[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been trying my damnedest to make bacon wrapped grissini
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: grissini4.jpg (51 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
grissini4.jpg
51 KB, 400x300
I've been trying my damnedest to make bacon wrapped grissini for two days. The kind coated in brown sugar.

Every. Single. Time. It burns. The sugar burns, that is. I've tried two different recipes and one experiment where I tried playing with short baking times and putting the sugar on the portion of the bacon that touches the grissini.

Has anyone here ever made it before and, if so, what's a recipe you KNOW works?
>>
>>7189123
Use 'cha or mustard as a heat resistant lube.
>>
Isn't it supposed to burn?

Fixing a problem like this usually involves reducing the temperature and increasing the cooking time, in any case.
>>
The sugar will take no time to brown. If you put it on along with the bacon, of course it will brown and burn long before they're ready. Either put the sugar on a minute before it's done, or sprinkle over top afterward.
>>
>>7189123
have you tried not adding sugar until the very ass end of the bake time?
>>
>>7189137
>>7189151
Last recipe I tried involved waiting till close to the end and tossing the bacon in the sugar, though I might just try the first recipe again with shortened baking times or just sprinkling...
>>
>>7189123
Try cooking it the majority of the way through before adding sugar or try cooking at a lower temp for much longer.

Try both?
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.