
>>
Eyo, im looking to invest a large amount (like 5k) into high quality alcohol to sell again in a few years time. I have almost no experience with alcohol however and all i see it as is a guaranteed way to make a positive return.

Any tips on this? Im guessing red wine or whiskey and just store it in a cupboard?
>>
>>7303865
>tfw in college i never mixed or chased alcohol with anything even though i was still a huge lightweight and a beta faggot nerd
>i didnt mix drinks because i hated alcohol and mixing it would just make the taste last longer
>would take straight shots of the nastiest shit, like cheap vodka, gin, rum, tequila, etc, and maybe just chase with water
>or would even just drink plain alcohol from a cup
>people would look at me do this like i was some alien creature even though these were big partiers and heavy drinkers
>>
>>7303928
That is an absolutely terrible idea. It is obvious you have almost no experience with alcohol.
>>
>>7299378
Add a splash of water and let it sit in the glass for 15 minutes.
>>
>>7303945
The most experience i have with buying alcohol was within one day in Japan. Ive not drunk out.of that day.

However im looking for some gimmicky and risky money making schemes and i think aging and selling alcohol seems like a low risk, medium reward investment.
>>
>>7303960
>i think aging and selling alcohol seems like a low risk, medium reward investment.
>>
>>7303966
Just hold onto it and sell it to the booze heads in simpler terms no?
>>
>>7303960
People won't buy alcohol from you just because it sat in your cupboard for a few years. The people that care about aged alcohol, will either prefer to do it themselves in a controlled environment or get it from someone reputable. Not to mention that only particular types of alcohol are even worth aging, and you don't know enough about alcohol to know or care what those are.

Save your money. No one will buy your old, dusty wine, and you will be out 5k for years for no reason. Get a mutual fund or something.

>>7303974
a "booze head" wants cheap shit. Aged wines is for high class restaurants.
>>
>>7303928
ageing happens in the vats in carefully monitored environments, not in bottles in some dudes cupboard
>>
>>7303945
>That is an absolutely terrible idea
Why is it a terrible idea? Japanese whiskey was pretty cheap like a couple years ago, now it sells for $300 to $500 dollars for some 17 or 20 year shit.
>>
>>7303943

well you know what's good. seriously, mixing alcohol is retarded in every sense and the only purpose would be so you can drink more. i cringe every time i see people mixing whisky with anything. it takes away the unique taste and turns it into a poisoned mixture.
>>
>>7303985
It's terrible because this >>7303984

That Japanese Whiskey is worth more because how it is aged, not just because it's old. It's just a terrible "investment", as far as business ideas go.
>>
>>7304007
So is it only cost effective in large amounts because of the room climate or something?
>>
>>7304022
Because it's aged in a wooden barrel, not in bottle.
Wine ages in bottle too, but only worth something if you have a cave.

Plus, you'll need reputation before selling. You don't become cellar-man like that.
>>
>>7304022
Yeah there's lots of factors. Temperature, humidity, what they're aged in, the amount of light, lots of shit. It's literally a science. You can't just go buy a shit load of liquor, sit on it like a goose egg and hope it comes out as gold at the end. Not to mention even finding a buyer. Who were you planning on selling it to? Legit question
>>
>>7300900
5 mins
>>
>>7304048
You don't even have to think about it. Stock investment instantly makes more sense. I don't even know why we're having this conversation. I need a drink now.
>>
>>7304007
Japanese whiskey is worth more not because of aging but because of rarity and good.

If something is rare+good, that shit fetches high prices. But that is something which is very hard to determine. Stock investment makes more sense if you think about it. Just get a good stock broker or something.
>>
>>7303985
>Japanese whiskey was pretty cheap like a couple years ago, now it sells for $300 to $500 dollars for some 17 or 20 year shit.
This is especially the case since Suntory and Nikka are going to stop making age statement whiskeys and just producing NAS now.
>>
>>7300900
If im at a party I usually drink a liter of beer (4,7 %) per hour. Its like this until I get shitfaced and by then im usually raving around at some club just generally enjoying myself until I pass out or manage to pull some girl.

