[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The new "big thing" in desserts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 13
What do you guys think of this apparent new trend in dessert of everyone making ridiculous milkshakes? Supposedly this is the new "cronut".

I personally love milkshakes but I'm always skeptical as to these over the top foods as often they look prettier than they look. Need to see if there's a place in my city that does them like pic related and try it out.
>>
>>7270893
You can tellt his is a piece of shit trend because they're putting the shakes in Mason jars.

The way the top of the jar is shaped prevents you from being able to easily get the last bits of the shake out, including the delicious bits of whatever have sunk to the bottom. It's harder to get a spoon in there, the fluid sticks around the lip, and all in all it's just a piece of shit thing to do.
>>
why are they always so messy
>>
You'd have to be a pretty fat fuck to eat/drink a whole shake like that in one sitting.

It would never catch on with the health-conscious "in" crowd, and you just know one of those fuckers costs $10.
>>
normies make awful memes
>>
>>7270915
they're the perfect size to share with someone else though, id get it at least once because it looks like a fun novelty

the only thing is the outside of the mug would get sticky and make your hands dirty as well
>>
>>7270893
OP here, I meant to say they look prettier than they taste.

>>7270908
Lol, I'm not a fan of mason jar food either. The worst actually is pulled pork dinner in a mason jar, fuck those people who came up with that.

>>7270913
I think it's part of the "experience". I have a bit of ocd when it comes to messy food though haha.

>>7270915
I thought so too but then I just assumed that they are meant to be shared. But to be honest those mason jars probably aren't as big as you think they are.
>>
>>7270893
>wa_la.jpg
>>
>>7270908
Do you know how I can tell you're 500 pounds?
>>
>>7270931
Thats enough for like 4 people
>>
>>7270893
milkshakes give me diarrhea like no other
>>
>>7270893
>they look prettier than they look
what did he mean by this
>>
>>7270893

Looks fucking disgusting.

It's like a concoction a grade school child would make.
>>
>>7270913
they're not messy, they're artistic and made by a milkshake artisan.
>>
>>7270893

That looks fucking disgusting, then again I don't eat desserts.
>>
>>7270978
if those are regular sized straws they aren't that humongous.
>>
It bothers me that they always seem to go out of their way to get the contents to "artistically drip" on the sides like that. For that reason alone I would never order one.
>>
>>7271226
Are milkshake artisans similar to sandwich artists?
>>
>>7270893
I like the idea of them, they give me an american diner vibe
>>
>>7271320
Yes, both are disappointments to their parents.
>>
File: milkshake.jpg (18 KB, 326x282) Image search: [Google]
milkshake.jpg
18 KB, 326x282
>>7270893
so you want a large milkshake for two
great

those pictured LOOK fine, but due to the mason jar shape not only are you going to have difficulty getting everything out there will be a severe lack of topping/extra once you get past the top bit

just look at the far right one, you have to eat an entire brownie+icecream and what looks like a marshmallow before you even get to the milkshake
else risk having it all slide off due to the small nature of the jar neck

a true over the top milkshake should be fucking thick, like thick enough you need a spoon for the first half before it starts to melt some
it should have mix-ins, candies/chocolate are always nice
it should have some form of sauce mixed in and topping, caramel/chocolate/strawberry
it should be served in a wide topped milkshake glass, I guess that's too "common" for these so just make it bigger and decorate it or something
it should be topped with at least two of the following; whipped cream, cookie(any variety), brownie, mallow, fresh fruit, whatever stupid pastry of the month is popular you hipster faggot

basically, make whatever the most expensive DQ or similar chain shake and serve it in a 40oz glass container with some shit on top and charge $15-20 for it
>>
>>7271277
They're easily enough for like four people as long as said people aren't fucking land whales.
>>
A donut milkshake is like 5000+ calories
>>
>>7272901
Shut the fuck up
>>
Sounds unhealthy as fuck, not to mention most of these people probably do the
>buy a bunch of premade stuff
>mix it in a blender
dessert making method

>>7271277
you can gauge the size from the pretzels, it's probably around 3-4 cups of goop in each of those cups
>>
>ice cream
>banana
>milk
tell me why you need more?
>>
File: sl.jpg (45 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
sl.jpg
45 KB, 600x450
>>7273078
Tell you why I need more? Because that's my preference, Stan Laurel.
>>
>>7270893
If I need to wash the dish it comes in before consuming the food, then fuck you.
>>
>>7270893
They better fucking provide free wet wipes in that place if their shakes are always that messy.
>>
>>7270893
Absolutely repuslive to me, not even joking.

