[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Olive Oil
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: oilive_oil640_istock.jpg (49 KB, 876x493) Image search: [Google]
oilive_oil640_istock.jpg
49 KB, 876x493
So you always hear that europe exports their shit olive oil for america. Are there any decent brands left that you can get from the supermarket? Should I be looking at californian oil?
>>
>>7227902
>Should I be looking at californian oil?
Apparently yes you should according to ATK:
https://www.cooksillustrated.com/taste_tests/1637-supermarket-extra-virgin-olive-oil
>>
File: OLV-10400-4.jpg (195 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
OLV-10400-4.jpg
195 KB, 1600x1600
>>7227902
I am a fan of this stuff.
>>
>>7227902
>olive oil

Olive oil is the biggest fucking meme food that has been memeing for centuries....it is complete garbage to cook with..
>>
>>7227926
it's good enough for gordon ramsay
>>
>>7227926
While I agree it's inferior to cook with, it's great for a condiment.
>>
>>7227927
>gordon ramsay
fuck off with that hack of a meme chef

That silly cunt has started using sirchia as an ingredient in some of his mains
>>
>>7227926
>Olive oil is the biggest fucking meme food that has been memeing for centuries....it is complete garbage to cook with..
Ohhh, I love a olive oil fried egg. Heavenly. Also baby artichokes fried in olive oil are frizzled and yummy.
>>
>>7227935
That's the power of suggestion, not some superior flavor or quality to the oil. You're cooking the flavor out of it at those temps.

>>7227902
I don't think you'd find a good quality European brand at a normal supermarket, but the pleb-tier ones can still be okay, and higher end supermarkets sometimes have some good ones. You can get good olive oil at specialty shops, or at least basic mid-tier olive oils at middle eastern grocers. Europeans typically export expired oil, fake olive oil (canola oil with microscopic bits of olive for flavor), or improperly labeled oil (Tunisian olives listed as grown in Sicily, or standard olive oil listed as extra virgin). The more corrupt the country of export, the more likely it is to be fraudulent in some way, like Italian olive oil is guaranteed to be bogus, while French is likelier to just be too old. (Not too old for US regulations, but too old for European regulations, which is why dump it on Amerifats).
>>
>>7227914
I swear to god, the Trader Joe's brand of California olive oil is this brand but in a different bottle. They taste exactly the same.
>>
>>7227902
>>7227963
I like trader joes California olive oil.
>>
>be me
>mum lives in a mountain town in Italy
>they produce an oil that's been voted best in the country
>she brings me 3l cans of their best cooking oil and dipping oil
>feels good
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.