Nowadays I got a girlfriend tho, so i have to be much sneakier about it
>>
>>7304046
I hadnt thought that through, i figured their must be some alcohol trade platform though.

At this point i think 3 people are posting in a style that looks lile mine, especially this whole random whisky thing
>>
>>7304083
There is a way to do it, but not as an amateur with no experience or interest in alcohol. Just save your money dude.

Or do what all al/ck/s want to do, spend your 5k on booze and just drink it all.
>>
>>7304098
>spend your 5k on booze and just drink it all

This. If they tell you to save for a rainy day, better spend it all on the sun.
>>
>>7299646
>taste
for me, it's important the taste of my vodka. And with taste, i don't mean "sweet or bitter", i mean "not vomitive"
>>
>>7304246
kek, that's pretty good
>>
File: boulevard-unfiltered-wheat[1].jpg (65 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
boulevard-unfiltered-wheat[1].jpg
65 KB, 800x600
>>7298863
This shit.
It's sort of a loophole because I live in a state where you can't sell high point beer cold unless it's at a liquor store, so they add yeast back in, gives it a good flavor that's stronger than shitweiser and raises the alcohol levels slightly higher than 3.4% because it only has to be 3.4% when you package it lololol.
>>
>>7304078
>I usually drink a liter of beer
That's a shitload of beer.
>>
>>7298863
OP, let me help you.

Bourbon + hot chocolate = you will get SO FUCKED UP without tasting jack shit
>>
>>7302263
>piscos
Where the fuck do you even get these in the US?
>>
File: 1310567657364.jpg (46 KB, 515x589) Image search: [Google]
1310567657364.jpg
46 KB, 515x589
>>7306125
at a liquor store?
>>
>>7299646
Is Russian Standard actually made in Russia?
>>
>>7299646
Grey goose for simple stuff (screwdriver), flavored for more elaborated cocktails
>>
Does someone here drinks cheap white wine with pineapple soda?
>>
>>7306254
what's wrong with smirnoff for screwdrivers? Why does everyone hate smirnoff?
>>
>have a bottle of Yamazaki 12
>afraid to open it because it might be the last bottle of Yamazaki 12 I'll ever buy
Should have bought two of them and just paid the debt in installments or something.
>>
>>7298863
>>7298920
stop drinking soda you fucks
>>7303865
mijn neger
>>
Why do people drink alcohol if they can't stand the taste? Why not just drink soda if you like sweet stuff?
>>
>>7306362
if you have to ask that question you have never drank alcohol
>>
>>7306431
But I have. Mostly with wines.
>>
>>7306455
what's not to get then? Most people don't drink for taste rather it's stimulating qualities.
>>
>>7298863
two fingers liquor three fingers water get fucked up huff gasoline
>>
Drinking J&B rare from the bottle and sipping on random tallboys. I will probably wash down a couple benzos an hour or two before I go to bed so I can sleep for 10+ hours.

Kill me.
>>
>>7306493
>watering down liquor

why don't you just drink a wine cooler faggot
>>
>>7306511
are you fucking me? same situation except evan williams black label
>>
>>7306528
Some scotches get that treatment to bring more of the flavors out.
>>
Didn't feel like driving to the liquor store so finishing up a 12 pack of Smith and forge hard cider because the new guy at the gas station across the street doesn't know the price so 9.99
>>
>>7306531

What kind of benzos are you on? I usually take 2mg of clonazepam every night, then 30mg of temazepam if I'm having trouble sleeping. My doctor gives me lorazepam for special occasions.

