[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there anything as comforting as dinner at home with the family?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Is there anything as comforting as dinner at home with the family?
>>
>>7192635
Posting pictures of food on Reddit, maybe?
>>
Whose family?
>>
>>7192635
Slipping into a coma would be more comfortable than dinners at home with my family.

>mum and dad hate eachother, constantly bicker, but won't divorce separate - seemingly just to spite eachother
>eldest sister is cripplingly insecure, will get shouty upset at any perceived insult, which effectively constitutes anything that means she doesn't get her way. She's 26, not 8, by the way.
>Middle sister is irritatingly perfect, but also gets arseblasted at tiny things and is a huge know-it-all. Doesn't get on with eldest sister at all.
>Then there's me, on-off alcoholic NEET and serial irritant.
>>
for a second I saw those dishes and those cups and thought it might've been the return of that old poster who used to post pictures of his daily fancy meals at his fancy house with his fancy fine china and dinnerware and fancy block of himalayan pink salt. Anyone remember that dude ?
>>
>>7192640
I'd bet everything was fine until you were born. All members of the family got along harmoniously. Then you came along. Ruined everything. You are a soulless ghoul sent by the devil to destroy them.
>>
>>7192648
>You are a soulless ghoul sent by the devil to destroy them.
At least then my life would have purpose mate.
>>
>>7192647
Yeah. With his carafes, decanters and 70s era everything.
>>
>>7192647
THIS IS NOT MY BEAUTIFUL HOUSE
>>
>>7192635
Why do you have all that crap crowding your dinner table? Is it a one room apartment?
>>
>>7192684

Look at all the pill bottles. I'm guessing old people / parents / etc.
>>
>>7192657
Now that you know, what's holding you back? Complete your mission. Kill them, Johnny. Kill them all.
>>
>>7192635
>Is there anything as comforting as dinner at home with the family?
Dinner at home without the family.
>>
>>7192635

God no, I can't stand the sound of people chewing (actually diagnosed with OCD and take a high dose anti-psychotic) still doesn't fix it though.

I'll be eating "christmas dinner" in my room at my computer whilst the rest eat at the dinner table. Most relatives are dead or dying now so not many come, christmas is for kids anyway.

If I was forced to sit there I'd just start a political rant as soon as I could.
>>
>>7192635
Sometimes I wish it could be, but I have estranged myself from my family for the most part and it's frustrating when we don't see eye to eye on things.

I'm the oldest child and am still living with parents. I guess I was the test run child because my younger sisters both have careers and have moved out.
>>
>>7192635
How could they not be relaxed! With all those pills on the table they're fuckin high off their ass on St John's wort
>>
>>7192648
That's often how it is with youngest siblings.
>>
>>7192734
>actually diagnosed with OCD and take a high dose anti-psychotic

I know there are a lot of busted, broken half-people on 4chan, but I always wonder whether shit like this is made up when anon posts it
>>
Vagina on my penis is a bit more comforting.
>>
>>7192635
yes: dining at my university's public refectory.

i fucking hate my family and my mother can only cook 4 (unhealthy and repetitive) meals. and they want me to eat more everytime.
>>
>>7192635
Dinner with friends and not your family.

I like my family, but they're boring as fuck and never have anything interesting to say or are up to date on current events.
>>
File: 1398734733343.png (419 KB, 300x900) Image search: [Google]
1398734733343.png
419 KB, 300x900
>3 family dinners in 3 days

Lord have mercy on my soul
>>
>>7192662
this is not my my beautiful wife
>>
>>7192635
>all those pill bottles
Why do Americans do this?
>>
My family has money and likes to eat good food; most people are either drunks or stoners, or otherwise on some medication... So yeah, I'd call it comfortably numb.

Doing a family thing with flyover friends like in the OP's pic has always been miserable as fuck.
>>
>>7192635
It's more uncomfortable then comforting I find.
Don't get me wrong, I'm going to culinary school right now and the best tasting still comes from when I go to visit my grandma and she cooks for me.

But dinner with a select few family members or freinds is waaaaayyy more comforting.
Or even dinner sitting on the couch after working all day is still more comforting then the other.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.