Don't have much of a sweet tooth and these things are just vulgar.
>>
>>7270893
Their whole appeal is looking decadent

> OMG OVERFLOWING WITH DESSERT!

It's just a shitload of sugar dumped on top of a meme jar filled with a milkshake. No one ever did it before because it's fucking stupid.

At least a cronut is an ok treat once in a while. Basically a donut. It's not served in vintage bowler filled with whipped cream.
>>
>>7270893
>literally the equivalent of eating a whole jar of nutela tier

Of course it'S gonna be good but jesus christ
>>
File: 1451115968457.jpg (1 MB, 3000x2000) Image search: [Google]
1451115968457.jpg
1 MB, 3000x2000
Mason jars are aesthetic but not really practical when it comes to stuff like this. Anyone know similar products with the whole jar being of the same width? I'm looking for a jar where I can put my delicious overnight oats in.
>inb4 any fucking jar
It has to be beautiful. It enhances the taste of the oats.
>>
>>7273633
Some jamming jars have the same width from top to bottom.
>>
>>7270893

If those were put in more traditional glasses and had better presentation, I could see the appeal of ridiculously awesome/bad milkshakes. But going for Mason Jars is just lazy and it's a pain in the ass to try and eat it without looking like more of a glutton than you probably are for ordering one.
>>
>>7273633
Get a paint bucket, if it isn't beautiful enough, get a Mexican paint bucket. As an added bonus, it will sweeten your oats without additional calories.
>>
>>7273633
Get the box the lynchburg lemonade is in
>>
>>7275286
Only if it had lead paint in it before
>>
>>7275318
>Mexican
>Not lead paint

Those niggers are worse than the chinks when it comes to retard inducing consumer products.
>>
>>7275328
I'll have to check it out, thanks
>>
>>7270933
>pulled pork dinner in a mason jar
I didn't believe you, but then I google it. Hoo boy. That's just wrong, and that's coming from someone who doesn't mind the mason jar drink trend.
>>
File: 8348151231_9fdeb9f5d0_z.jpg (181 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
8348151231_9fdeb9f5d0_z.jpg
181 KB, 640x427
i agree, this seems like a problematic presentation. i dont want to try and eat a brownie balanced on top of a jar with whipped cream.

I love me a good milk shake though. I prefer to make it myself, since getting commercial grass fed dairy ice cream is a far away dream. Also, pic related.
>>
File: jar.jpg (243 KB, 1285x679) Image search: [Google]
jar.jpg
243 KB, 1285x679
>>7273633
Aladdin Classic Mason Salad Jar 34oz, Marina is another one you can search on amazon for if you are making multi-portions. I also source jars by going to the pickle section and looking for a jar of shitty pickles in a jar with the right shape
>>
That feel when don't even know what a cronut is
>>
This is still a thing? I thought it was old hat 2 years ago
>>
>>7270893
How much fucking calories do one of those things contain? As a woman I'll never order one of those.
>>
>>7277577
>Refridgerate up to 3 weeks
What happens after 3 weeks?
>>
>>7277607
it turns into a gremlin
>>
A Milkshake is a clean drink. If I order one at McDonald's it'll come with Whipped Cream on top and a Cherry on top for garnish.

That mess in OP's picture is an abomination of a Sundae. You drink a milkshake not EAT it, that's why it's called a shake.
>>
Didn't you hear? All small bar and cafe food needs to be Instagram bait now. Your food is only as valuable as its social media reach.
>>
>liking milk shake in the first place

Just drink lemonade like a real man
>>
>>7277580
You aren't missing anything, they aren't that good.
>>
>>7277602
>as a woman
what the fuck does your vagina have to do with anything
>>
>>7277610
o shit
>>
>>7280003
Women have a much lower daily calorie intake than men. One of those would definitely be higher than the total an average woman should eat for an entire day
>>
>>7270915
Right! My local cafe has started offering them, my wife and i order the smallest one they have and split it and still feel fat :(
>>
He was ahead of his time all along...
https://youtu.be/x2jnbaNfkso?t=6m20s
>>
>>7280931
Gender still doesn't matter. Men also have caloric limits, whether they're higher or lower than that of women's.
As a human, one should never order one of those, unless one is splitting it with multiple people.
>>
>>7270893
>>7270908

I have a term for this /ck/. I call it "buzzfood" like a buzzword, for food and because the site Buzzfeed seems to love posting this type of thing. Something that sounds a lot better than it actually tastes, usually it involves trendy popular food.