Make sure you don't overdo it, it's almost impossible to overdose in benzos, but they enhance the effects of alcohol and can turn you into a shitty drunk.
>>
>>7306362
Seriously stfu, I'm tired of hearing normies ask, "why do people who like the effects of alcohol drink everyday?" Yet you are the same ass hole who smokes weed all day.
>>
File: 1447794924121s.jpg (3 KB, 117x125) Image search: [Google]
1447794924121s.jpg
3 KB, 117x125
>>7306590
>clonazepam, temazepam

you really are me

>You may have thoughts about suicide while taking clonazepam

lol, as if I didn't already

>shitty drunk
way ,WAY too late
>>
>>7306620

Yeah, one day I just downed both bottles of benzos and a few codeine tablets (not the shit with acetaminophen) with a bottle of wild turkey, shit got ugly.

Eventually the police showed up, I was arrested (but not charged), and they took me to the hospital to make sure I wasn't about to die. I was able to lie my way out of everything.

When I got home I went directly to bed and I was out of it for the next 3 days. I don't remember much of anything.

Don't do drugs, kids, benzos will ruin your life.
>>
>>7306637
shit nigger I had almost the same experience except with norco 10-325's, probably not the best thing for the liver.

you.are.me
>>
>>7298863
Haha I just started drinking (Absolut for first drink) and this is what I did. Not bad. Getting more used to the taste of vodka. Also, there's nothing wrong with being a lightweight. You just don't have to spend more money on drinks and you can get shitfaced faster. So what's the big idea with hating on lightweights? I never got it.
>>
>>7306681
They remember us we are alcoholics with a built high tolerance.
>>
Anyone know of any ciders that're half the sweetness of NYFRBB?

Maybe something I can find in a Food Lion, Kroger/Walmart?

I live in buttfuck nowhere West Virginia It's a PITA trying to find good beer.

>>7300371
>Black out after a little drinking

Nigga what? I downed a 750ml of silver Tequila with a buddy of mines, and didn't get royally fucked until I made the mistake of drinking a shot of Vodka. Even then I didn't black out for 5 hours.
>>
File: 1453273812544s.jpg (6 KB, 249x199) Image search: [Google]
1453273812544s.jpg
6 KB, 249x199
>>7298863

>go to USA to visit a friend
>we go to a "tailgate"
>everyone is drinking small 0.33 cans of 4.0% beer
>it tastes like it's watered down
>drink a case of that shit
>not even remotely pissed
>everyone is amazed
>mfw it's not fun at all
>mfw I need at least 2 liters of whiskey to get drunk
>mfw I'm an alcohol
>>
>>7306681
being the lightweight is bad in a group, you're no fun if you're already wasted when everyone else is just getting started
>>
>>7299385
real men consume enough drugs to build up a tolerance so that they can consume more drugs and feel bad without drugs

>don't worry i'm not trying to sell you drugs or anything
>>
>>7298863
I've switched to drinking vodka with water except in party situations
>>
Is there really something about Asperger's that reduces alcohol tolerance?
>>
>>7299378
if you are after a harsher glass, there's a smokey drop called laphroaig i've got sittin next to me, don't mind it chilled with soap rocks or even jammin that bottle in the freezer for 5-10 min would do it
>>
>>7299532
3 words for you,
home brew liquor
get good enough to sell to neighbors and you cover all expenses
>>
>>7298863
Drinking vodka and sprite then getting drunk too easily doesn't make you an aspie.

Though maybe being a drama queen about it and posting about it on /ck/ does.
>>
just had my last exam and it went alright, time to down a bottle of wodka and fuck a hooker, good times
>>
>tfw I used to be able to drink a 6 pack and be fine.
Now I'm buzzed after two beers. But I don't have a belly. So there is that.
>>
>>7300889
I tried to taper off a little for a couple of days before I quit. I think the not being able to get out of bed is probably a mental thing but I don't really know.
>>
>>7306125
Generally speaking, you should be able to find piscos where there are brandies being sold.
>>
Just failed exams.

Have cheap wine and cheap beer. Should I go wine->beer or beer->wine?
>>
>>7306328
Is the Yamazaki 12 really being discontinued? I thought it was just rare to find nowadays and only the Hibiki 12 and 15 will stop being made from this point forward?

