[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there actually people on this board that are so autistic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 5
File: 932847392487.png (184 KB, 375x499) Image search: [Google]
932847392487.png
184 KB, 375x499
Are there actually people on this board that are so autistic that they ACTUALLY get mad when people order water at a restaurant instead of like soda or beer?
I've seen it multiple times here.
>>
>>7245801
>Be me.
>Go to Denny's for breakfast
>After 5 minutes of waiting I finally get a table.
>Order Grand Slam
>Waiter asks "What would you like to drink?"
>"Water is fine"
>Keeps looking at me even though I said water loud and clear.
>Coffee I mean.
>Waiter then leaves to do more waiter stuff

Never again.
>>
fuck off
>>
File: 466328060.jpg (135 KB, 508x339) Image search: [Google]
466328060.jpg
135 KB, 508x339
>he ordered water
>>
>>7245806
wew

this guy probably masturbates to the thought of his wife fucking a black guy
>>
Ordering soda is manchild tier
Water is acceptable, or wine
Beer is acceptable if and only if you're getting greasy pub grub, inb4 we're not the south and finally we don't have bud light
>>
>>7245801
Pretty sure its a joke. 4chan isn't real life, friend. Even the most autistic posters don't actually act like that in real life. 4chan can be an escape for people. A way to vent and express things they would never actually say or do in real life.
>>
>>7245815
no it is the deep cave of the interwebs full of fatfucks that post crappy "look at the fastfood shit I am eating today" and some oc posting narcists.
>>
>>7245825
Which one are you?
>>
>>7245829
Don't ever fucking reply to me again unless you're contributing to the thread.
>>
>>7245801
If the only other options are sweet drinks I'll have water.
>>
>>7245801
>I've seen it multiple times here.

From your ass?
>>
>>7245832
So, the fast-food one?
>>
>>7245806
Thats why i alleviate that by ordering water with coffee on the side
>>
>>7245813
>beer for greasy grub
Flyover detected
>>
>>7246001
Yes, only ever eating greasy pub grub is a flyover thing to do
>>
>>7245813
>Beer is acceptable if and only if you're getting greasy pub grub
Not true. Beer pairs better than wine with some cuisines, particularly Indian, Japanese, Chinese, Mexican and most SEA food. I'm more of a wine drinker, but will almost always choose beer with those cuisines.
>>
>>7246009
You only think that because beer has more simplistic flavors and you're not used to fine dining with any of those cuisines which means they'll be offering dumb wines like cheap gewürztraminer or chard, if you're lucky

Try branching out beyond cheap takeout/dive joints, where there's an actual somm on staff
>>
>>7245811

That's the exact opposite reaction the server would have, retard.
>>
>>7246006
>i can't into reading comprehension

That's not what i posted retard.
Beer can be acceptable to order outside of pub grub.
Like you know.. ordering a porter house steak.
>>
>>7246027
>beer
>somple flavors
Uwotm8?
>>
>>7245806
just repeat yourself you autist.
>>
If anything adults ordering soda at a restaurant seems more weird. Unless we're talking stuff like fast food.
>>
>>7246057

Fucking this.

Water or alcohol.
>>
>>7245801
Water? Like from the toilet?
>>
File: 359697014_6d37f5f0c3_z.jpg (45 KB, 640x347) Image search: [Google]
359697014_6d37f5f0c3_z.jpg
45 KB, 640x347
>>7246107
>>
>>7246042
Why would you drink beer with a porterhouse instead of a cab or a cdp?
>>7246047
>muh malt
>muh hops
inb4 muh wood aged gimmicks muh brett muh belgian yeast, no matter what you do you're still drinking beer. Which is fine for a hamburger or moules frites. inb4 I used a word you had to look up so you're literally a European commie ISIS feminazi who will stop at nothing short of the complete annihilation of everything America stands for and then make us all christfags
>>
>>7246124
>not drinking a beer based off the stake
It's like you are purposefully veing obtuse
>gimmick
You do realize aging and what you add to a beer does complex the flavor right?
But all that projecting you alright anon?
>>
>>7245801
Are we all going to ignore the blatant GR15 violation that's going on here?
>>
>>7246027
I'd say it's more about the carbonation, because a sparkling wine can pair just as well as beer with most of those cuisines.

