[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remember staying for dinner at your friends house and having
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (92 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92 KB, 480x480
Remember staying for dinner at your friends house and having everything be different from your house.

You sit at the table with their parents and siblings, his dad aggresively breathing out of his nose while he eats, his sister making you self-conscious, while he just sits dumb waiting for chow.
Here comes mom. Oh its only spaghetti, I can handle that, you say.

But wait what's this? She places the dish down and without a moments hesitation, dumps a full laddle of sauce right onto your dinner.
I w-w-wanted it plain with butter and cheese you think to yourself, too scared to even squeak.
Now everyone is happily eating away and your frozen stiff just staring, wanting to leave this plane of existence, too afraid to let out your breath, too afraid swallow.
"Everything OK?"
You smile meekly and put your fork to what lays before you. Squinting at what your trembling hand has brought to your mouth you try and decipher what you see.
Hmm red stuff, thicker than water, something small and green, wait whats that?
An ONION?!
No way is that getting eaten, you put your fork down hoping no one notices and spend the rest of the time eating the bottom where there is minimal sauce contact until you proclaim you are full.

Ahh the good old days eh?
>>
>>7294073
Hopefully this is your first draft. A comedic routine should be honed elsewhere, however. We do not appreciate it.
>>
>>7294073
You left out the part where they all hold hands, close their eyes, bow their heads and say grace or, even worse, ask you to do the honors when your family just doesn't do that. And you have to hold your friends hand in one hand and his dad's hand with the other.
>>
Did you fuck tho?
>>
File: 1441138081058.jpg (38 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
1441138081058.jpg
38 KB, 396x385
>they say we can't eat in front of the tv
>I literally storm out of their apartment and go home
>>
File: 1421199165623.jpg (11 KB, 259x383) Image search: [Google]
1421199165623.jpg
11 KB, 259x383
>>7294073
Uhhh not really... I remember thinking my friend's parents' spaghetti was bland compared to my mom's. I wasn't ever allowed to be a picky little brat, and was thankful that somebody provided a warm meal for me.
>>
I don't know if it was just because they had guests (me), but most of my friends ate very fancy and politely like some sacred family get-together time. I'm not knocking it, it's probably nice if you're used to it, but it made me seriously uncomfortable.
>>
>>7294073
I was never spoiled. I ate what was put in front of me. if I didn't like it, I didn't eat. By the time I was old enough to have dinner at a friend's house, I wasn't a picky bitch.
>>
I stIll only want buuter salt and cheese, never like any sauce on noodles

Am 34
>>
File: cr.jpg (146 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
cr.jpg
146 KB, 480x640
>nobody in the family is bothered by utensils squeaking/scraping against plates
>except you
>>
>>7294141

This was the WORST, they're all just cool with it and meanwhile every squeak sends shivers up my spine and makes me want to barf

So glad I don't have to endure shit like that anymore.
>>
>>7294073
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>/lit/
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.