[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need your help /ck/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: white_chocolate.jpg (17 KB, 400x271) Image search: [Google]
white_chocolate.jpg
17 KB, 400x271
I started making a treat for Christmas and I've run into a bit of a wall. I've melted down some white chocolate in a double-boiler and got thru coating about 10 chocolate truffles before the white chocolate began to quickly turn into a doughy texture, kind of like mashed potatoes if you like them on the firmer side.

I can't work with it like this and I'm not sure on my next step. What did I do wrong? How do I fix this?
>>
Perhaps it cooled down too much?

I've never had success remelting chocolate. You're going to have to get some more.
>>
I'll ask the tech support question first: did you let the white chocolate cool down too much?
>>
>>7195166
>>7195167
That's possible, I turned the heat down a bit. The texturing started at the very bottom, where it would be the hottest I would think. Will try keeping the heat up and see how that goes.
>>
Maybe add a bit of butter?
>>
File: toll-house-premier-white-28326.jpg (30 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
toll-house-premier-white-28326.jpg
30 KB, 200x200
Well, heat's not fixing it, butter has given it a slightly creamier mashed potatoes texture. I'm starting to suspect it's the quality of the white chocolate.
>>
>>7195206
>white chocolate
>posts a pic of "morsels"

If it don't say chocolate on the bag, then it's not chocolate.
>>
>>7195211
Ah fuck, you're right. This shit has no cocoa butter.
I'm taking a guess that it has overheated and turned into something more useless than it was at the start.

Thanks all, was just stupid in my buying.
>>
>>7195206
This op. Do not buy anything nestle honestly. All of them are "morsels" and they taste like wax. Make sure the first ingredient is cocoa butter, even white chocolate.
>>
If it was actual white chocolate itd be from iver heating to be hknest, white chocolate is i credibly susceptible to splitting and cools down very slowly
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.