[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else here work in a local restaurant? Can we share
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: 20151103_155459.jpg (824 KB, 1836x3264) Image search: [Google]
20151103_155459.jpg
824 KB, 1836x3264
Does anyone else here work in a local restaurant?
Can we share stories about this?
Do you have pictures by chance?
What's the atmosphere like in the place?
What's it like to work there, along with what kind of work you do there and what the rules are like?

Most importantly, what kind of food are you helping to make?

And remember, no Micky D's or Taco Bell stories. LOCAL stuff.
>>
1.Yes
2.I suppose
3.No why would I want to remember my shitty time
4.Prison meets tv drama meets bitchy basic white girls.
5.Shitty. double standards , bosses friends can do w.e..as per rules...w.e the bosses passively aggressively massed text to everyone, posted a sign on wall but never told anyone.
6.Baked goods as well as savory stuff.
>>
>>7211465
>3.No why would I want to remember my shitty time
Sorry to hear that? I'm having a blast where I work.

>5.Shitty. double standards , bosses friends can do w.e..as per rules...w.e the bosses passively aggressively massed text to everyone, posted a sign on wall but never told anyone.
Well that's lame. People at my work actually communicate, it's pretty great and I think it makes everything work better.
>>
>>7211465

you sound like a sour patch faggot
>>
>>7211625
lel.
>>
every restaurant is a "local" restaurant

>even jfk's assassination was a regional event
>>
File: HGI_Grappa_Restaurant.jpg (744 KB, 1800x1200) Image search: [Google]
HGI_Grappa_Restaurant.jpg
744 KB, 1800x1200
Yes

Uhhhhm, not real interesting. One dude wrote a troll yelp review about a bris being performed in our private dining room, was pretty kek.

Pic related is our floor

Shitty, pseudo-trendy, lots of obnoxious italian bitches and some university asians that never tip. Think SOTOSOPA from south park. annoying music. Echo-y.

I bus dishes and run room service. Rules are standard corporate shit, we're in a hilton. It's fine.I hate most of the people I work with but I do my job so no one cares.

I don't make food, aside from bread and cookies, which I take from a freezer and bake.

We're "Italian Nouveau".Good pizzas, some pasta, steaks, salads are good.

Dessert chef is great at what he does

One of the "nicer" restaraunts in the city, but we're in upstate new york so that doesn't mean a whole lot.
>>
>>7212528
That place is fucking hideous 2bh
>>
File: 1414356072261.jpg (40 KB, 300x327) Image search: [Google]
1414356072261.jpg
40 KB, 300x327
>>7211452
>working at chinese restaurant
>take someone's leftovers
>pack it into box
>some of the chicken falls onto the floor
fuckit.jpg
>pick it up with my bare hands
>have a good night
>>
File: photo3jpg.jpg (29 KB, 338x450) Image search: [Google]
photo3jpg.jpg
29 KB, 338x450
>>7212542
it's like they crashed an allsaints into one of those kitschy souvenir shops. I don't fucking understand it. Apparently the decorators are really really good though. They're always in.
>>
>>7211625
You sound overly angered.
>>
>>7211452
>Yes up until the ski season finished
>Sure but all of my stories involve screaming internally at Indians
>Nyet
>Barely had one unless you call being on a snow covered active volcano 2020m above sea level
>Shit, distro is horribly useless, money was fucking awful, seriously understaffed and overworked. Only benefit was free skiing
>I worked the fry line which was surprisingly only the third most shit job
>>
>>7211837
I knew some retard would try to argue this.
>>
I work in a Mediterranean place, it's less Mediterranean more of a casual sit down restaurant.

It's a pretty cool place, there's plenty of work to do, but if you can do it right you can have fun.

Rules are pretty strict, nothing relaxed like working in some bar kitchen or a fast casual place.

I work the lunch shift, making apps and salads, but I do hope to do dinner once I'm ready.
>>
>>7214007
Dinner is rough where I work. It gets pretty slow but there's usually one big family that comes in a night and the dinners on our menu aren't timed properly which means people have to wait a bit, so if you fuck it up, it can get stressful.

But for the most part people where I work are pretty good at what they do and communicate properly. They're also an amusing group of people to be around anyhow, so it doesn't even feel like a real job sometimes.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.