[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I work as a cook in Russia. Ask y questions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: T1DrMbNiWgM.jpg (34 KB, 550x368) Image search: [Google]
T1DrMbNiWgM.jpg
34 KB, 550x368
I work as a cook in Russia. Ask y questions
>>
>How does one make Russian dumplings?

The only Russian girl I know posted some pictures of those she made for the first time on Facebook the other day?

>What food do you consume for orthodox Christmas?
>>
Are blue jeans still a big thing over there?
>>
>>7224695
Why do you like sour cream so much?
>>
Why doesn't Russia have any tasty baked goods or desserts
>>
>>7224704
its very easy to do - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=on4GK04GDVw

No preference
>>
>>7224714
>Why do you like sour cream so much?
Why do you like nut butter so much?
>>7224717
We are behind in cooking
>>
>>7224721
>No preference
So you don't have anything specific like turkey or goose like most European countries and the US have as tradition for their version of Christmas.

I suppose that's because Christmas was banned till recently, your not missing much, turkey is just bad chicken. Can't speak for Goose though.
>>
>>7224730
>So you don't have anything specific like turkey or goose like most European countries and the US have as tradition for their version of Christmas.
>I suppose that's because Christmas was banned till recently, your not missing much, turkey is just bad chicken. Can't speak for Goose though.
We do not attach much importance to Christmas
>>
>>7224711
I'd like to know this too
I was thinking of retiring from my job and buying thousands of dollars of Bob Dylan cassette tapes and Levis, and trading them for Sukhoi jets, platinum mines, and nubile young women. Is this a good plan?
>>
I'm interested in. How much money will earn a cook?
>>
>>7224695
Do you serve pelmeni? My babushka would make them for me all the time.
>>
>>7224740
Who is Bob Dylan? He is american cook?
>>
>>7224743
Yes. Several species
>>
Is Putin really as short as he looks on TV?
>>
>>7224754
>several species
Do you mean different meat fillings?

Also what about piroshki, do you have those?
>>
>>7224749
He is a Jew singer from America, very popular with the teenagers of USSR
>>
>>7224756
>Do you mean different meat fillings?

Yes. With meat, cherries, potatoes, cheese

>Also what about piroshki, do you have those?

Yep.
>>
>>7224758
i know. I was joking
>>
>>7224762
share recipe pls
>>
>>7224695
I heard there is a hooters in moscow, have you been? Also I hears no one eats out a lot, is this true?
>>
Does in mother Russia food cook you?
>>
do you have a recipe for borschtsch or the pork dish that gorbachov ate silently?
>>
File: 1351132500172.jpg (62 KB, 604x402) Image search: [Google]
1351132500172.jpg
62 KB, 604x402
Does your restaurant have tables, or do all your customers just squat in circles and wear tracksuits?
>>
>>7224695
Why do Russians have to cover everything with dill?
>>
>>7224695
best recipe for Shchi/Schtschi? looking for the green kind
>>
>>7224740
One of my uncles from Mexico actually bought up a shit load of Levi jeans when he went to the olympics in Moscow. Made his money back, paid for the trip and made quite a bit of cash in the process.
>>
>>7224743
>pelmeni
that's how it's spelled? wow i've been imagining it wrong this whole time when hearing the word
>>
Is Russia's alcoholism problem as bad as it's cracked up to be, and if so, what kinds of food do russians normally go for after a night of hard drinking? eating stupidly unhealthy food while drunk is one of my favorite things so i'm curious what drunken fatasses in other countries do.
>>
File: 1439440307606.jpg (3 KB, 125x93) Image search: [Google]
1439440307606.jpg
3 KB, 125x93
>>7224905
>>
>>7224998
Potatoes, boiled eggs and pickles.
>>
>>7224695
how do you make the perfect plov?
>>
>>7224717
They do? I know a local Russian lady sells Russian recipe baked goods and they're good
>>
>>7227032
You realize plov is just rice pilaf with some meat in it? It's not even Russian. They just appropriated it from the Uzbeks.
>>
File: a20160106.jpg (255 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
a20160106.jpg
255 KB, 1024x1024
Can you may siu mai?
>>
>>7224695
You know anything about different borscht styles? It's different regionally, I think. Also, can you tell me any about mushrooms in Russian food? Seems mushroom hunting is traditionally popular in Russia.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.