[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
pure rage
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7
File: 1350062388447.jpg (41 KB, 327x248) Image search: [Google]
1350062388447.jpg
41 KB, 327x248
i just want to vent. my dad bought a couple of filets of beef, and decided to put them in the freezer directly from the store. WTF. we even have a fucking vacuum saver which i have instructed him on how to use.

also, we have a sous vide machine, and i would like to cook them at like 138F or something but i dunno if it's going to be worth it considering they were frozen so poorly. and i should have a goddamn blowtorch, i did but this bitch stole it from me.

instead of having fresh beef sous vide'd to a perfect temp and blowtorched, we will probably go full pleb and say 'ahh fuck it let's just grill it'. and then he will finally fuck up by saying 'i don't want to mess with the coals lets just use the gas burners'.

what a goddamn sad day this has become
>>
>>7248404
If my dad was still alive I wouldn't care what he did with his beef fillets but I'd definitely give him a massive hug.
>>
>>7248404
Control your autism. He spent his own money on the steaks, he's free to do whatever he wants with them.

When you buy your own steaks, you can do whatever you want with them as well.
>>
>>7248404
Yeah your gay as fuck. You don't deserve a dad. This is the faggiest complain thread I've ever seen. Your pops should beat the shit our of you for being such an ungrateful fuck
>>
File: 128543626112s.jpg (9 KB, 256x249) Image search: [Google]
128543626112s.jpg
9 KB, 256x249
>>7248408
>>
File: bugssosad.gif (166 KB, 500x378) Image search: [Google]
bugssosad.gif
166 KB, 500x378
>>7248408
I know that feeling anon.
>>
>>7248404
Ah, to be 14 again and to feel the unquestionable feeling that I knewmore than anyone else on the planet.

Kill yourself OP. Or at least move out of your parents house and grow the fuck up.
>>
>>7248440
>>7248451
wow how old are you faggets you know you have to be 18 to use this site, right?
>>
>>7248472
Age has nothing to do with it anon. Love for your father, assuming you know your father and he was good to you, never goes away.
>>
>>7248480
He doesn't know his father, clearly, or he was touched inappropriately.
>>
>>7248455
>>7248480
>>7248493
whatever plebs. you guys would settle for garbage that was left-over from dollar general because you think it makes you more 'authentic' or 'rustic' or 'farm to table'. chemicals are just chemicals you bigots.

i don't care if we butcher cows or pigs, i eat them and you should shut the fuck up about it
>>
>>7248408
>>
>>7248408
Fuck man right in the feels.
OP confirmed to be a faggot once again.
>>
>>7248404
>what a goddamn sad day this has become
yeah that's pretty sad op, but not for the reasons you think
>>
>Le sous vide meme
Firstly my parents are insufferable and freeze meat the second they get it too. I don't know why but I don't care enough to "vent" to my 4chan blog.

Secondly, sous vide and blow torch isn't the holy grail of food prep. It's not patrician. I like sous vide because it's easy, but its the same as sear and finish, it just requires less attention. It's not some magical skill or fine dining. I use it out of convenience. It's like microwaving vegetables instead of steaming them. It's the best way but hardly patrician.
Lastly, he bought his fillets. They weren't yours you can still be mad at his ignorance, but he didn't destroy your property so cease your rant. You're living under his roof (>we have a sous vide, >we even have a fucking vacuum sealer) and he's paying for your food (>we will probably have to go full pleb) you have very little room to act like he's doing the wrong thing by freezing the food he was supplying to you for free in his house.
>>
>>7248546
okay well enlighten me on what superior technique you'd use other than sous vide / blowtorch? would you go full hipster and deep fry it after soaking it in buttermilk? god you guys are so lame.
>>
>>7248554
Personally I'd go pan roast with generous basting with rendered marrowfat, but that's just me. Also, that's not the reason the situation is sad either.

Protip: it's your attitude.
>>
>>7248506
>>7248554
>Everyone here is a fag why can't I blog about my totally lame parents
Thanks for stopping by OP.
>>
>>7248408
Good post. My Dad is still alive, but this makes me want to appreciate him more and show him that I care. Thank you.
>>
>>7248404
>acting like prefrozen meats are That Much Worse than fresh
>must be b8

you must be pretty privileged, or spoiled, or both. buy your own steaks to sous vide, appreciate your dad while he's alive and you're not middle age and regretting ever being a shit child and wishing you could apologize, and just eat your tasty grilled steaks
>>
File: 1390775561342.gif (3 MB, 355x201) Image search: [Google]
1390775561342.gif
3 MB, 355x201
>>7248408
>>
File: 33yl3qc.jpg (30 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
33yl3qc.jpg
30 KB, 500x375
>>7248935
>animu
Faggot.
>>
>>7248404

/r9ck/ thread?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.