[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>order stuff off google express >don't look too closely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_0610.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0610.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
>order stuff off google express
>don't look too closely at what you're buying
>get your bottle the next day
>use it
>everything tastes like garlic now because you accidentally got pic related instead of actual olive oil

Any good uses for this stuff cu/ck/s?
>>
pls don't bully me about the rotation with your stupid fucking image. It looked properly aligned in the file viewer.
>>
Who cares, I want to know what the fuck that slav liquor is
>>
>>7230501
It's unrefined sunflower oil.
>>
>>7230490
Good luck with it, co/ck/ su/ck/er motherfu/ck/er
>>
>>7230499
Turn off auto-rotate so you'll know your images are gay before posting.
>>
>>7230503
What do you use it for?

Also, I don't see what's wrong with everything tasting like garlic. Serve it over pasta with some grated parmesan and a salad.
>>
I guess just anything that uses garlic, except don't add garlic. Lots of recipes start off by frying garlic in oil. then adding onion and other spices. Don't even need to be following a recipe, it's just a stock standard way to pan fry stuff. Do that, but without using garlic.
>>
>>7230691
I use the sunflower oil on various grains (mix it with oats, buckwheat, barley), salads, and potatoes (both boiled and fried). It's got a pretty distinctive flavor and smell when unrefined. Its smoke point is too low to use for anything heat-related though.

I don't cook must pasta, but I'll have to try the garlic oil on it. Didn't like it very much on salad desu.
>>
>>7230696
I'll try frying in it. I don't use olive oil for frying because of the smoke thing. Maybe it'll be ok though with the garlic mixed in.
>>
>>7230703
I mean, frying oil doesn't even have to be that hot. The maillard reaction occurs at 250 degrees or so.
>>
>>7230715
I tried using olive oil a few times for frying, and it did smoke considerably earlier than regular oil. I'll try turning down the heat.
>>
>>7230490

hummus yo

maybe salad dressings

emulsify it with lemon juice for lazy garlic aioli

also put it in your tomato sauce
>>
>>7230747
You could boil them so you don't have to cook them through in the fryer.
>>
>>7230800
I like the hummus and tomato sauce ideas. I didn't like it so much on my salad today. Also good call on the lemon.

>>7230821
I don't think I can start boiling stuff in addition to frying it just so I can use my meme oil.
>>
>>7230490
Aw, that's too bad, anon. Well, use it up the best you can. Keeping it in the fridge will keep it fresh longer. But order another bottle of the regular California Olive Ranch oil, it's good stuff. I live near there, (and other local olive oil producers) and that's what I buy.
The only flavored olive oils I use are from an orchard up the road from me that grows olives and citrus, and they make their own mandarin olive oil and meyer lemon olive oil, so I use those for salads of all kinds, fish, seafood, and poultry dishes.
>>
>>7230490
garlic olive oil? enjoy your botulinum toxins brah
>>
>>7230996
I think that's only if you make it yourself.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.