[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some good dips for raw vegetables (e.g. strips of bell
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: 1450564232872.png (95 KB, 423x255) Image search: [Google]
1450564232872.png
95 KB, 423x255
What are some good dips for raw vegetables (e.g. strips of bell peppers)?

I like hummus, as well as a dip that I make with miso and gojuchang.

Is homemade hummus worth the time / money? If so, what are some good recipes?
>>
I like tzatziki. With plenty mint and garlic. Go give it a googling.
>>
Ranch is best dip
>>
>>7193820
Interesting, looks cool. Is there a particular recipe that you like to use for tzatziki?
>>
File: cirno what yuzuna99.png (300 KB, 564x417) Image search: [Google]
cirno what yuzuna99.png
300 KB, 564x417
>>7193823
I, uh...

I have to confess that I don't make it myself. I buy it from a kebab place nearby. It's so popular they've made it an individual product.
>>
What the fuck is Tuppin doing here?
>>
>>7194185
It's a cute picture, and I was in a hurry so I didn't bother looking for a more relevant one.
>>
>>7194188
Are you [spoiler]Hatsumi[/spoiler]
>>
>>7194200
Yeah, I am.
>>
>>7193818
>Is homemade hummus worth the time / money
>time
>money
>hummus

does not compute. It's chickpeas, the poorest of poorfag food. In a blender.
>>
>>7193823
it's really easy man, go grate about 3 cucumbers, dry them, add them to some greek yoghurt, add lots of garlic i'd say about 2-3 cloves, some salt and pepper. you can also add things like lemon juice and olive oil, so yeah it's a pretty hard dip to fuck up
>>
>>7194235
Okay, I'll give that a try.

Any other dips you might recommend making?

I'm gonna try to eat raw vegetables with various dips every day for lunch.
>>
File: ranch_thumb.jpg (49 KB, 364x364) Image search: [Google]
ranch_thumb.jpg
49 KB, 364x364
>1.5lb plain greek yogurt
>One packet of pick related
They come in flavors like onion and dill, they're alright too.
Or reg yogurt, sour cream, cottage cheese depending how you want your macros.

If you do greek yogurt + packet it's about 140 calories for a cup of the stuff and it's got tons of protein.
>>
>>7194908
I'm not a big fan of ranch dressing. Whenever I had it in grade school, it always seemed too strong and overpowering.
>>
>>7195048
So you don't eat pizza?
>>
>>7195061
Infrequently, and I have a strong dislike of plain cheese or pepperoni pizza.
>>
>>7193818

>roasted garlic (about 6 - 8 covs), chopped chives, and a teaspoon of onion marmalade , blended in cream cheese

>roasted red pepper, a clove of the above roasted garlic, dash of chipotle tabasco, blended in cream cheese

>roasted almonds (about a handful, chopped in a food processor), smoked honey (+- a tablespoon), blended in smooth cottage cheese

made these as spreads for a rye bread i made, worked well
>>
>>7195048
like the other kids?
>>
>>7195121
Thanks! I'll try them out this weekend.
>>
>>7193818
Homemade hummus is stupidly cheap and moronically easy. Chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, cumin, and salt. Food processor it all together to your desired flavor and consistency. Eat warm or cold.

God, it's good
>>
File: 1450707991820.jpg (414 KB, 900x967) Image search: [Google]
1450707991820.jpg
414 KB, 900x967
bump
>>
File: skordalia.jpg (23 KB, 386x257) Image search: [Google]
skordalia.jpg
23 KB, 386x257
>>7193818
I'm Greek and there are a lot of good Greek dips that are easy to make. I would check out:

>Tzatziki
Just mix grated cucumber, plain Greek yoghurt, mint, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, and salt together.

>Skordalia
Soak stale bread, mash it, and mix it with olive oil, lemon juice, and a lot of pureed garlic.

>Taramosalata
Boil potatoes, mash them, and mix them with tarama (salted and cured cod's roe, can be found in jars in Greek sections at stores), green onions, olive oil, and lemon juice.

Oh and this >>7195886
But I usually add a bunch of other ingredients to it, like Feta and Myzithra cheese (can be replaced with Ricotta Salata, or even Parmesan it that isn't available), olives, and pine nuts.
>>
i made this pretty bitchin carmalized onion dip recently that used greek yogurt/cream cheese recently that wasn't too shabby

if not i'm going to meme here and say i love sriracha hummus because with sugar snap peas it reminds me of hot cheetos and keeps my fatness at bay and it was more satisfying in the end, if not the roasted red pepper hummus is the shit
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.