[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>that fuzzy yet estatic feel you get when someone really enjoys
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 232484011_0_640x640.jpg (27 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
232484011_0_640x640.jpg
27 KB, 640x640
>that fuzzy yet estatic feel you get when someone really enjoys what you have made for them, audibly making noises in the first few bites of pleasure

It's a real good feel.
>>
op fed his cat some tuna
>>
>>7201214
kek
>>
>>7201175
>drink that stuff with milk
>instant Nutella

gg op you have good taste
>>
>>7201175
>family gathering, I'm cooking
>grandparents bring a friend of theirs, am told offhandedly she doesn't usually eat much
>devours like 3 servings, "where'd you learn how to cook like this!", etc

Feels good man
>>
>>7201175
>Bring two plates to family gathering
>They barely gets touched
>Everybody tells me how nice my cooking is

Feels bad.
>>
>>7201569
My grand-mother is like that. Barely eats usually, clears a large plate if I'm cooking. Makes me wonder what the hell my aunt tries to feed her usually.
>>
File: lebowski.gif (2 MB, 480x306) Image search: [Google]
lebowski.gif
2 MB, 480x306
>>7201175
>It's a real good feel.

Jokes aside. Fuck yea, it is.

Best part is the anticipation though...the foreplay. Telling people to come over and you're gonna cook em dinner. Seeing the ones who've been over for dinner before tell the others how ridiculous your cooking is. That serious ass tone and hand gesturing from the wife's friend gets when they explain to the other friendg-- "No --seriously-- you guys have to come, it's like, *amazing*."

God I love cooking for people.
>>
How do you guys do this? I can cook pretty great for myself, but I don't think my palette is that complex. I'm worried if I cook for others they'll not enjoy it.
>>
>>7201704
Right balance of salt, some sort of wine integrated into the sauce, plenty of butter, herbs and spices with flavor that comes through, and meltingly tender meat will get accolades in a home setting every time.

Except for vegetarians. Then you'll need to make sure your vegetables are crispy on the outside and tender in the middle.
>>
File: dinnerparty2.jpg (57 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
dinnerparty2.jpg
57 KB, 604x453
>>7201704
>How do you guys do this? I can cook pretty great for myself, but I don't think my palette is that complex. I'm worried if I cook for others they'll not enjoy it.

Honestly, check out some foodnetwork programs and find recipes and styles you like.

Alton Brown, Mario Batali, Tyler Florence, even people like Bobby Flay or Giada. They all have some decent recipes. Filter them by their ratings. The outstanding ones are outstanding for a reason. I always liked a lot of the "Two Fat Ladies" recipes.

I remember first time I did a "dinner party" for people. I used Giada's Roman-Style Chicken recipe. I made sure to buy great ingredients, and i knew what I was doing. Know your techniques. Know what temperatures and your timing. People loved it. Granted we were all drunk and high but it was one of the greatest nights of my 4 years in college.

pic related from that night.
>>
>>7201704
Start with low expectations and a group you're comfortable with in a casual "hey I'm trying something new, it might be horrible but if you wanna come over.." type atmosphere. Close family is ideal.

For larger groups of people you arn't as casual with, stick with stuff you've had prior success with.
>>
>>7201569
>Where's you learn to cook like this!?
A friend of my family once said that.
I just replied "not from my mother."
:^)
>>
>>7202357
Amusingly when someone asks that my mother usually pipes up with "sure wasn't from me!" or similar.

She's actually not a bad cook, but she makes very simple (but well done) meals whereas I tend to use gatherings as an excuse for the "several hours in the kitchen" type meals.
>>
My ex used to bobble their head this certain way when she was really enjoying what she was eating. Cute as fuck.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.