[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Savory Apple pie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 300x200
I sell pie filling in my little community. It is very popular, especially my apple pie filling variations (candy apple, caramel apple). I've been thinking about making a less sweet, savory pie filling. The type of pie you would top with a slice of cheese. I would add slivered onion and thyme.

Does that sound like something you would eat /ck/?
>>
nope
>>
>>7179051
No. First off, I can't imagine onion and thyme in an apple pie. Second, if you're selling your filling in jars what's to keep it from spoiling if you take away most of the sugar? Apples aren't acidic enough on their own, are they? Sounds like botulism to me.
>>
>>7179051

No no no, make mincemeat pie filling instead.
>>
I've had something similar to that but with the cheese baked into the crust. It was okay I guess but nothing I would go out of my way to have again.
>>
>>7179051
Pork and apple filling could work. Emphasys on the "could".

Apple filling with blue cheese could also work, but your cost is going to go higher.

You could add onions and thyme to both, but you need to master the caramelization process.

Very risky desu
>>
>>7179051
My wife's son puts Kraft singles on apple pie, absolutely disgusting.
>>
>>7179080
My wife's bf son does the same
>>
>>7179080
>My wife's son
This has to be a forced meme. You post this every day.
>>
File: 03wmt-articleLarge.jpg (30 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
03wmt-articleLarge.jpg
30 KB, 600x400
>>7179051
That looks far too much like a slice of processed cheese to be appetizing.
>>
>>7179051
A pork pie with a layer of apples, I have seen them done and they taste great.

You could also make a pork and apple pie.

Cheese, onion and apple pie.

Curried apple pie.

Any sort of meat with an apple chutney.

There are thousands of savoury pies with apple in them in Britain the home of apple pie.
>>
>>7179059
What desolate wasteland do you live in that you haven't ever heard of a chutney?
>>
>>7179065
Adding to the mincemeat suggestion, in the past there used to be real meat in the mincemeat, thus the name.

Heston spoke about it during a medieval episode of his feasts programme.
>>
>>7180344
Chutneys have added acid, senpai
>>
>>7180393
That;s irrelevant. Chutney doesn't have the sugar of an apple jam and it doesn't develop botulism in jars.
>>
>>7179051
>savory pie filling
>The type of pie you would top with a slice of cheese
You mean regular apple pie? Because that's kind you put cheese on.
>>
A pork and apple pie would be cash
>>
>>7180417
So you are suggesting that he add acid to his pie filling?
>>
File: 1436845020045.jpg (219 KB, 983x1013) Image search: [Google]
1436845020045.jpg
219 KB, 983x1013
>>7180472
Dude. This pie filling is going to be the absolute BEST.
>>
>>7180472
You don't add acid to a chutney.
>>
>>7179097
His life as a crippled cvck holding trying to hold onto the last potential relationship in his life
>>
>>7179051
Onion and thyme would be good but I can't really come up with anything else. Pork would be great but impossible to can. Maybe a twist on waldorf salad with walnuts and celery in the pie.
>>
Op here. I'm surprised this thread is still around.
To clarify, I would only add enough thyme and onion to be background flavors. I could substitute pork broth (homemade) for the water in the recipe, but I would have to pressure can it. I think that would turn the apples into mush.
>>
>>7181684
Don't. If you're hellbent about a savory element in your apple pie, add just a touch of some good shredded cheddar to the crust. Onion, thyme, and pork broth seems like a bad idea.
>>
>>7179080
My wife's bull makes me eat kraft singles while I get cucked every night.
>>
>>7180630
cuck
>>
>>7182146
For fuck sake, that is the filter they remove? Pure cancer.
>>
Just make a shepard's pie and shove apples in it
>>
File: 1429203610584.jpg (114 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1429203610584.jpg
114 KB, 720x960
>>7179072
>Apple filling with blue cheese
>>
>>7182180
baka desu senpai cuck
>>
>>7182180
Filters are the cancer, senpai.
>>
>>7182180
get a load of this cuck
>>
>>7182203
>>7182206
>>7182212
Truly pathetic.

On a different note, just got a number captcha. Maybe it isn't all bad.
>>
>>7182217
No need to be such a roodypoo.
>>
>>7182224
Not seen that in a long time, can we bring it back? Filter or not. Cuck just isn't funny.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.