But the real issue is the cuisines themselves. Look at cuisines from most wine drinking places. They favor herbs over spices, they rarely use chili peppers and they rarely put sweet and savory flavors together. Even the use of acid in the food is restrained. This allows a dry wine to provide the acid component of the meal, without clashing against any sweetness or hot pepper heat.

Wine gets much more difficult to pair against foods that balance acid, spice and a hint of sweetness. Dry wines especially run into trouble. Lighter off dry wines can work well, but those are not to everyone's taste. Many of us would rather just have a beer in that situation.
>>
>>7246141
But spices are fine, there are plenty of wines that can stand up to chiles, anise, black pepper, and other flavors you might be worried about. The most challenging thing is probably vinegar and that's only found in some dishes. The reason for your misconception is that traditionally wine drinking cultures have had more time to figure out traditional pairings, and outside that context people tend to think of wine as "fancy" and therefore not worth "risking" with what they perceive to be cheap greasy late night food... shitty pub grub with a brown people flair, basically.
>>
>>7246124

>muh grapes
>muh...

Oh yeah, it's just fucking grapes.
>>
a lot of times I just order a seltzer, something ginger ale or a beer. prefer craft beer to bud type stuff.
>>
>>7246169
>The most challenging thing is probably vinegar and that's only found in some dishes
I'd say sugar plays an even bigger role in making pairings difficult, especially with Asian food. Sweet food against dry wine is tough, because it makes the wine taste sour.
>people tend to think of wine as "fancy"
I don't know any people like this. Most folks I know have wine with meals. It's just that today people eat a wider variety of foods from different cuisines than ever before. That's why somms have been pushing pinot noir so hard over the last decade - it has a decent chance of pairing well with the random assortment of dishes that are going to hit a table that may be splitting one bottle of wine. But even a good Burgundy is going to struggle against a savory dish where sugar and chili are playing off each other. Add an acid component and you've really got a challenge. At that point I'd rather have a beer.

Sometimes beer is just a better fit. I'll give you a perfect example: the modern tapas joint. While tapas originated as an accompaniment to wine in the modern tapas place you might have a seafood dish, a deep fried dish, some cheese and charcuterie then wrap things up with a bacon wrapped date or some shit like that. If you're just having a glass of wine regardless of what you choose (except maybe a brut champagne) it's going to clash with one or more of the dishes. A beer will go with all of them.
>>
>>7245801
>pony outside of /mlp
MOOOOOOOOOOODS!
>>
>>7246244
>not drinking fino sherry with your tapas
It's like you don't even like food
>>
>>7246283
That's actually a cat. Where are the hoove?
>>
>>7246321
Cat's don't have hooove.
>>
>>7246321
Think of all the times you've made fresh cat. You ever have to cut the hoof off? No? Cats don't have hooves.
>>
>>7246330
I know, I was asking the accuser where the hooves are in that image, because if there is a pony in that image, there must also be hooves. In other words, I was asking him for the prooves.
>>
>>7246290
Fino sherry goes great with jamon serrano, some roasted almonds and maybe a nibble of manchego. It'll be more of a challenge against the chorizo braised in red wine and any non cured red meat dish. It's gonna taste like shit against that bacon wrapped date.

I appreciate aged, fortified, oxidized white wine as much as the next guy, but it does not pair with everything on a modern tapas menu.
>>
>>7246336
Kek. Also, the eyes and mouth are Rarity's.
>>
>>7246362
it's actually glimglam, get your facts straight family
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Ze0-cQVVaGE/maxresdefault.jpg
>>
>>7246371
O.O I genuinely was not expecting anything less than pure spergrage. Any pony cooks around?
>>
>>7246387
I'm not entirely sure what you're insinuating or asking with this post
>>
>>7246283
That's a cat.
Either lurk moar or go back to reddit
>>
>>7246435
How does lurking more help with cat identification skills?
>>
>>7246431
Just wondering if any cu/cks were also ponyfags. Be interesting to see board crossover ratio
>>
>>7246458
it's higher than one might think for any given board
>>
>>7246454

It doesn't he's just being an ass.
>>
and the pony fags have taken over good job guys
>>
>>7245801
>instead of like soda or beer
Kind of subtle, I guess.
>>
>>7246578
What?
>>
>>7246188
Lots of wine is also aged in an oak barrel, that makes it fermented wood and grapes juice.
>>
>>7246124
>a drink that's been made for nearly 10,000 years is a gimmicky meme