I mean, I know Nikka will stop making age statement whiskeys, but will Suntory do the same thing too?
>>
>>7307755
Wine will fuck you up faster than beer, right?
>>
>>7307755
If it's red wine, I'd do that first. I find wine difficult to drink once my palate has been influenced by beer.

If it's white wine, I don't know. I find that hard to drink at all.
>>
>>7307770
its red, dont really like white.

>>7307767
im thirsty so either would go fast. wine is pretty acidic limiting my intake of it.
>>
>>7307770
That's a very good point. I've never considered it, but I don't recall ever having enjoyed wine while drunk. If the plan is to get fucked up though, you reach a certain point where you can neck anything and bad tastes don't register. That's really the only way to drink cheap wine at all.
>>
>>7307755
Why not just drink a few, but don't get drunk, sleep it off, then study again and plot how to get a better grade for your next finals?
>>
File: titos_handmade_vodka2-640x853.jpg (47 KB, 640x853) Image search: [Google]
titos_handmade_vodka2-640x853.jpg
47 KB, 640x853
Thoughts?
>>
>>7307804
resits are 2 months down the road and in the meanwhile new subjects start up, one of them I have to pass otherwise you get kicked of uni. So Ill just study on that one instead of going for a resit. Its not like ive put effort in it.
>>
>>7306818
Not really, it just means you're a tough hombre.
>>
>>7307755
Start with the beer. If you do beers after wine you won't get as drunk (that's how I experience it anyway). Gotta raise that alcohol% throughout the night bro
>>
Hey guys, is the regular Bushmill Irish Whiskey any good? Found some that's at a less than 20 dollar price point.
>>
>>7306590
That sounds dangerous.
>>
>>7307807
my personal favorite
been drinking it since before all the hipsters discovered it
>>
>>7307988
thats protestant whiskey
>>
Give me your best tequila brands/cocktails, I have Jimador silver, Olmeca silver and Milagro silver.
>>
>>7308162
Thanks, IRA, but is it any good?
>>
>>7301422
Apple juice, son.
>>
Who #pint of liqour a day here?
>>
>>7306637
My doctor gave me 90 1 mg lorazepams a month for roughly five years.

My mixing with alcohol has embarrassed me in front of literally every single person I know. I'm so ashamed of my behavior during those years.

She retired about 6 months ago and gave me a script for Valium for tapering since I asked and I knew I wouldn't be able to find another doc to supply me with that much. It's been a long few months, still have ridiculous withdrawal symptoms like you wouldn't believe but things are getting better.

Wish I'd known what I know now some years ago.
>>
>>7308375
Wish I was still there. I'm at over a fifth a day. It's horrible, I'd cut back now if I was you friend.
>>
>>7308412
I have cut down, from a fifth to a pint.
>>
>>7307807
This and Sobieski best vodka for the price hands down.
>>
>>7308402
>My mixing with alcohol has embarrassed me in front of literally every single person I know.

Yeah, I've embarrassed myself in front of all of my friends, even caused some of them to cut contact with me. If I try to stop taking the benzos I get withdrawl effects the very next day, like an electric shock in my brain that makes me disoriented for a split second and causes all my muscles to contract.
>>
>>7308162
shiiiieeeet
>>
>>7308314
>>7307988

