[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Real Italian Nutella
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7
File: 81mMnbKfbfL._SX342_.jpg (16 KB, 342x400) Image search: [Google]
81mMnbKfbfL._SX342_.jpg
16 KB, 342x400
Where can I find a jar of real imported Italian Nutella?

Do I have to go to the internet online?

Does Trader Joes have it?
>>
File: 1449367486402.png (1 MB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1449367486402.png
1 MB, 1080x1080
pls respond...
>>
File: morrigan disapproves.jpg (142 KB, 340x449) Image search: [Google]
morrigan disapproves.jpg
142 KB, 340x449
>>7194969
Nutella uses palm oil. You should boycott those assholes.
>>
Might help if you say where you are, and/or post pics of your genitalia.
>>
File: 1360650295797.jpg (80 KB, 548x720) Image search: [Google]
1360650295797.jpg
80 KB, 548x720
>>7194969
What's the difference between the Italian stuff and others?

>>7195049
There are so many problems with the world that it's not possible to care about all of them.
>>
>>7195117
From Italy here.

>What's the difference between the Italian stuff and others?
Absolutely nothing anymore and it's been that way for about 25 years. In the late 80s/early 90s, with Nutella's introduction to nations outside Europe, Ferrero began modifying the formula recipe a little for foreign markets. Some of those formulations made their way back home. For example, American Nutella has had soy lecithin from the beginning while Europe didn't begin using it until 2011.
Due to the expense of working with cocoa in some foreign markets, Ferrero decided to switch to palm oil in the Americas, thereafter making the same money-saving switch in EU, as well as using skimmed milk powder in American markets rather than whole milk as was done in Europe.
A few years thereafter, in the later 90s, different production sites in Europe began switching over to skimmed milk powder rather than whole milk. The last hold out I know of was Polish production which switched over to skimmed milk powder and soy lecithin in 2011 soon after the untimely death of Ferrero's then CEO.

The only market I know of where Nutella differs in taste noticeably from others is Thailand, where the stuff is considerably sweeter because it's made of sweetened condensed milk.

>>7194969
You can get it online, but why bother?
>>
>>7195354
From Italy too, lived in France and Germany for a while. The flavor and consistency of Nutella varies between these 3 countries:
>Italian: "standard" flavor and consistency
>German: more chocolaty flavor and harder
>French: more milky flavor and softer

I read somewhere that this variation comes from the typical bread consumed in those countries. French bread is softer so the nutella needs to be more liquidy to be easy to spread, whereas German bread is generally mixed so a stronger flavor is required.
>>
>>7195049

Yeah, I'm going to blame Nutella for giving poor countries money. They should just stay poor with lots of forests so I can feel good about myself.

In my continent which used to be covered with forests but which we clear cut to make room for human civilization.

They'll learn how to use crop rotation and soil management eventually, after most of their forests are slashed and burned. They'll be better for it, forest doesn't provide much economic gain.
>>
File: biscoff.jpg (45 KB, 350x269) Image search: [Google]
biscoff.jpg
45 KB, 350x269
>>7195691
>Yeah, I'm going to blame Nutella for giving poor countries money. They should just stay poor with lots of forests so I can feel good about myself.
You do realize anyone who loves nutella will pay whatever price it costs. They are one of the few corporations that could create moral change to whatever their industry is...

Biscoff is wayyyy better than Nutella. I love hazelnuts, but the chocolate and oil consistency isn't good in recent years.
>>
>>7195354

my uncle lives in italy, and he's brought nutella with him when he's visited, it's been a couple of years since i've had it but it does taste significantly better than the us one... for whatever reason
>>
>>7195718
It's all in your head.
>>
>>7195727

nah, it's a bit of a different texture too... or it was, it's been about 5 years or so though, could be different now... and it wasn't just me who noticed or i'd say that was possible...

pretty much every kind of chocolate anything that doesn't come from the us tastes better than what's here though... i read the reason a while ago, but i can't remember... it's basically just the usual americans get cheaper made shit cuz of companies cutting corners for more profit
>>
File: thumbs up.gif (615 KB, 141x141) Image search: [Google]
thumbs up.gif
615 KB, 141x141
>>7195354
Now this is a good explanation.
>>
Ignore the meme shit in this link, but this stuff tastes like Nutelle elevated a hundred times. It's insanely good (and insanely expensive).

https://www.zingermans.com/Product.aspx?ProductID=P-GCM
>>
>>7194969
It's only truly Italian if Marie makes it.
>>
>>7196046
So, every female in the country.
>>
>>7196051
>post
>your head
>>
>>7195371
Did you consider all variables when coming to the conclusions? You say the German one was harder, well what if the room temp was just colder..?
>>
>>
>>7194969
not sure about in america but sometimes costco in canada has it. try other such stores that buy from "gray market" sources
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.