What the fuck?
>>
>>7246714
People figured out wine aged well in barrels basically through thousands of years of trial and error. It wasn't always oak barrels, and it still isn't oak barrels for a lot of wines. Not only concrete and steel, but sometimes plastic barrels, sometimes chestnut, sometimes terra cotta. Of course beerfags don't know that. But oak, in addition to having tannins that go great with some grape tannins, also has a great image, and it's that image that beer neckbeards lap up because they have a chip on their shoulder about wine being "the classy drink" for some stupid reason, and for some stupid reason they feel that wine and beer need to compete with one another (mostly, because they are intimidated by wine, and feel that they should fight on beer's behalf to "muscle into wine's territory" or some shit)

Anyway, so they take the shallow trappings of "fine things" (sommeliers^H^H^H^H^Hcicerones, oak barrels, special glassware, aged bottlings, and most lulzy of all, VINtage years (oblivious to the etymology), knowing nothing about why these are actually a thing for wine, only that they confer much-needed gravitas to their shamefully pedestrian drinking habits.

So yeah. Just stop that. If you like beer, great. I like beer too. Let's just stop pretending it somehow needs to be "classed up", and least of all spammed with fashion tokens aped comically by people who have no idea what they're doing or why.
>>
>>7245801
People get the idea that you're either cheap or poor and that's why you're skimping out on soda.

I've gotten this from friends when we eat out somewhere.
Maybe I just don't feel like accompanying my meal with sugary water?

Seriously tho, if you're eating out, there's no point in drinking water because the shit you're about to eat is unhealthy for you anyway.
>>
I may order a beer but I'll also get a jug of water fir the tabke
>>
>>7247111
Plenty of beer brew books recommend using a barrel as an FV , there's also a drink called whiskey that's perfected the use of it also, many good whiskeys now use ex wine barrels for the ageing process.
God damn wine snobs intimidated by the rise of craft beer
And success of it also.
>>
>>7247206
k
>>
>>7247160
>Seriously tho, if you're eating out, there's no point in drinking water because the shit you're about to eat is unhealthy for you anyway.
That's the attitude I take at the pub. If I've had a couple of beers, there's no point moderating my intake because the alcohol I already drank was bad for me anyway.
>>
>>7246124
>muh grapes
>muh barrels
>muh terroir
Settle down jr you can have your Welch's soon enough.
>>
>>7247248
>intimidated by

On the contrary, I've always drank both, people like you pretend they are in a fight because you are too insecure to ask the staff for a wine suggestion, you are the kind of person who posts threads on /ck/ asking what drink to order so you don't look like a sperg. Normal people see alcoholic beverages as something to enjoy, not to freak out about image like your average pretentious beerfag. Yes, pretentious. As in, "attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed." By means of autistically obsessing over what will impress the people you drink with and what will hopefully not make you look like a fag because you're definitely no fag.

>craft beer

You mean beer
>>
>>7245832
get a load of this faggot
>>
>>7245832
kek
>>
>>7247160
>skimping out on soda.
I only know a handful of adults who drink soda. Must be a regional thing.
>>
>>7247111
You are so pedantic it hurts.
I actually agree with you but still find you utterly insufferable. I feel bad for people that have to talk to you in real life.
>>
>>7247479
hmm yes
pedantic
>>
>>7247479
>implying I surround myself in real life with the kind of people I run into on 4chan
Buddy this place is like a safari. It's great to gawk at the freakshow for cheap laughs, but it's hard to talk to people like this when you're flying 39,000 feet above them.
>>
File: kill yourself..jpg (34 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
kill yourself..jpg
34 KB, 400x400
>>7247520
This is some cringe right here.
Honestly can't even count on both hands how many times I've seen some idiot put themselves above everyone else browsing the same website he does.
>>
File: grosling_grocery_shopping.jpg (56 KB, 435x580) Image search: [Google]
grosling_grocery_shopping.jpg
56 KB, 435x580
>>7247533
>some idiot put themselves above everyone else browsing the same website he does
Oh like you're doing now?
>>
>>7247549
Nope. I'm only putting myself above you because there's clear evidence in this thread that what that implies is true.
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.