[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Five Guys Review
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: 20160102_123856.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20160102_123856.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
So I had Five Guys for the first time.

Their food is good and all and I really liked their choice of music, but man, I don't think I'll be going there again for one simple reason:

The price!!!

Their food is better than McDonald's and all that but...

> Fast food quality (maybe a little better than average but it's certainly closer to fast food than sit-down restaurant).
> Fast food serving style.
> Fast food atmosphere.

So what's with the $15 meals?

Also /FiveGuys/ general
>>
You got memed
>>
>>7225240
>shameless marketing

Mods
>>
File: qfhbZ.jpg (504 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
qfhbZ.jpg
504 KB, 3264x2448
>>7225245
>people talk about popular things
>MUST BE SHILLS!
>>
>>7225245
There is food posted on the food and cooking board
>>
>>7225245

How is it 'marketing' to bash something?

Are you saying I'm shilling for McDonald's by saying that Five Guys is overpriced?

The paranoia on chans is ridiculous.
>>
>>7225269
>criticism, even self-criticism, is never used in advertisements
>humor and reverse psychology is never used in marketing

Keep trying to hide the fact that you're here on a marketing campaign. It's obvious.
>>
>>7225240
I agree. Great burgers and fries as far as fast food goes but not even close to being worth the price. They're still better than In n Out though.
>>
Love the burgers, fries taste like shit though. More expensive than it's worth.
>>
>>7225240
Shake Shack has better standard burgers and shakes than In-n-Out. Five Guys has the best fries. In-n-Out has a superior secret menu. McDonalds is shit.
>>
>>7225336
>secret menu.

When will this meme end?
>>
It is overpriced, but I think Five Guys is the best fast-casual burger joint out there. Their cajun fries are fucking great too.
>>
>>7225349
>be mcdonalds employee
>get asked for McAssFuckGangBang
>Politely inform the customer McAssFuckGangBang is not an item on the menu, but if they would explain to me what the individual items were I could place the order for them
>They start cussing me out
>Go and get manager
>He listens to them
>winks at me
>takes a big mac from under the heater, wipes off the sauce and takes out middle bun, puts a cheeseburger inbetween it and farts on it
>sends out the order
>>
They are obsessed with peanuts. You get a huge thing of free peanuts just walking in, and then they fry the fries in peanut oil. (I got a shitload of fries, they filled the cup and like 1/4 of the bag)
>>
>>7225301
>there are people retarded enough to think that national and multi-national companies pay people to shill on tahitian anime forums
>>
>>7225401
>there are people retarded enough to think that national and multi-national companies won't pay people to shill on tahitian anime forums

ftfy
>>
File: 1443031809796.gif (1 MB, 251x199) Image search: [Google]
1443031809796.gif
1 MB, 251x199
>>7225301
i'm real tired of faggots like you who have to ruin a board as simple as this
>>
File: 1432162642704.png (84 KB, 396x400) Image search: [Google]
1432162642704.png
84 KB, 396x400
>>7225240

how poorfag can you possibly be?
>>
>>7225641
>not wanting to pay $15 for a shitty burger

Not the same anon but I wouldn't pay for that shit. I can go to my neighborhood pub and get something better plus a few beers for $20.
>>
>>7225240
5guys is pretty good. Its much better than fast food, almost like a burger joint. Since they're basically short order cooks.

I'd eat there semi-regularly if I lived within a few miles of one. Though, the price is pretty brutal. Best to get 'the works' so that your expenditure is somewhat worthwhile
>>
Their fries are great. I don't eat there much since Farmer Boys opened up down the street. I eat Five Guys once every few months since whenever I crave a $10 burger I just buy a pound of ground beef at my local butcher and make 4 burgers myself.
>>
Buy a grill cheese (3.50) add a patty (1.90) add free toppings cheap and better than a soggy ass bun. Always order your frys well done.
>>
>>7225240
For me it only costs a bit more then wendys, so I still go there.
>>
>>7225628
>board is ruined by the truth
>board is simple

5 guys is good stuff. I'd pay for the burgers. It's not like I eat burgers everyday. Besides, there aren't too many options when it comes to quality fast food joints like these. There's In-N-Out, Shake Shack, 5 Guys, Habit, The Counter, etc. Not that many and the number of options vary in different states.
>>
Five Guys blows, especially for the price. I'd rather go to McDonald's and get some shit off the dollar menu.
>>
>>7225336
mcdonalds has the best coupons though

i can get two big macs for the price of one. that's lunch AND dinner for like $6
>>
This what I get when I go for fast food.

Burger King - Whoppers
McDonald's - Chicken McNuggets
Wendy's - Chilli
KFC - Bucket of Chicken
Popeye's - Box of Chicken
Any pizza place - pizza, Italian sub, steak and cheese
>>
>>7225240
McDonald's > Five Guys
>>
>>7226876
You can always save those $6 and use them for better quality food, rather than taking the fast track to indigestion and diarrheal spouts.
Also, you can get barbecue sauce for your burgers at 5 guys and cajun fries.
>>
You want expensive. Try some fried clams whole with the bellies. One large order cost $37.
>>
>>7225240

>fast food quality/atmosphere
>literally takes ten/fifteen minutes to make the food
>$10-15 if you get fries and a drink

its good, sure, but definitely not something I eat weekly
>>
>>7226889
Black person detected.
>>
>>7226889
Seriously. If 5 Goys is so good why isn't it everywhere?
>>
Five Guys started in Washington DC where everyone is rich and doesn't blink at spending $25+ on every single meal. Rich people are everywhere so they just cater to this market as they expand. All the Five Guys locations are in well-off upper-middle class predominantly white neighborhoods, so it gives the misleading impression that it's what the average person should shell on a burger.

It's good, but In 'n' Out is 100x better in pretty much every way.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.