[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Burned / Scorched Saucepan - Still Usable?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: not my saucepan.jpg (34 KB, 540x374) Image search: [Google]
not my saucepan.jpg
34 KB, 540x374
A few day ago I had a late night hankering for some spaghetti and filled my 1980’s 2 quart all stainless steel “Flint” brand saucepan with water and put it on the stove, then went to do a bit of shitposting, forgetting about the pot of water on the stove until I smelt something burning (yes, I had a few beers that night).

Ended up boiling out all the water and burning / scorching the saucepan and now the inside is discolored with bluish-greyish-blackish kinda pattern inside from the stove’s gas burner jets.

I let the pot soak for for a couple of days and scrubbed the shit out’a it today with dish soap and a scrubby sponge pad but it’s still pretty discolored inside (the outside bottom also but that’s no big deal).

Is the saucepan safe for me to cook in?

(note; pic is not of my saucepan, which looks kinda similar but not nearly as bad)
>>
File: product_thumb.jpg (18 KB, 270x270) Image search: [Google]
product_thumb.jpg
18 KB, 270x270
Pic related, steel wool, and elbow grease.
>>
>>7297204
Filipino spaghetti has hot dogs in it, OP.
What do you make of that?
>>
Why wouldn't it be safe
>>
>>7297210

I thought that looked familiar.

Found an almost full, ancient ($1.49 price tag fro K-mart) container of that in the basement and I think I’ve got some steel wool in the garage.
>>
>>7297204
It's just metal fuck sakes, sand it and optionally polish it a bit.
This is beyond kitchen sponges.
Don't spend a fortune doing tha btw, beats the point.
>>
>>7297210
Nice try, beekeeper's friend shill
>>
>>7297204
I do this even when sober
>>
wire brush attachment and your drill will do the trick in a jiffy
>>
If it doesn't come out by boiling water in the pan, then obviously you can cook in it.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.