[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mead
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: Mead-Group.jpg (98 KB, 600x456) Image search: [Google]
Mead-Group.jpg
98 KB, 600x456
Is it a meme drink?
>>
Ur mum's a meme drink
>>
>>7189866
>meme
>A unit of cultural information, such as a cultural practice or idea, that is transmitted verbally or by repeated action from one mind to another.
Why yes, yes it is.
>>
>>7189866
>le 'everything is a meme' meme
Well meme'd my friend!
>>
>>7189866
Mead is fucking great. Track down some Redstone if you can.
Sweeter and more alcoholic than wine.
>>
This has nothing to do with food or cooking
>>
>>7189866
those look really good
>>
I found it undrinkably sweet. Makes sense given all the honey, but damn.
>>
Does mead taste just mostly like honey?
>>
>>7190998
With s subtle after taste of ass.
>>
>>7189866
I brew mead. It's really fun. Only thing is honey is expensive, non-clover honey even more-so.

I can't really drink it anymore as I drank too much and got sick. Now when I drink mead it just reminds me of those dark days hugging porcelain.
>>
>>7192613
how much is honey?
say i want to get a regular bucket kit online, how much would it cost for the honey?
>>
>>7189866
I've tried a few types of mead now. enough to form an opinion I think. Strong meads are way too sweet and overpowering for me, they just taste like diabetic wine. weaker meads however, 3-5% have all tasted great. They can be carbonated and I've even had some on tap at a couple of pubs. After homebrewing both types as well I can say I prefer weaker, beer styled meads. They brew faster and can be finished in under four weeks. I've used honey as an ingredient in beers as well and that comes out god-tier. My favourite homebrew recipe to this day is a pilsner style braggot where the fermentables come from half malt half honey with bitter saaz hops.
>>
Mead has no one flavor. It can be sickly sweet and really strong all the way to very dry. You can get carbonated meads, fruit meads...all sorts of shit.
I actually have a meadery near me that makes seven different varieties and several fruit wines and mead. They also make brandies from it.
Honey can be expensive, i guess it depends on where you live i can get a quart mason jar filled for five bucks as long as i bring my own bottle to a local companies store.
>>
File: latest.png (1 MB, 600x1000) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
1 MB, 600x1000
>>7189866
I could go for some mead right now
>>
>>7189866
It really appeals to neckbeards because of the whole ebig viking dorf thing, but I've never tried any good mead.

One of my mates is an apiarist, really need to get around to brewing some.
>>
B. Nektar makes interesting Meads.
>>
>>7190292
Bourbon fills that niche better. Mead is for the people who are too pussy for whiskey.
>>
i always drink a lot when the renaissance festival rolls around. split a couple of bottles with friends, indulge in some greasy, salty faire food, get drunk in public.

i have had a couple of really phenomenal meads at Flying Saucer though. good place to try them. don't have to commit to a whole bottle of the stuff and it's basically dessert. kurt's apple pie from moonlight meadery was the last one i had and it was delicious.
>>
I love mead.
Though I have only had it from two manufacturers. One local, and one from UK.
So good. The UK mead tastes like a beautiful meadow. Local stuff is good to, but not as refined.
Mead ranges in flavour from dry to sweet. Add any fruit you want and you have a melomel.
>>
File: 1450239858604.jpg (137 KB, 733x850) Image search: [Google]
1450239858604.jpg
137 KB, 733x850
>>7189866
>Tournament mead
>>
>>7193865
Whiskey just a tastes like liquid tree bark to me.
>>
>>7192688
What's your homebrew mead recipe?
>>
>>7189866
most fedora-tippers around my place drink it

but it's versatile and tasty as fuck nevertheless
even if you don't like it, there's always one special mead that you DO like
>>
>>7190998
It shouldn't. The sugar is supposed to be used up during fermentation.

It usually does.
>>
Mead is more of a me[spoiler]ad[/spoiler] drink imo
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.