[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Aging?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
/ck/

I picked up a bottle of this today. I haven't yet had it because I have only recently decided I feel like spending $11 on a bottle of beer.

I've always read you should let it age. Is that necessary? Because I'm impatient. How much do I miss if I just drink it in the next couple of days?

Thank you for your advice.
>>
>>7213313
I personally don't have any experience with beers like that but I think you should go ahead and drink it. Get some first impressions and then buy a few more. Let them age and then try them at different points in the process. If you're really interested, take notes on each tasting and form an opinion that way
>>
Not necessary, probably gets a little better as it ages, but its perfectly fine to drink right away. If you got a couple of them I would suggest drinking one right away and aging the other
>>
>>7213328
Honestly, this makes sense, and I should have just thought of it on my own. If I don't drink it fresh, I'll have no way of gauging it aged, so it's not worth the wait.

Unless someone can tell me that it just hits a whole new tier of amazing.
>>
File: Utopias-Comp2-2.jpg (167 KB, 403x403) Image search: [Google]
Utopias-Comp2-2.jpg
167 KB, 403x403
>>7213313

>$11 for one beer

You're cute.

I buy this every year, it's amazing.

http://blog.samueladams.com/2015-utopias/
>>
>>7213546
inb4 that guy who posts the picture for ants with the guy with sunglasses
>>
I say just drink it now

I'd also recommend buying another bottle and aging that for a year but that's up to you

Aging some Ten Fidy myself
>>
>>7213561
*for a year or more
>>
>>7213313
>Is that necessary?
not at all
it's potentially counterproductive if anything
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.