[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If one eats cold food, is the calorie intake lower from the cold
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1443220320330.jpg (571 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1443220320330.jpg
571 KB, 1920x1200
If one eats cold food, is the calorie intake lower from the cold food as opposed to hot food? Body has to heat up the food, no?
>>
>>7194187
Yeah I suppose that's correct but the energy lost by bringing the meal to your body temperature is negligible.
>>
>>7194187
I eat mostly ice cubes during my diets because of this.
>>
>>7194211
Is it? Would you happen to have any sort of calculation about it?

>>7194217
Good for you.
>>
>>7194187
No, you get the same amount of calories regardless.

However, the energy cost to process those calories increases.
>>
>>7194232
not him, but yes. a Calorie is the amount of heat needed to warm one liter of water by one degree. But like >>7194253 said, calories measure potential energy, and relative heat of food is kinetic energy
>>
>does hot stuff have more energy in it than cold stuff?

I think you need to retake basic science, OP.
>>
If you drink a cup of ice water it's like -5 calories or so. But water is dense with a high specific heat so something like a sandwich would be closer to zero.
>>
>>7194271
Be careful of your capitals. A calorie is the heat needed to raise one liter of water by one degree Celsius. A Calorie (capital C) is 1000 calories and is also known as a kilocalorie.

Also, I did a calculation and 0.5 liters of ice water takes about 18 Calories to get to body temperature. Keep in mind water takes much more heat to warm up than other foods. Can provide calculation if needed.

So OP, if you're serious about weight loss drink ice water I guess.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.