[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw cut the shit out of my hand trying to cut bread for a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: cutfinger3.gif (2 MB, 548x328) Image search: [Google]
cutfinger3.gif
2 MB, 548x328
>tfw cut the shit out of my hand trying to cut bread for a ham sandwich
W-Why didn't you tell me cooking was so dangerous, /ck/?
>>
Your knife isn't sharp enough.
>>
Making s sandwich isn't cooking. You don't call the employees at Subway "cooks."
>>
>>7218114
That's because they're artists
>>
>>7218114
they're sandwich artists
>>
>>7218092
bread knives are dangerous, man
>>
File: ;_;.gif (3 MB, 740x416) Image search: [Google]
;_;.gif
3 MB, 740x416
>>7218119
I was using a regular knife
>>
File: 1107food.gif (55 KB, 250x300) Image search: [Google]
1107food.gif
55 KB, 250x300
>>
>>7218123
GENIUS
>>
Burnt my hand yesterday getting something out of the oven. Ruined my day, I was pissed off for hours.

Cooking is dangerous.
>>
>>7218140
>Ruined my day, I was pissed off for hours
Are you twelve?
>>
>>7218114
Is someone being paid to shill subways on here? I've seen them mentioned like 10 times in the last few days.
>>
If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen.
>>
>>7218715
or just like open a window
>>
File: gambeson_gambesons_1[1].jpg (48 KB, 218x300) Image search: [Google]
gambeson_gambesons_1[1].jpg
48 KB, 218x300
>>7218123
I hate this dumb shit that passes for "historical accuracy" these days.

Medieval soldiers always wore padding beneath chainmail while cutting their steaks. That way, besides defending against the cut itself, they were also defended against the blunt force of the steak knife.

pic related, a gambeson
>>
>>7218123
>autism gloves
>>
I accidentally severed my right leg trying to stick my elbow in my ear.
>>
>>7219326
We are supposed to wear those at work
>>
>>7219325
Kek
>>
>>7219325
lamellar > chain mail
>>
>>7219325
Wouldn't defend against Japanese knives, folded over 1000 times.
>>
>>7218156
>2nd most popular fast food chain in America gets mentioned relatively often on board dedicated to discussing food
>hurr they must be shilling
>>
>>7218092
I know what you mean. I just had my knife sharpened and I was drunk as fuck and don't have muscle memory to protect me and marked myself up pretty bad.

I wont go and buy a chainmail glove just because I almost mandolined my fingertip though. Learn from your mistakes.
>>
>>7218092
Daily reminder dull knives are more dangerous than sharp knives
>>
>>7219722
Total meme
>>
>>7218092
>figure out where the blade is going to fall or where it could fall
>keep your hand away from there
>hold the knife and object firmly
???
>profit
>>
>>7219732
nope

dull means you need to use more force and put your fingers closer to the blade

a fuckin recipe for disaster
>>
>>7218092
5 minutes into my shift at my first job I sliced my thumb like in op
>>
>>7218123
Imagine strangling someone with those
>>
>>7219742
You don't need to. You just will if you're stupid.
>>
>>7219753
Bare hands work better for strangulation.
>>
>>7218092
You're the guy who needs a sign that says coffee in their cup is hot and you don't eat the little package in your beef jerky aren't you OP?
>>
>needing stitches for that cut

what a faggot
>>
I have had 4 major cuts on my fingers over the years. Nearly chopped off the tip of my thumb once, the skin was loose and I was debating whether to cut it all off or let it heal. It healed but I have no feeling in that piece of the thumb.

I have also had countless cuts here and there on my hands. A little blood doesn't worry me any more. That chopped off thumb though, nearly fainted that time :/
>>
>>7219920
You can't staple it. The rules for staples is no nose, penis, fingers or toes.
>>
>>7219753
>>7219753
slightly arousing to imagine though, especially if they put up.a.good struggle
>>
>>7219946
So just clamp it with your teeth until it coagulates.
>>
>>7220006
>>
>>7220010
or use glue
>>
>>7218123
I remember as a kid my dad worked at a butcher and has these and I would always steal them and pretend to be a knight.
I was a stupid kid.
>>
>>7220010
Sutures
>>
>>7219946
>not stapling your penis
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.