>BACON WRAPPED BROWNIES!

>Dumb normie: "Derp I like bacon! I like brownies! THIS! IS! THE! BEST! THING! EVER!"

Nevermind the fact that those two things would taste like shit together and do. Who wants a mouth full of gooey chocolate and grease? Basically the people aren't really thinking it through it seems.
>>
File: 1448019586824.png (6 KB, 235x215) Image search: [Google]
1448019586824.png
6 KB, 235x215
>>7280964
>women
>human
>>
>>7280967

Another thing about buzzfood is it's not practical to make. The person making it usually has a lot more skill and the person following the social media of the person making it thinks they just attempt it and nail for the first try.

Hence all the pin interest failures.
>>
>>7270893

Don't believe in desserts.
>>
File: 1402354322251.jpg (5 KB, 160x276) Image search: [Google]
1402354322251.jpg
5 KB, 160x276
>>7273447
>meme jar
>>
>>7272901
Jesus no one gives a shit
>>
File: 1160013230826.jpg (57 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1160013230826.jpg
57 KB, 640x480
>>7280964

>women
>>
>>7270893

They're called "freak shakes" and were done in a cafe in Australia. Australians lost their shit and some travelled to try them. No wonder people in this country are so fucking fat.
>>
>>7281103
I thought Australia was full of beachbodies. You telling me you guys are fat? I was going to go over there and get myself a bogan hottie :(
>>
>>7281732
Dude, bogan bitches are fat walrus bitches. You want prime Bondi Beach or Gold Coast pussy.
>>
>>7280969
dumb frogposter
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>7270893
That looks awful and messy. Sugar on sugar on sugar dripping down the jar. All it needs is some BACON SRIRACHA AIOLI LOL and it would be perfect.

Fucking buzzfood.
>>
>>7277602
how many*
as a man, i can tell you that you're fucking stupid and you can't spell for dick. hop on over to /fit/ and learn how nutrition works (read the sticky), and, as a woman, why don't you go ahead and fuck all that clear-cut info up and learn nothing.
>>
>>7272901
I'm going to have to agree. Those of you saying "who cares" are simply consumer whores and hate things getting in the way of them spending money, things like receiving a good product or anything in return.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8WACcHLeeQ
>>
>>7283250
> i need instructions on how to fuck up a mason jar
>>
>>7270893
I think these would be a lot better if all the extra stuff wasn't just jammed in there
Like, if the milkshake was served and then all the extra stuff came in a little paper satchel to the side of it
That way you could easily dip all the stuff in there without it already overflowing or just eat it separately because half of the people who order that shit just take it off and eat it first anyway
>>
>>7270893
>all that fucking drip on the outside of the jars
>it was done on purpose
Who the fuck came up with this? please tell me if this is a west coast or east coast thing because it is extremely fucking retarded. I'm guessing west coast
>>
>>7272901
fuck off fatty
>>
why are we in an arms race with ourselves to destroy our tastebuds?

you need to rethink something if you need double triple meaty cheese bacon burgers or these monstrous milkshakes

what's wrong with enjoying a bit of flavor?

it's like drug addicts needing bigger and bigger hits to feel anything
>>
>>7270893
>A tub of ice cream with half a jar of sauce with a handful of whipped cream and a fucking pastry on top

ITT: things only white people eat
>>
File: 1451644020586.jpg (24 KB, 308x302) Image search: [Google]
1451644020586.jpg
24 KB, 308x302
>>7283309
Sure, pal. Right.
>>
>>7283267
It's an east coast thing but the Australian east coast...
>>
>>7277607
creates mustard gas
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-04-09-18h55m38s143.png (425 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-04-09-18h55m38s143.png
425 KB, 640x480
>>7277577
>ceiling compound
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.