[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi, /ck/, I'm moving out of my parents' house next
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 554x317) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 554x317
Hi, /ck/, I'm moving out of my parents' house next month and don't own any kitchenware, what are some essentials/suggestions you have/good brands you know for cookware?
>>
>>7180741
need more info. what do you like to cook? are you a beginner or a little more advanced?
>>
File: norpro-mandoline-slicer-.jpg (10 KB, 468x297) Image search: [Google]
norpro-mandoline-slicer-.jpg
10 KB, 468x297
>>
>>7180741
http://www.amazon.com/All-Clad-Stainless-Tri-Ply-Dishwasher-Cookware/dp/B00FUF5K8W
All-Clad. Yes, it's worth it.

http://thesweethome.com/leaderboard/kitchen/
For most recommendations of kitchen hardware, they perform the most comprehensive roundup tests of the best equipment on the market.
>>
>>7180743
I cook regularly but bake more occasionally. mostly quick meals but sometimes I make something nice for dates.
>>
For pots and pans I like Lagostina. You can usually find a decent set on sale at Costco, Sears or the likes.

For baking I tend to go with Anchor for pyrex and Baker's secret for metal things.

Don't worry about buying everything right now. Get what you need to make dinner on a day to day basis. The rest will accrue normally.
>>
>>7180803
Their testing seems both wordy and superficial. I mean they recommended the KitchenAid with the plastic parts over the Pro series with the metal ones. Guess which one will last you decades longer?
>>
File: equipment.jpg (129 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
equipment.jpg
129 KB, 1000x1500
>>
>>7180744
Learn to enjoy slicing your fingers open if you get this. These things are infamous. Especially when cleaning them.
>>
>>7180741
You will need at least one Lodge cast-iron dutch oven.
>>
>>7181085

>rubber spatula
>baking and autism

lolwut
>>
>>7182505
Huh, yeah. There should be a spatula in regular cook tier.

That sort of rubber spatula seems to be specifically for baking prep and other cold things to me though, as in it would melt in a hot pan.
>>
>>7180881
Plastic doesn't rust you idiot, clearly it will last longer.
>>
>>7180741
You will need a small and a medium pan and a small and a medium frying pan.
A spatula - don't go for crazy shapes, they are shitty - and a cooking spoon and a ladle.
A small and a large knife, along with a cutting board.

That will do for the first month. you will find out what else you need.
>>
File: Spatula.jpg (14 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Spatula.jpg
14 KB, 640x360
>>7182566
To make it clear: I wasn't talking about rubber spatula.
you will need something to flip stuff over in the pan.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.