[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /ck/, I just moved into a new apartment with an unfurnished
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: induction.png (599 KB, 610x599) Image search: [Google]
induction.png
599 KB, 610x599
Hello /ck/, I just moved into a new apartment with an unfurnished kitchen.

I've decided to put a sweet induction stovetop in there. I'm wondering:

1. How much power do I want from it? The cheapest tops tend to have ~2 kW, the expensive ones 3 kW+.

2. What are some brand recommendations in Europe? I mean, all of the advice I can find online is very US/North American-centric, despite the fact that euroland is where induction has the biggest presence.
>>
>>7227507
get gas instead
>>
>>7227521
No gas connection here... otherwise that would have been my choice.
>>
>>7227536
watch out, cheap induction stovetops really suck ass.
you should def. try them out before shopping and be it only the handling.
>>
File: 6151_000000000007702370.jpg (29 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
6151_000000000007702370.jpg
29 KB, 700x500
I have a Miele induction stovetop, which generally works well, but the digital touch interface is really slow and unresponsive. I don't know if these exist, but if in any way possible, try to get one with physical knobs/buttons, OP.
>>
Induction is a shitty meme heat source. Even shitty electric coils work better, save money and get literally anything else.
>>
>>7227507
Get maximum power. Anything not gas has shit power so you better get the most out of it.
>>
>>7228402
I'm using a 10€ iron wok on my induction stove and that fucker heats up like crazy. It starts smoking within seconds. I previously lived in a place with gas and the induction tends to heat faster + you can leave stews at low temperature unattended for a while without worrying.
>>
>>7227507
>How much power do I want from it?
the one I have here produces around 3,1kW per "burner", with 4 "burners", and is limited to something like 7,2kW
>What are some brand recommendations in Europe?
go to IKEA, get one of these that go for more than €300
they're well worth it
>>7227521
then you'd have to spend 5 times as much time to clean it at least
unless you find a gas stove with a flat surface, but that way you'd be lowering the efficiency by a fair bit
>>
>>7227507

I'd recommend a commercial model. Search a restaurant supply website to find a heavy duty one.
>>
>>7228878
Aren't those usually too large for regular kitchens?
>>
>>7227536
You can get bottles supplied, but that does get pricey. Worth looking into, regardless.

>>7228373
That's not true. Temperature shifts on electric coil is way too slow.
>>
>>7228373
Poor soul, continue using your little coils while the European master race dominates the field of cooking
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.