I like it more than Jameson, you said it's under $20, just buy a bottle and see for yourself.
>>
>>7306826
Ahhh, I'll buy it at a high price
>>
File: vodka-bimber002.jpg (103 KB, 425x640) Image search: [Google]
vodka-bimber002.jpg
103 KB, 425x640
>>
Hey guys, thinking of getting either the George Dickel Barrel Select or the No. 12. Which one do you recommend as a sipper?
>>
>>7298863
If you're serious just don't start drinking.
>>
>>7304060
With all these NAS whiskey crap happening right now, I'm actually glad that Balvenie has chosen to not get into the NAS business at all. While their market share won't increase, their bottle prices probably will because people will probably move onto their product if this NAS shit doesn't stop any time soon.
>>
>>7310344
Well, Balvenie does have some NAS bottles.
>>
>>7307762
Nikka makes good NAS though. The Hibiki NAS was inferior to the age statements however.
>>
>>7303865
Drinking the good shit straight is perfect but some of the cheaper hard liquor you have to mix because they're so awful. I'm a cheap alcoholic though and once in a blue moon I'll get a good brand to sip on.
>>
File: cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpg (80 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpg
80 KB, 960x1280
That feel when going to start making 30 L of wine as soon as my sanitizer comes in the mail.

Currently drinking some calvados (apple brandy).
>>
>>7298863
Make that a bottle vodka and I can relate
>>
>>7311478
Went on a tour of their factory years ago, great fun
>>
>>7303865
Cocktails are nice m8.
>>
how bad is taking a few shots every day if i do everything else right? eat healthy, exercise, water, etc

by a few i mean like 4-5 so not really a few depending on your definition
>>
>>7311608
Sounds like the beginnings of alcoholism. Ive drunk everyday before and eventually it became a craving instead of something truly enjoyable.
>>
>>7311621
when i run out i go days without it with no problem at all. im only worried about ruining my stomach or intestines or some shit.
>>
>>7311608
I've been taking little sips of my bottle after a bender this weekend.

What do all of you guys eat when coming off s bender? I need something I can eat but not too heavy.
>>
File: Gift.png (2 MB, 918x1224) Image search: [Google]
Gift.png
2 MB, 918x1224
I was gifted this by my sister for babysitting her pets while she was in vacation. I don't usually drink rum and would like to know the opinion of anyone with experience on how to store it and if it's good.
>>
>>7311733
That's not even a big bottle. Just drink it.
>>
>>7311733

Take a sip. Take another sip. Cut your goddamn nails. Store bottle on a shelf somewhere. It really doesn't spoil.
>>
>>7311821
Alcohol spoiling depends on some factors.
Exposure to direct sunlight, storing in really hot place, amount of alcohol by volume. Not sure about extreme cold though.
>>
I've been sober for 8 days.
Its boring.
What do normies do instead of getting drunk every night?
>>
youtube.com/watch?v=BxRzzm-mjCE
Is this cool or pretentious?
>>
>>7311981
Day 11 here. I'm level 16 at Euro Truck Simulator 2...
>>
>>7312044
Its entertainment, like a magic trick.
>>
>>7312073
Im on the same track - completed MGS5 and Witcher 3.
>>
>>7311658
soups are fine
>>
What do.
>>
>>7312212
raspberry lime mojito

add club soda, fresh lime/lime juice and mint.

or just man up and take shots of it and return it to under your bed wrapped up in your boyfriend's varsity jacket so your mom won't find it.
>>
What kinds of drinks have you guys personally had experience with/have?
I have vodka, tequila, bourbon, gin, rum, cognac liqueur, calvados, cognac, japanese whisky, and shochu. Also, some pisswater beers and sweet wines.
>>
>>7312212
How is this any different from a liqueur?
>>
>>7312212
How is flavoured "vodka" still considered vodka? Should it be a unsweetened liquor of sorts?
>>
File: 1310573389368.png (37 KB, 526x472) Image search: [Google]
1310573389368.png
37 KB, 526x472
>>7312698
liqueur has a higher specific gravity, from the inclusion of loads more sugar.
>>
>>7312698
>>7312732
Liqueurs are usually in the 15-25 range and are extremely sweet. Flavored vodkas are usually only a few percentage points down
>>
>>7312761
>>7312766
Wait, but how about Grand Marnier then?
>>
>that realization that if I started to buy one bottle of distilled alcoholic beverage of every type, I would end up with around 30 bottles in my closet and probably not completed that collection at all
Should probably stop at a few before it gets worse.
Thread replies: 224
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.