[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I came across this premade vegan pizza dough. My partner is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6
File: 750_1443264307.jpg (139 KB, 2048x1375) Image search: [Google]
750_1443264307.jpg
139 KB, 2048x1375
So I came across this premade vegan pizza dough. My partner is vegan, never cooked a pizza before so I'm planning on making a pizza with half vegan cheese and half with regular cheese. Any tips as far as the sauce or anything I should know? Is it better to do no cheese than vegan cheese?
>>
>>7206818
>partner
>>
>>7206840

pretty much all vegans are okay with eating yeast.

>>7206818

ask your partner about vegan cheese. It's pretty gross and I don't ever buy it or care to eat it and a lot of people feel the same way. Also half and half is a terrible way and any "vegan" that would be okay with it is likely not a vegan so just go 100% real cheese.
>>
>>7206818
>Eat your partner or get a new one
Seriously though most vegan cheeses are horrible I would suggest not using it
>>
>>7206818
>my partner is vegan

Found the problem
>>
>>7206913
Honey in some or eggs
>>
>>7206854
What's bad about half and half? If we order a pizza we do half cheese and half no cheese and that hasn't been a problem.
>>
>>7206913
>>7206840
>>7206913

>thinking yeast is remotely like an animal product

Tell me you are all joking.
>>
Mildly off topic, why are Vegans against cheese? Cheese is basically the most benign animal food product that exists, an extension of a natural process the animal is going to go through anyway. It's very helpful to the animal to get milked, feels good like taking a leak.
>>
>>7206818
>premade vegan pizza dough

Eh? It's just flour, water, yeast and oil, why would you need a special vegan one?
>>
>>7207445
No egg (not that this type of dough would have egg, but don't tell Op shh)
>>
>>7207273
But... You give plants food too.
>>
>>7207460
Fun fact, Plants actually scream when you harvest them. Scientists have discovered they produce a subsonic noise that other plants can detect when destroyed or distressed.
>>
>>7207425
rennet
>>
vegans are nuts, they won't eat a pizza that's half and half. you have to make a vegan pizza and a regular pizza separately.
>>
>>7207472
Interesting! I did not know that.

Though supposedly vegetarian versions exist
>>
>>7207468
Source? Cause that sounds like a load of horse shit.
>>
>>7207523
google it, its not my job to educate you
>>
>>7207273

ugh i hate vegans. how can people not LOVE bacon XD it's so tasty
>>
>>7206818
I've been trying to get my wife's kids into veganism
>>
File: 1284592316757.jpg (12 KB, 479x360) Image search: [Google]
1284592316757.jpg
12 KB, 479x360
>partner is vegan

Why would you sign up for that hell
>>
File: 1450816974703.gif (2 MB, 237x240) Image search: [Google]
1450816974703.gif
2 MB, 237x240
>>7208014

are you 14?
>>
>>7206818
>partner is vegan
I've never heard of a vegan cop before
>>
File: asdasda.png (98 KB, 196x234) Image search: [Google]
asdasda.png
98 KB, 196x234
>>7208001
>>
>>7208023

Are you autistic?
>>
>>7206951
Who the fuck puts honey or eggs in pizza dough? Holy shit I hope you're trolling.
>>
>>7208110

Eggs, no.
Honey, yes.

Yeast metabolizes sugar you dumb ass.
>>
>>7208245

In a dough, it metabolizes natural sugars in the flour.

Extra sugar isn't necessary. In fact, adding extra sugar can affect the texture.
>>
>>7208253

>natural sugars in the flour
>300 mg PER CUP
>yeast requires between 2-3 GRAMS to efficiently activate

lol...
>>
>>7208312
>yeast requires between 2-3 GRAMS to efficiently activate
wouldn't that depend on the amount of yeast you're using? i make bread all the time without sugar and it rises just fine... LO!L...
>>
>>7208320

No reason? It changes the flavor profile you ninny. That's like saying "Oh hey, french fries taste fine, there's no reason to use condiments or add ketchup."
>>
File: itmelts.jpg (10 KB, 252x200) Image search: [Google]
itmelts.jpg
10 KB, 252x200
>>7206854

>vegan cheese

At least it melts.
>>
>>7208329
I'm from burgerland and even I don't want sweet pizza dough. And I don't use condiments because my food is good without it.
>>
>>7206818
so all pizza dough?
>>
daiya cheese melts really nicely i've had vegan pizza before and i kind of prefer it to regular pizzas. the cheese is so much creamier and not greasy. make pizza dough how you would normally make it. make the pasta sauce as well, dont use any canned sauces, top it off with daiya and some mushrooms maybe. i always used to make vodka sauce to use as pizza sauce and it was already really satisfying. i'd say if you're unsure of what sauce to make just find a good vodka sauce recipe and either omit the cream or use a vegan equivalent.
>>
File: 1232343223.jpg (105 KB, 460x281) Image search: [Google]
1232343223.jpg
105 KB, 460x281
Why do vegans think they have an "all natural" diet when literally every substitute vegan product for cheese, meat, milk et cetera are literally concocted by throwing together a bunch of chemicals and adding MSG to them?
>>
>>7208621
im vegan but i only eat veg and stuff like that. However, these cheeses and stuff arent really any different from any other diet. I dont eat vegan for health i do it to let the animals live
>>
>>7207758
Burden of proof on the accuser, faggot.
>>
>>7208621
>implying all vegans use substitute products
>>
>>7208312
>>yeast requires between 2-3 GRAMS to efficiently activate

What the fuck are you on about.

