[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What Are You Eating, Tonight?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
MaMa instant ramen Egg, string beans.
>>
Sick
>>
Op go visit the local homeless shelter. I believe they have cooked eggs there.
>>
I had roast beef
>>
>>7191428

>sorry anon, but your mom doesn't count.
>>
>all that uncooked egg white
>long-ass green beans too large for the bowl but plopped in there anyway
>not enough broth, creating a much higher sodium concentration and leaving noodles to rest in the air too long and take on a gross texture

If I were a starving hobo and you set that in front of me, I would throw that shit in your face.
>>
How to MaMa instant noodles taste? My favorite brand are the nongshim premium black cup noodles. Are they better or worse?
>>
image.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
Night 2 prep
>>
>>7191428
I went to the market
>>
Anybody got the picture of the badly stuffed cat with the steak and beer?
>>
image.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
>>7191599
>all that uncooked egg white
Cooked longer with more butter
>>long-ass green beans too large for the bowl but plopped in there anyway
>reused last night's green beans, cut in half
>>not enough broth, creating a much higher sodium concentration and leaving noodles to rest in the air too long and take on a gross texture
I don't use all the broth, cooked in a quart pot, used for two.

Added chicken 50¢, carrots 13¢, and squash 20¢ to an egg 25¢, green beans 12¢ and Duck flavored MaMa noodles 50¢. Total cost $1.70 a bowl.
>>
image.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
>>7193052
>How to MaMa instant noodles taste?
Duck is good. Pork is best.

>My favorite brand are the nongshim premium black cup noodles.
I want to try this.
>>
File: IMG_20151222_204355758.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151222_204355758.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1456
This....
>>
>>7194548
Boring, but at least it's fairly healthy.
>>
>>7191599
Sure you would tough guy.
How's 6th grade going?
>>
>>7194501
When people do these exact costs on their food it just looks so autistic.
>>
>>7194303
And I just went home
>>
>>7194573
It was pretty good. After 3 days of heavy drinking...my body always craves somewhat healthy stuff. It's weird. Like cold oranges, and raw carrots? Weird I know.
>>
>>7194658

I'm only trying so see what the cheapest full meal (protein, vegetables, carb, & oil/fat) I can eat is. Can you beat $1.70?
>>
>>7194673
Nothing wrong with that. I like some simple, basic meals from time to time as well.
>>
>>7194681
Easily, I just walk into my backyard, shoot down a turkey and pick some carrots, and since you didn't include the price of oils I won't either, but the turkeys I see in my back yard (6 acres) are plenty fat
>>
>>7194692

Did you include the cost of a hunting liscense / limit, ammo, gun cleaning kit, seeds, fertilizer, water and/or greenhouse/light (depending on climate) in your figures?
>>
>>7194848
I don't think he's capable of addition
senpai.
>>
Tonight I made some chicken noodle soup, because there's fucking nothing worth cooking in the house.

-Left over rotisserie; stripped it of what little good meat was left and tossed the carcase in a soup pot.
-My carrots and celery were starting to turn, so this was the perfect opportunity to use them before they spoil.

>Cut off shit ends of carrots and celery and toss them in pot with chicken carcase
>Grab white onion and peel off outer layers, into the pot it goes
>Add 2 smashed cloves of garlic
>Chop carrots and celery
>Mince onion
>Set aside in fridge with good chicken scraps for final preparation
>Fill soup pot 3/4 the way full with water
>Seasonings: Dried Thyme, Dried Rosemary, Dried Basil, Whole Peppercorns, Lemon Zest, Bay Leaf, salt and sugar (very small amount, maybe 1 tsp) to taste
>Turn on high till comes to a boil then drop back down to medium and cover with lid
>Let sit for one hour then adjust salt to desired taste
>Strain stock through fine mesh or cheesecloth, whatever is available
>Put clean stock back on stove
>Add your carrots, celery, onion and chicken to the final pot
>Cook until onions dissolve into stock
>Done

>Cook noddles separate so they don't get soggy, add to serving bowl at desired quantity.
>>
File: images (18).jpg (10 KB, 220x229) Image search: [Google]
images (18).jpg
10 KB, 220x229
>>7194902
Mfw. All that info, no pic.
>>
File: image.jpg (219 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
219 KB, 960x720
>>7194963

I know, anon. I know.
>>
>>7194963
>>7194966

It's already jarred and in the freezer. Next time, fellas. Promise.
>>
>>>7194692
>Did you include the cost of a hunting liscense / limit, ammo, gun cleaning kit, seeds, fertilizer, water and/or greenhouse/light (depending on climate) in your figures?

No license as I own the turkeys, no ammo, no cleaning kit, seeds are free (just let some plants go to seed each hear), fertilizer was free from compost, water again free from the clouds, no greenhouse or lights. All free, now get that $1.70 shit per bowl outa here.
>>
File: IMG_1291.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1291.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Had a couple of boxes of kraft mac and cheese laying around and tried to salvage what i could from it.

I used 1/2 smoked gouda and 1/2 mexican cheese mix for the cheese sauce
>>
File: IMG_1292[1].jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1292[1].jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
2/2
>>
>>7194982
Pinky swear?
>>
>>7195278
Man...
Why have I never considered just throwing away the cheese packet and just using the noodles.
I love the texture of kd noodles.
>>
>>7194548
Dry as hell
>>
>>7195656
i actually used a packet from one of the boxes cause i couldnt be arsed to bust out flour and wanted to see how it would taste anyway.

it was okay, but then again any macaroni and cheese i have feels meh. I would much rather just eat cold cheese
>>
>>7195991
I use a vow and arrow my brother gave me, and the garden is mostly it's own ecosystem that I just tamper with on occassion, so at this point (12 or so years since I started it so spread out any costs would be fractions of fractions of cents), but I understand most people don't live in the middle of nowhere maine
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.