[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone give me the lowdown on pressure frying? The instruction
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
Can someone give me the lowdown on pressure frying? The instruction manual says never do this but manuals say a lot of things. I fry most of my food and this seems really fast. How dangerous is it really? French fries in 1 minute sounds incredible. I don't mind getting oil on my clothes; most of them are soiled lol
>>
>>7191593
http://missvickie.com/howto/fry/frying.html

don't kill yourself.
>>
>>7191595

I have seen these warnings, but as the author here admits, many people have used their regular pressure cookers to fry without incident for decades, which makes me wonder if the danger is overstated by pressure fryer manufacterers to sell more pressure fryers.
>>
>>7191593
Frying is quick as shit, what is the fucking point in pressure frying? How obese are you that you can't wait the extra 30 seconds for your fries to finish?
>>
>>7192691
As far as I understand KFC is using pressure fryers to tenderize their sub-par quality chicken.
>>
>>7191593

If you need to clean it out afterwards, a mix of bleach and ammonia works really well.
>>
>>7191617
they mostly do it to cover their asses although that may be a side effect.
>>
>>7192761
this. be sure to have it on heat so the mixture can properly get all the gunk off of your pressure cooker
>>
>>7192736
>As far as I understand KFC is using pressure fryers to tenderize their sub-par quality chicken.
They're specifically made for themeen always have b, and it's simply to make "fast food" timing out of fried chicken to compete with McDonalds and the like in the early days of the business, and nothing actually advantageous about it from there. It drives oil down under the skin, and into the flesh, and makes it pretty horrible actually.

Pressure frying vegetables, however, makes tasty alternatives to potato chips, such as whole fried okra spears that are air-fried. They get delicate and crunchy, but they might give a normal stomach the runs, just as KFC might. Any advantage you can also do in a food dehydrator, or low oven, such as you do with kale chips.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.