I never use sugar when making bread or pizza dough and the yeast works just fine.
>>
>>7208332
Vegan food analogies are so funny. There's so much existing good vegan food out there, but some of them insist on concocting this shit up like jungle people trying to make sticks and leaves look like phones and televisions.
>>
>>7206840
What is this meme photo that you post in every thread?
>>
>>7208110
Eggs and milk are in most American pizza's m8.
>>
>>7207468
>animals dont have feelings
>btw plants scream when you harvest them ;)
>>
>>7209353
>eggs in pizza dough
Is this real life?
>>
>>7209373
Americans put eggs and milk (and whey, which I didn't mention before) in fucking everything, regardless of it being needed or not.
>>
>>7209377
American home cooks? Institutional cooks? Chefs? Food manufacturers?
>>
>>7209384
>American home cooks
Like that'll ever happen.
>>
>>7209377
no we don't
>>7209385
insecure foreigner
>>
>>7209377
Wrong
>>
>>7209384
All pre-packaged or made foods, typically yes.
All home-cooks, if they aren't vegan, yes, the few who do usually use them.
Chefs often do as well, again, if not vegans.

If you don't believe me look into the ingredients and vegan menus of places. They put whey, caesin, milk, eggs, etc, in fucking everything.

>>7209391
>>7209405
Yes we fucking do.
It's disgusting. Find me cake or muffins even fresh-baked without them. Neither need it, in fact they usually bake better without not to mention are healthier and safer.

The most popular pre-packaged pizza crust (boboli) in America contains whey, milk casein, mozzarella cheese (milk, cheese cultures, salt and enzymes).
None of which are necessary or improve the crust whatsoever if you compare it to the smaller companies with even cheaper crusts and no animal products in it.
People are so mentally ill they think it's healthy, that's probably why they are more than happy to buy it, and even prefer it over the alternatives.
>>
>>7209409
Wrong again.
>>
>>7209365
Why care about the life of every animal when every animal is going to die anyways
>>
>>7209431
>Look at me, look at me, I'm fucking retarded and can't say anything but "lol u r wrong XD"
>>
Slav women are all so beautiful. How can fat ugly western """"" women """"" ever compete?
>>
>>7206818
> Be me.
>Eating clean and vegan since 2009.
>Make pizza dough rather regularly.
>Home made dough is best dough
>All other pizza dough tastes like cardboard.

True story.
I just use Alton Brown's pizza dough recipe. Featured on the "flat is beautiful" episode of good eats. I don't have a stand mixer, so I just knead the dough for 20 minutes and call it good.
>>
>>7210292
Also, vegan cheese is mostly disgusting. The only brand that actually tastes good is Daiya, and even then it doesn't taste like cheese. Skip it, or make your own "nut cheese" with macadamia nuts, pine nuts, and fennel.
>>
>>7206854
>Also half and half is a terrible way and any "vegan" that would be okay with it is likely not a vegan so just go 100% real cheese.
Anyone who'd say that is likely a fucking retard. That said, I prefer separate smaller pizzas than half and half.

>>7207480
>vegans are nuts, they won't eat a pizza that's half and half.
Another certified retard. Some will, some won't.

>>7208613
>daiya cheese melts really nicely i've had vegan pizza before and i kind of prefer it to regular pizzas.
^ This. There are a lot of shit vegan pseudocheeses; Daiya's isn't like a gourmet cheese, but it's about as good as mass-marketed pleb-tier cheese, and it melts well. Check daiyafoods.com for local sellers. Also be especially cautious about non-vegan cheese alternatives, like "Veggie Shreds", which contain dairy protein.

>>7210301
>Also, vegan cheese is mostly disgusting. The only brand that actually tastes good is Daiya, and even then it doesn't taste like cheese.
Personally I disagree about it not tasting like cheese; their faux cheddar is particularly flavorful, and unmistakably cheddary, and their faux mozzarella is quite mildly flavored, but that's true of pleb-tier genuine mozzarella in the US too.
>>
>>7206818
>My partner is vegan

why dont you just mix up some nutritional yeast instead of cheese then. you might prolong the life of your faildiet partner
>>
My wife's son is vegan and prefers pizza with no cheese rather than vegan cheese.

Also, vegan cheese is often terribly unhealthy, Daiya is made out of palm oil.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.