[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Homemade steak sauce
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 322x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 322x400
To all the steak lovers: what ia the best sauce to eat with a steak? Do you have a recipe to make one at home? I'd like to make a really good one for a christmas present. I don't care if it takes a lot of work.
>>
>Sauce
>On steak
>>
>>7190213

>best sauce to serve with steak

the jus that bleeds out of it as its resting
>>
No sauce is the best sauce.
>>
>>7190213
heinz 57 is my favorite
>>
>2015
>not playing with bottles

https://youtu.be/2ev7JmgRuRI
>>
Butter, garlic, herbs.
>>
>>7190216
>>7190219
>>7190220
For the non-puristic steak lovers, sorry.
If he doesn't like sauce with his steak, he can still use it for dipping something else. And since salt and pepper is all you really put on it, i can't even make a fancy spice mix as a present. Fml
>>
bordelaise is the only answer
>>
>>7190223
>>7190227
I had something less pre-fabricated in mind, but thanks for the ideas guys!
>>
>>7190229
I always wanted to make caffé de paris butter myselfe, but the recipes are so different i just gave up. But maybe i'll give it a try.
>>
>>7190243
Why do you think you can make a better steak sauce than A1?
>>
drain off any excessive oil from pan used to fry steak
add some bashed peppercorns and herbs
deglaze with some kind of booze and stock
reduce
add cream and reduce or mount with butter
pour over steak as it finishes resting
>>
>>7190239
Yum... But can i make this and store it in a bottle? I only ever made it and used it right away.
>>
>>7190249

Because it's mass-produced using low quality ingredients. OP could easily improve upon it simply by using ingredients that don't suck so much.
>>
>>7190249
It's more because i'm not going to give somebody a bottle of sauce i got at the grocery store for a christmas present. It should be a bit more toughtfull
>>
>>7190255
That sounds delicious! But not so practical to make as a present...
>>
>>7190258
I don't like your attitude.
>>7190264
Tear off the label, say you made it, get dick sucked because awesome sauce
>>
>>7190272
Uhm, i don't think so.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.