[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Christmas Parties with coworkers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: office-holiday-party-madmen3.jpg (32 KB, 500x380) Image search: [Google]
office-holiday-party-madmen3.jpg
32 KB, 500x380
Sup /ck/, sitting on the shitter working out my office's Christmas party. Literally been shitting off and on for 12 hours now, but I don't know the culprit. Let's look at last night's menu:

>"Crab salad"
Literally imitation crab meat mixed with mayonnaise. There is neither crab in this nor is it a salad.

>Hamburger dip
Ground beef, one bell pepper...and an entire block of food stamp level Velveeta cheese

>Lasagna
why bother adding things like meat when you can just layer three inches of cheese through some pasta?

>no bake cheesecake
Literally a cold bowl of cheesecake batter

These people are trying to kill me.

Tell me about your job's shitty Christmas parties.
>>
>>7198990
It's all fun until someone gets run over with a lawnmower
>>
>>7198990
You can probably rule out the lasagne.

You never know with imitation seafood.

The entire concept of hamburger dip sounds dodgy to me. I'd blame that.
>>
I'd put my money on the crab salad.
>>
Food poisoning can take 10-16 hours to incubate, so anything you ate within that time frame before you felt sick could help to narrow it down. Does the Christmas party dinner fall right into that window?

Could have been anything really. Anything prepared in unclean conditions (dirty kitchenware, unwashed hands, undercooked raw meat) could be the culprit
>>
>>7198990
OK I have to share one. At my wife's "holiday" party last year everybody brought some food. We brought a bean dip and some chips. Non-offensive and people liked it. Most people, however, brought some kind of serious bullshit.

There were among other dishes:

>Those cocktail weenies with a jar of BBQ sauce in a crock pot

>Three kinds of spinach dip, all made with Lite sour cream

>Taquitos out of a box

And, the thing that made ME sick:

>Wrap sandwiches consisting of flour tortillas, wet lettuce (yes, very wet), canned chicken, lite mayo, and cat hair.

I was served one by the lady who made it, who sat and watched me eat the thing. I could taste the cat hairs in the wet lettuce. I was ill for three days.

Fucking office parties.

Any of the things you mention could have done it though.
>>
>>7198990
OP, you sound like too much dairy/lactose overload.
>>
>hamburger dip

what
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (41 KB, 350x500) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
41 KB, 350x500
>>7198990
>that final episode with Sal
Sal never deserved that.
>>
We got catering and a private room at a bowling alley was okay, especially after the boss started buying everyone a drink. We also fight over 15$ gag gifts.

Last year was the same, but at a ghetto bowling alley with no room that smelled like feet. This year was vastly superior.
>>
>>7199435
That's why it happened and Pete came out on top by the end of the show. Life isn't fair.
>>
Might as well share since I had a company party the other day for a job I recently started.

Last day of work they booked a minibus to take us all to a fairly decent restaurant. Small company ~20 employees.

Canapes first of course, then to start I had a Spiced Crab and Brandy Bisque. Main was roast Hake with some Porcini crumb, crispy gnocchi, and creamed leeks and sprouts. Dessert was a Spiced Tangerine Brulee. Bar was on the Director's tab so I had a good few whiskys since they had a reasonable selection.

Also when we went out in town later the Directors again just opened a tab, so had a few more whiskeys. Tried some of them murican ones they're making these days.

Beat the shit out of some of the crappy work parties I've been to before.
>>
>>7198992
Right when he got his foot in the door
>>
>>7198990
>work at art museum
>tons of rich people paying for my christmas food
>fancy full bar
>fun foods and dessert/tea bar
the only problem was that they ran out of pigs in a blanket
>>
>>7198990
wallmart
>sliced turkey breast
>creamy Mac and cheese
>mashed potatos
>gravy
>stuffing
>green beans
> fresh rolls
>every soda you can imagine home made sweet tea and coffie
>rotated every hour on the hour all you can eat
>get extra long breaks and lunch to enjoy

I make 15$ an hour and I've only been there a month

your jobs are shit

I'm 20btw
>>
>>7200775
Too bad I really do work at Wal-Mart and I know you're lying about 15$ an hour after a month.
>>
>>7200879
I went to collage and I worked at Kmart the whole time I was hired a support maniger and talked them up from $13 by working every weekend instead if 4 on 4 off

the food was banging you gotta agree
>>
>>7200879
also what's your opinion on cap team and doing black Friday on thanks giveing
>>
>>7201751
If they didn't even teach you how to spell it when you went there, I hope you got a refund.
>>
>>7201761
its Christmas and I'm a little tipsy
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.