[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, /ck/, I amazingly received a kitchen aid stand mixer and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
Hey, /ck/, I amazingly received a kitchen aid stand mixer and a food processor for Christmas. What the fuck do I make?
>>
1. You're a girl.
2. Macarons, you stupid girl. Even though it's 2016, you still think they're the second coming of jesus.

Seriously I don't know what it is with you girls and your dumb stand mixers. But hey, I guess us guys have our weeb knives, so there's that.
>>
>>7220754

>stand mixers are for girls

Do you even cook?
>>
>>7220754
>assuming people's gender based on gifts they've received
>making further assumptions based on neckbeard logic
you sure are perceptive
>>
>>7220766
I think you mean "do you even bake". Yeah, I bake, occasionally. You may bake occasionally too, young lady. Or you won't, but it doesn't matter. As long as you can instagram pictures of your cupcake^H^H^H^H^H^Hmacaron machine for all to see, it's fine, right? Just dust occasionally so it looks like you use it.

If you want to be a real genuine KA owner, get a bunch of silpats and make macarons every weekend. Throw out 95% of them and instagram the ones that came out perfect. Then throw those out because it goes straight to your thighs, OMG.
>>
>>7220776

>a stand mixer is only for baking

Just fuck off, you're obviously trolling at this point.
>>
pizza dough and other breads. put that dough hook to work
>>
>>
>>7220782
Even the boston globe agrees with me
https://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyle/style/2012/08/22/the-strange-allure-stand-mixer/JpMROzOG3qi6HDetHOtwhP/story.html

Sorry sweet cheeks, but you're not as "unique" as you think
>>
File: 30425_apricot_meringue_pie-2.jpg (462 KB, 3000x2000) Image search: [Google]
30425_apricot_meringue_pie-2.jpg
462 KB, 3000x2000
>>7220748
Congratulations OP!

>>7220789
Also baked custards/cheesecakes, and meringues. Put that balloon whisk to use whipping egg whites.
>>
>>7220789
I get a lot of happiness kneading pizza dough. Bread is a great idea, too.

>>7220804
Meringues are a great idea partly because I've literally never had meringue.

>>7220795
Chowder is on Netflix now. That show makes me feel sick. It's got the color palette of a little Caesar's pizza.
>>
>>7220804
Lucky you, avoid eating it and keep the illusion of it being good. Because it tastes like shit.
>>
>>7220800
Kill yourself as soon as possible
>>
Guys, just stop responding to him.
>>
File: 16733600457_58ee520f2d_c.jpg (249 KB, 534x800) Image search: [Google]
16733600457_58ee520f2d_c.jpg
249 KB, 534x800
OP you're new Kitchenaid with the paddle attachment is perfect to power through a thick granola bar batter after you mix in a bunch of different kinds of nuts, oats, chocolate chunks, dried fruits, etc.

Hand mixers will choke on that usually.
>>
I wanted one, and thankfully a kind family member got me one.

I plan to make cookies, breads, and the occasional cake.
>>
>>7220924
The shitty trolling has gotten really bad on this board over the past week. I guess people have had a bad Christmas.

I don't mind good trolling, but saying something retarded and then continuing to insist on that retarded thing is just dull and a waste of everybody's time, including your own.
>>
>>7220950
Oh granola sounds awesome!
>>
http://whatscookingamerica.net/Eggs/GermanPancake.htm

with green apples sauteed in butter and brown sugar
>>
>>7220754
What are you, some kind of moron?? Everyone who cooks and/or bakes should own a stand mixer. Male or female. AND they should also have good kitchen knives. AND they should also have at least one cast iron skillet and dutch oven. AND they should have a couple of carbon steel pans. AND stainless stockpots. AND.....you get the idea. You're fucking retarded.
>>
>What the fuck do I make?

Any kind of batter.
>>
>>7220748
If you don't have a bread hooker attachment for that shit GET ONE. Fucking bread machine. Also the pasta attachment. You can make fresh pasta easy peasy.
>>
File: 52427ae3c5f6a_268595b.jpg (273 KB, 1500x1125) Image search: [Google]
52427ae3c5f6a_268595b.jpg
273 KB, 1500x1125
>>7223068
>>7223068
For recipes, this is what I recommend. it literally has the most basic recipes for different pastas for different applications clearly explained. Other versions I've looked at aren't as good and other books aren't as easy to read. If you really want from-scratch pasta, this has been my go-to guide and I Quite honestly haven't found a better book.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.